BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2017 12:00:04 PM EDT
I encourage folks to comment.

Give the ATF feedback on Bumpstocks
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Done, I told them to reopen the registry for new production machine guns.
MAGA
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Done, I told them to reopen the registry for new production machine guns.
MAGA
View Quote
That would be nice and should happen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
This should become a Fire mission now. Antis have started commenting there.

Hyperbolic Drivel. In about 10 minutes I will have a professional response with CDC and FBI UCR data that will crush the feeble and their drivel. And remind them they should also be concerned whether they want to bear the responsibility for allowing these devices to exist and if so are they willing to open a machine gun amnesty. If you want to copy my outline which will be in about 10 minutes go for it change it up a little.

Please protect American lives and stop the proliferation of bump stocks that have been used in a mass murder of American citizens. There is no need for these devices in America. We have limited gun regulations and we must step up and speak out when we believe something is dangerous. These devices
Are dangerous and unnecessary. Please say no to them!

There is no reason ordinary citizens need access to assault weapons, or modifications like bump stocks which essentially replicate automatic weapons.

We can regulate bump stocks, and pass comprehensive gun reform without stopping responsible gun owners from accessing their second amendment rights. And something as simple as tracking who owns a gun, like we do with cars and car titles right now, will make it harder for the people who aren't able to legally purchase guns do so through quasi-legal methods.

If someone wants to serve our country and operate assault weapons, they can join the military. They'll learn pretty quickly that they belong on the battlefield, not in the home.

The solution when a kid on the playground throws a rock isn't to make sure that every kid has a rock. The solution when a deranged murderer kills our children, parents, and friends isn't to make sure that every American has the ability to do the same.

I beg the ATF to take action to stop sales of products that are designed specifically to make guns fire faster, to muffle the sound generated by the firing of guns and which make gun violence more likely, more lethal and more frequent.

I support citizens' right to bear arms, however, there is no reason that we cannot have reasonable limitations on the guns that citizens can carry. We have reasonable regulations on cars. We don't allow children to drive cars, you must be licensed to drive, ownership of cars must be properly registered, it is required by law to wear seatbelts, we limit the speed you can drive. When reasonable restrictions are suggested for guns, a product that is designed specifically to kill, the gun manufacturer's lobby opposes these regulations. The trade-off in my opinion is very simple. We can chose unrestricted sales of guns and ancillary products so gun manufacturers can have unrestricted profits or we can make reasonable restrictions which make citizens safer. More guns with higher rates of fire or with silencers do not make citizens or law enforcement safer.

I specifically request that "bump stocks" and other products which effectively make semi-automatic guns firer faster be illegal. I also request that gun silencers be illegal. Please protect the lives of U.S. citizens by making reasonable restrictions on the type of guns that citizens can bear.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
As a Law abiding citizen I can not remain silent any longer on this issue. For too long the fringe emotional element of society have consistently clamored to extinguish the rights of all to fit their agenda. Their agenda is fueled by the media and its inflammatory language in reporting these incidents as they occur focusing first and foremost on the implement used. This is a feeble and emotional knee jerk response in a "please do something I am scared" as evident here.
So much for land of the free and home of the brave.

First and foremost the The National Firearms Act defines "machine gun" as "any weapon which shoots, is. designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than. one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."
The US Army Definition of an assault rifle as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between sub-machine gun and rifle cartridges. It must be capable of selective rates of fire."
A Bump Stock is not a machine gun nor does it convert modern sporting rifles into machine guns. Also per the NFA-Assault rifles are heavily regulated and post May 19 1986 are not acquirable to the public.

The knee jerk response based upon irrelevant irrational emotion needs to end along with inflammatory language that sparks emotions pushing for a political and legislative response that goes against the 2nd Amendment of the United States constitution.
Pro gun or not, we as Americans have a right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. We have a common goal, but different ways to obtaining them. Under the Bill Of Rights, and as the 2nd Amendment was written, The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. This right has been infringed with the first forms of gun-control dating back to southern democrats fearful of former slaves seeking retribution with a firearm. It shall come as no surprise that today, the democratic party seeks to continue limiting the rights of citizens to fit their agenda disguised as public safety and irrelevant media driven fear.

