Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2020 11:24:32 AM EDT
There is talk that BATFE may re-classify some AR Pistols as SBR or AOW under NFA.

It is my understanding that they are mainly targeting braces and to some extent barrels longer than 11" or so, in other words, the more "rifle like" ones.

How likely is it that an AR pistol in .223/5.56 with a short pistol buffer, no brace and a 7.5" barrel with no forward grip will fall under this re-classification?  Also if it matters, no "rifle sights" only a red dot with no magnification.

My apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but I see legal questions get moved out of the AR pistol forum due to not being technical.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
There is talk that BATFE may re-classify some AR Pistols as SBR or AOW under NFA.

It is my understanding that they are mainly targeting braces and to some extent barrels longer than 11" or so, in other words, the more "rifle like" ones.

How likely is it that an AR pistol in .223/5.56 with a short pistol buffer, no brace and a 7.5" barrel with no forward grip will fall under this re-classification?  Also if it matters, no "rifle sights" only a red dot with no magnification.

My apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but I see legal questions get moved out of the AR pistol forum due to not being technical.
View Quote

There is no telling what will be in any new law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top