Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2023 3:58:27 PM EDT
RIF

But Ocasio-Cortez, who confirmed in May 2022 that she was engaged, remains unmarried to Roberts, according to her spokeswoman.

“They are not legally married,” Lauren Hitt, a rep for the “Squad” member, told the Free Beacon. “House Ethics has commonly recognized the term ‘spouse’ to extend to long-term partners.”

In fact, the House Ethics Manual states that a “spouse” listed in disclosure forms must be someone to whom a member is “legally married.” Under the ethics rules, AOC would have been expected to disclose Roberts’ financial information.

The Bronx and Queens lawmaker referred to Roberts as her “spouse” while describing their travels to Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Italy, according to legal filings to the House Ethics Committee first reported Wednesday by the Washington Free Beacon.

Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), 33, flew to the Far East in January on a trip sponsored by the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation and to South America in August for a visit sponsored by liberal billionaire George Soros’ Foundation to Promote Open Society.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-shes-married-in-disclosure-forms-docs/

Roberts paid his own way on both trips, both trip sponsors confirmed to the Free Beacon.

In August 2022, the pol also footed the bill for a week-long vacation in Venice, Italy, with her fiancé — and was sponsored as a guest at an art conference hosted by a Los Angeles-based charity during that time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/09/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-cant-afford-my-washington-d-c-apartment/1940870002/

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman elected to Congress in the midterm elections, is struggling to pay rent, according to a recent interview.

Thursday, she pointed to her lack of income as a reason why some people are not able to work in politics.

"There are many little ways in which our electoral system isn’t even designed (nor prepared) for working-class people to lead," she said.

She said she hopes she can change that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Cunt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Laws don’t apply to protected class Libtards…
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No titties.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Laws don't apply to protected class Libtards
View Quote
Tax The Rich

Bitch is a Communist.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Ethics?  For a democrat politician?

GD ain’t got time for that.

Too busy complaining about the behavior of a Republican representative who was reportedly not perfectly behaved at the theater.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Another useless liberal twat.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I've said it before, but I hope she winds up penniless and winds up doing OF for rent.  Then GD watches it and sees that she has really gross nips or giant areolas or something and loses all interest in her.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've said it before, but I hope she winds up penniless and winds up doing OF for rent.  Then GD watches it and sees that she has really gross nips or giant areolas or something and loses all interest in her.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]
congressional ethics?  thats one of them ox morons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/09/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-cant-afford-my-washington-d-c-apartment/1940870002/

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman elected to Congress in the midterm elections, is struggling to pay rent, according to a recent interview.

Thursday, she pointed to her lack of income as a reason why some people are not able to work in politics.

"There are many little ways in which our electoral system isn’t even designed (nor prepared) for working-class people to lead," she said.

View Quote

It's not meant to be either a career or a full time job.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Why on Earth are Foundations allowed to sponsor (pay) for a member of Congress’ trips. That is beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would you say such a horrible thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I honestly have a hard time getting worked up about that story. It’s hardly worth an ethics inquiry or even the article posted about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ethics?  For a democrat politician?

View Quote

I'm sure she'll be the first person to be censored by the office of congressional ethics. (yes, they've never actually censured anyone)
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

She can go back to being a bartender any time she likes if congressional pay and perqs are not generous enough.
https://www.ntu.org/foundation/tax-page/congress-pay-perks
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/average-salary-by-state/

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tax The Rich

Bitch is a Communist.
View Quote

but she sure loves rubbing elbows with them doesn't she.

How many times did she bitch about Justice Thomas taking gifts.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Best hooters in Congress.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]
show them
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#20]
AOC and ethics don't belong in the same sentence. Of course that could be said for most politicians.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Considering they were supposed to be volunteer positions
.....fugg'er
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I honestly have a hard time getting worked up about that story. It’s hardly worth an ethics inquiry or even the article posted about it.
View Quote

It is when spouses have to list financials that can be tied back to the politician.
Top Top