The emotionally unstable in this country get to sound their voice to push ever harmful legislation that erode our rights as citizens to fit their feeble agenda and enough is enough.

Some have commented hyperbolic whatifisms so far. Time to face facts.
According to CDC data there are 0 deaths reported related to assault rifles/machine guns. Modern Sporting Rifles such as the AR15 fall under the rifle category in FBI UCR data.
Per that data homicides where a rifle was commissioned in homicide/criminal enterprise 2012-298, 2013-285, 2014-258, 2015-258, 2016-374 Total of 1,215 Deaths via Rifle per FBI UCR.
Or an average of 243 people are killed per year when a rifle is commissioned in criminal enterprise/homicide.

What has Killed more? What is a more threat to public health and safety?
Knives 2012-1,604, 2013-1,490, 2014-1,595, 2015-1,589, 2016-1,604 A total of 7,882
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) 2012-707, 2013-687, 2014-682, 2015-659, 2016-656 Total of 3,391
Is the Ban camp in favor of banning fists feet and hands? Or how about knives?
And then there are pistols shotguns. What is ironic is Cities and States with the strictest gun laws, show higher numbers of casualties via firearms than states that respect and uphold the constitution of the United States.
What is also Ironic. Gun Control created the ingenious bump stock. Perhaps its time we de-regulate machine guns and allow full auto to be sold again to the public. They are a demand item that are simulated by bump fire stocks. Which brings up another good point. Do we now prosecute and incarcerate on simulated crimes? Think this one through ATF... A bump stock simulates. It does not alter the mechanical function of the fire control group in any weapons platform. So Do we now get to arrest someone who is gaining access to their house through a window as a simulation of a break in? Or trespassing? It would simulate a crime would it not? Law enforcement's job is to investigate and gather evidence. Not to declare a crime has been indeed committed. If bump stock bans are to go into effect or to become a crime by simulation, you just opened the door to making criminals out of citizens for other simulated crimes in America.

What about something that isnt a weapon? How about automobiles and private modes of transportation?

Per IIHS people died in motor vehicle crashes
2012-33,561, 2013-32,719, 2014-32,675, 2015-35,092, 2016-37,461
Thats a total of 171,508 or an average of 34,301.6
Is the ban camp in favor of banning private modes of transportation? No of course not. Because the media is not reporting of deadly assault cars, trucks, suvs with high capacity fuel tanks and factory equipped suppressors.
Then there is the ultimate push cause-"Muh Childrunz!" Brace yourselves this is going to come off harsh.
That Myth all of these anti gun propogandists publish, do not match CDC nor FBI UCR data for child mortality rates as they lead you to believe. On the contrary.
Swimming Pools have killed more children in the past 10 years than fire arms have in the last 20.
House hold cleaning agents have killed more children in the past 5 years than firearms.
Hiding behind your sandy hook and columbine... Stop.

We have a common problem to solve. The proper solution would be to allow for the National Reciprocity of concealed and open carry and a National Stand Your Ground No Duty To Retreat act.
Relying on an adult in the room approach, is a broken and flawed system which has demonstrated time and time again, When a tragedy occurs, Call 911 and rely on a person with a badge and a gun to arrive to handle your problems for you. When seconds matter help is only minutes away. And that is not fair. Not fair to the law abiding who I promise go through a more intensive background check to get their concealed carry permit/license than you do your drivers license.
Not fair to the police officers who can not be everywhere at once. Not fair they are patrolling an area far away and fight with congested roads to get there in time to risk their life to thwart an active shooter. Your supercilious demonstration of being dependent has proven to be a failure time and time again. Want to stop these occurrences from happening? Arm and train school teachers who want to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and allow them to protect the precious children rather than huddle on the floor to become a static target for the deranged. Bank trucks offer far greater incentive to attack than a school full of innocent school children. Yet they aren't attacked are they? I wonder if armed guards aboard makes a difference and removes the criminals incentive to attack...

