Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2018 6:45:52 PM EDT
With the RX 590 and Vega cards, you'll get Devil May Cry 5, Division 2, and Resident Evil 2 remake.

With the RX 580 and 570, you can choose 2 of those games.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
If anyone is wondering performance wise the 590 is right between a 1060 6g and a 1070.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If they end up putting Sapphire's RX 580 Nitro on sale for around $200, I'll probably get it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a powercolor red dragon vega 56 in the last month for $330 shipped. It may show up at this price again.

Right now theres a rx 570(4gb) for $140 at newegg, too. That's a very good budget option.

I recieved the last round of game codes, and the new ones look good, too.

NOTE: the new game bundle is for not yet released games
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a really great deal. I doubt a Vega card would even fit in my case, though. I only have 10.6" of space for a card

My CPU is getting pretty ancient as well, so it would be a big bottle neck for some games. I'll probably go AMD next time I update that. I hate that Intel changes their socket like every other year, if only to force you to buy a new motherboard.

Does anyone have recommendations on GPU manufacturers? I've always had EVGA Nvidia cards. I was looking at Sapphire mostly because they seem to be Radeon's EVGA. Other brands already have $200 RX 580s, but I am weary of their quality.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a really great deal. I doubt a Vega card would even fit in my case, though. I only have 10.6" of space for a card

My CPU is getting pretty ancient as well, so it would be a big bottle neck for some games. I'll probably go AMD next time I update that. I hate that Intel changes their socket like every other year, if only to force you to buy a new motherboard.

Does anyone have recommendations on GPU manufacturers? I've always had EVGA Nvidia cards. I was looking at Sapphire mostly because they seem to be Radeon's EVGA. Other brands already have $200 RX 580s, but I am weary of their quality.
View Quote
They make some pretty compact Vega 56 cards now. Evga has had a few problems with bad components lighting cards on fire last couple series. What cpu are you using?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Last time they offered games with a CPU, I bought three, one for myself and two for friend.  They didn't honor their rebate.z
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#7]
its while supplies last.  i got in on the free games just before these with a vega 64.  no issue
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sapphire, XFX, and Powercolor are the big AMD manufacturers.  Still rocking a XFX R9 290 in my secondary PC.  Fans failed on it a while back and they sent me a new cooler no questions asked.  It still runs things surprisingly well to be from 2013.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sapphire, XFX, and Powercolor are the big AMD manufacturers.  Still rocking a XFX R9 290 in my secondary PC.  Fans failed on it a while back and they sent me a new cooler no questions asked.  It still runs things surprisingly well to be from 2013.
View Quote
ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte are solid as well.
The main one I would stay away from is Diamond.

AsRock is new to the GPU game, at least in NA, so I would probably stay away from them for now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They make some pretty compact Vega 56 cards now. Evga has had a few problems with bad components lighting cards on fire last couple series. What cpu are you using?
View Quote
i5 3450
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:27:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i5 3450
View Quote
If you have an overclockable mobo you may be able to find a 3770k  used pretty cheap as an upgrade.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you have an overclockable mobo you may be able to find a 3770k  used pretty cheap as an upgrade.
View Quote
I've actually been looking recently. It's amazing that a 6 generation old CPU still holds up. Apparently this has become more common knowledge now, and people are buying them up.

I also think that I'm going to go with an 8gb RX 570 instead. They can be had for $150 with the 2 game deal, and only perform 5-10% lower than the 580. It's a huge upgrade from my GTX 960 (which are going for around $60 on eBay). After I sell that card, it will be like I got the games at a discount with a free GPU.

Edit - Ended up going with the XFX 8gb RX 570
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've actually been looking recently. It's amazing that a 6 generation old CPU still holds up. Apparently this has become more common knowledge now, and people are buying them up.

I also think that I'm going to go with an 8gb RX 570 instead. They can be had for $150 with the 2 game deal, and only perform 5-10% lower than the 580. It's a huge upgrade from my GTX 960 (which are going for around $60 on eBay). After I sell that card, it will be like I got the games at a discount with a free GPU.

Edit - Ended up going with the XFX 8gb RX 570
View Quote
Yeah my 3770k lasted until this year when I finally replaced it with a 2700x. Amd is essentially the budget king right now for graphics and cpus.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah my 3770k lasted until this year when I finally replaced it with a 2700x. Amd is essentially the budget king right now for graphics and cpus.
View Quote
i just upgraded from a phenom 2 955 to a 2700x, it seems like a great cpu for the price so far
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top