If anti gunners and emotional manipulated people could wish upon a shooting star and make every firearm and bullet disappear today, they have solved nothing as they did not focus on the incentive or intent. As stated before we have a common goal which is to stop these heinous acts from being committed. Banning the implement is a feeble knee jerk response.
If their wish came true, the implement would simply shift from firearms to knives, blunt force objects or other means as is proven in both Australia and the UK with an escalation in Knife attacks, and arson.

Remember ATF. ALWAYS THINK FREEDOM
I wish to remain Anonymous. I do not need the door getting kicked in or my doggo shot in a Waco style raid upon my dwelling, or as you would word it, "compound".
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
How is this thread not 10pgs long already.

Looks like the NRA is getting it's wish and the ATF is attempting to redefine bumpstocks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I just want to get one more FUCK THE NRA in before I go to sleep.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How is this thread not 10pgs long already.

Looks like the NRA is getting it's wish and the ATF is attempting to redefine bumpstocks.
View Quote
They'll stand up to the anti's when they attempt to ban semiauto's with a membership drive like you've never seen before.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a Law abiding citizen I can not remain silent any longer on this issue. For too long the fringe emotional element of society have consistently clamored to extinguish the rights of all to fit their agenda. Their agenda is fueled by the media and its inflammatory language in reporting these incidents as they occur focusing first and foremost on the implement used. This is a feeble and emotional knee jerk response in a "please do something I am scared" as evident here.
So much for land of the free and home of the brave.

First and foremost the The National Firearms Act defines "machine gun" as "any weapon which shoots, is. designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than. one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."
The US Army Definition of an assault rifle as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between sub-machine gun and rifle cartridges. It must be capable of selective rates of fire."
A Bump Stock is not a machine gun nor does it convert modern sporting rifles into machine guns. Also per the NFA-Assault rifles are heavily regulated and post May 19 1986 are not acquirable to the public.

The knee jerk response based upon irrelevant irrational emotion needs to end along with inflammatory language that sparks emotions pushing for a political and legislative response that goes against the 2nd Amendment of the United States constitution.
Pro gun or not, we as Americans have a right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. We have a common goal, but different ways to obtaining them. Under the Bill Of Rights, and as the 2nd Amendment was written, The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. This right has been infringed with the first forms of gun-control dating back to southern democrats fearful of former slaves seeking retribution with a firearm. It shall come as no surprise that today, the democratic party seeks to continue limiting the rights of citizens to fit their agenda disguised as public safety and irrelevant media driven fear.

The emotionally unstable in this country get to sound their voice to push ever harmful legislation that erode our rights as citizens to fit their feeble agenda and enough is enough.

Some have commented hyperbolic whatifisms so far. Time to face facts.
According to CDC data there are 0 deaths reported related to assault rifles/machine guns. Modern Sporting Rifles such as the AR15 fall under the rifle category in FBI UCR data.
Per that data homicides where a rifle was commissioned in homicide/criminal enterprise 2012-298, 2013-285, 2014-258, 2015-258, 2016-374 Total of 1,215 Deaths via Rifle per FBI UCR.
Or an average of 243 people are killed per year when a rifle is commissioned in criminal enterprise/homicide.

What has Killed more? What is a more threat to public health and safety?
Knives 2012-1,604, 2013-1,490, 2014-1,595, 2015-1,589, 2016-1,604 A total of 7,882
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) 2012-707, 2013-687, 2014-682, 2015-659, 2016-656 Total of 3,391
Is the Ban camp in favor of banning fists feet and hands? Or how about knives?
And then there are pistols shotguns. What is ironic is Cities and States with the strictest gun laws, show higher numbers of casualties via firearms than states that respect and uphold the constitution of the United States.
What is also Ironic. Gun Control created the ingenious bump stock. Perhaps its time we de-regulate machine guns and allow full auto to be sold again to the public. They are a demand item that are simulated by bump fire stocks. Which brings up another good point. Do we now prosecute and incarcerate on simulated crimes? Think this one through ATF... A bump stock simulates. It does not alter the mechanical function of the fire control group in any weapons platform. So Do we now get to arrest someone who is gaining access to their house through a window as a simulation of a break in? Or trespassing? It would simulate a crime would it not? Law enforcement's job is to investigate and gather evidence. Not to declare a crime has been indeed committed. If bump stock bans are to go into effect or to become a crime by simulation, you just opened the door to making criminals out of citizens for other simulated crimes in America.

What about something that isnt a weapon? How about automobiles and private modes of transportation?

Per IIHS people died in motor vehicle crashes
2012-33,561, 2013-32,719, 2014-32,675, 2015-35,092, 2016-37,461
Thats a total of 171,508 or an average of 34,301.6
Is the ban camp in favor of banning private modes of transportation? No of course not. Because the media is not reporting of deadly assault cars, trucks, suvs with high capacity fuel tanks and factory equipped suppressors.
Then there is the ultimate push cause-"Muh Childrunz!" Brace yourselves this is going to come off harsh.
That Myth all of these anti gun propogandists publish, do not match CDC nor FBI UCR data for child mortality rates as they lead you to believe. On the contrary.
Swimming Pools have killed more children in the past 10 years than fire arms have in the last 20.
House hold cleaning agents have killed more children in the past 5 years than firearms.
Hiding behind your sandy hook and columbine... Stop.

We have a common problem to solve. The proper solution would be to allow for the National Reciprocity of concealed and open carry and a National Stand Your Ground No Duty To Retreat act.
Relying on an adult in the room approach, is a broken and flawed system which has demonstrated time and time again, When a tragedy occurs, Call 911 and rely on a person with a badge and a gun to arrive to handle your problems for you. When seconds matter help is only minutes away. And that is not fair. Not fair to the law abiding who I promise go through a more intensive background check to get their concealed carry permit/license than you do your drivers license.
Not fair to the police officers who can not be everywhere at once. Not fair they are patrolling an area far away and fight with congested roads to get there in time to risk their life to thwart an active shooter. Your supercilious demonstration of being dependent has proven to be a failure time and time again. Want to stop these occurrences from happening? Arm and train school teachers who want to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and allow them to protect the precious children rather than huddle on the floor to become a static target for the deranged. Bank trucks offer far greater incentive to attack than a school full of innocent school children. Yet they aren't attacked are they? I wonder if armed guards aboard makes a difference and removes the criminals incentive to attack...

If anti gunners and emotional manipulated people could wish upon a shooting star and make every firearm and bullet disappear today, they have solved nothing as they did not focus on the incentive or intent. As stated before we have a common goal which is to stop these heinous acts from being committed. Banning the implement is a feeble knee jerk response.
If their wish came true, the implement would simply shift from firearms to knives, blunt force objects or other means as is proven in both Australia and the UK with an escalation in Knife attacks, and arson.

Remember ATF. ALWAYS THINK FREEDOM
I wish to remain Anonymous. I do not need the door getting kicked in or my doggo shot in a Waco style raid upon my dwelling, or as you would word it, "compound".
View Quote
I had been looking for an example statement - thanks! There now seems to be a character limit, so I had to edit it down
some.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had been looking for an example statement - thanks! There now seems to be a character limit, so I had to edit it down
some.
View Quote
"Written comments must be postmarked and electronic comments must be submitted on or before January 25, 2018."

Too late...
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:33:35 AM EDT
[#10]
So I went to the NRA home page to see how much memberships are.  $1500 for a life membership?  Only $1500 to allow the NRA to compromise away our Rights.  They can go get fucked.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
The only pro-gun group to get national media attention is the nra. By joining you up, the membership number goes up, which is what the anti-gun, news media is afraid of. If it wasn't for the nra, which I don't agree with many times, we would have lost all our gun rights in the sixties.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I feel like we just did this..  Talk about checking the ol govt form box.  Here is how I envision the process:

Comment period --> Comment review --> Submit comment report --->  Trash can  ---> proceed with illegal law rewrite
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I feel like we just did this..  Talk about checking the ol govt form box.  Here is how I envision the process:

Comment period --> Comment review --> Submit comment report --->  Trash can  ---> proceed with illegal law rewrite
View Quote
Sadly, that's probably an accurate summary of the process.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The only pro-gun group to get national media attention is the nra. By joining you up, the membership number goes up, which is what the anti-gun, news media is afraid of. If it wasn't for the nra, which I don't agree with many times, we would have lost all our gun rights in the sixties.
View Quote
That's total bullshit.  It was the NRA who pushed for NFA 34 and GCA 68.  It was the NRA who "compromised" on every gun control bill the dems submitted.  I rescinded my life membership in the 90s after the AWB, yet another NRA "compromise".  How many fudds still sit on the NRA BoD who have no problems letting Rights get whittled away?  Hell, Joaquin Jackson sat for YEARS after his statement saying "assault weapons need to be in the hands of the military and the police" and that magazines all need to be limited to 5 rounds.  That was a long time NRA board member.  The NRAs statement gave him a pass on this and at his funeral, Wayne LaPierre paid tribute to him saying  “Joaquin Jackson was an American hero in the truest sense. His twenty-seven years as a Texas Ranger was the stuff of legends, the heroic tales of books and movies and campfires. He loved the people he served, loved Texas and America, loved and adored his wife and family.”  LaPierre said Jackson served the NRA board with great distinction.  “Joaquin believed in the Second Amendment with all his heart and was a great friend to gun owners in his service to the NRA. I knew I could always count on his personal support and friendship.”  “The NRA has lost a valued director, a trusted member of the NRA family,” LaPierre continued. “America has lost a legendary lawman. I have lost one of my heroes.”  LaPierre was reminded of a conversation he once had with Jackson.  “I once asked Joaquin how he would like to be remembered,” LaPierre recalled. “I’ll never forget what he told me. He said, ‘Wayne, I’d like to be remembered as a good hand, a Texas Ranger, a lawman that made Texas safe for decent people.’ That’s how I’ll always remember my friend, Joaquin Jackson.”

Was he one of your heroes too?  He certainly wasn't one of mine.  Good riddance to a traitor.

For real activism, who ACTUALLY brought forward the Heller and McDonald cases?  The SAF.  Who didn't want them brought forward and only joined after brought kicking and screaming to the table?  Who almost blew those cases?  Who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory when Chicago nearly ended up with Constitutional carry?  Yeah, the NRA.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I did some quick internet fact checking, and you are right! Sorry for my above post. I never realized they supported the 1934 and 1968 laws.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
No worries, you looked into it.  Look deeper, never take anyone's word for it, especially some internet stranger   lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is mine:
Dear sirs and/or madams
I am writing to comment that I believe any ban or regulation on so-called "bump-stocks" or "slide-fire" stocks or "bump-fire" stocks to be a direct violation of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. While I realize that may not hold any water with you guys in the ATF, I will additionally point out a few flaws in your nomenclature, definitions, and verbal logic within the published proposed ruling that render your classification of these devices inaccurate and misleading.

"...In this proposed rule, the Department accordingly interprets the definition of “machinegun” to clarify that all bump-stock-type devices are “machineguns” under the GCA and NFA because they convert a semiautomatic firearm into a firearm that shoots automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

1) The NFA defines “machinegun” as any weapon which: “shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.”

by a SINGLE FUNCTION of the TRIGGER.

In the case of a semi-automatic weapon equipped with a slide-fire style stock   EVERY ROUND THAT LEAVES THE BARREL is THE RESULT of a SINGLE FUNCTION of the TRIGGER. PERIOD. You cannot re-interpret the laws of physics "just because", which is what your re-write of the "regulation" seems to be based on. Einstein's theory of relativity - if you've been through high school physics, you should know this - says that it doesn't matter if the rifle (and therefor the trigger) is moving forward in the hands and against the index finger, or the index finger is moving backward against the trigger, it still results in ONE SINGLE TRIGGER FUNCTION PER ROUND.

Now, that is what the LAW says. If you want the LAW to read differently, you will need a bill introduced in congress to CHANGE THE LAW. Otherwise, and number...

2) You cannot legislate from the bureaucratic office chair. I may disagree all day long with the ATF's authority to regulate machine guns, tanks, and explosives (and tobacco and Alcohol for that matter), but A LAW (2 laws in fact - the NFA and the GCA) was duly written by House and passed in the Senate and signed by the President.
PLEASE
FOLLOW
THAT
LAW
and stop trying to legislate.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
The People will be watching
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top