Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2023 7:36:17 PM EDT
I haven't even made any progress learning guitar, now this:

I've lost my damn mind.

It's about the funky-coolest thing I've ever seen, then I said "let me see that" and she hugged me and said
"how about it sailor" ...ok...

Ah well, at least it's pretty.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to Guitar Center yesterday and spent probably 15 minutes (a lot for me in a store) playing a small Martin acoustic bass.  That was the most fun I've ever had with a guitar.  Unfortunately, it was priced more than my electric guitar.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I haven't even made any progress learning guitar, now this:

https://media.sweetwater.com/api/i/ha-7182ccad409debf0__hmac-ebc3af38ee0aacd4e8f2dc5b932754821a4c3b3d/images/items/750/JagBsPPCO-large.jpg

I've lost my damn mind.

It's about the funky-coolest thing I've ever seen, then I said "let me see that" and she hugged me and said
"how about it sailor" ...ok...

Ah well, at least it's pretty.
View Quote

It happens.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It happens.
View Quote

They have one in the same shape and color with dual humbuckers and active electronics. It's called the Meteora that I have my eye on, saw a girl playing one recently and it sounded pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
First thought was Mark Hoppus.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Those and the Meteoras are the only F-basses that i find attractive. Nice!
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.elderly.com/

Back in my cabbie days I used to pick people up at the airport who had flown in from all over the world to visit, and buy, from this place.

Apparently they're kind of a big deal to guitarists.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.elderly.com/

Back in my cabbie days I used to pick people up at the airport who had flown in from all over the world to visit, and buy, from this place.

Apparently they're kind of a big deal to guitarists.
View Quote

1963 Explorer: $198,000
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First thought was Mark Hoppus.
View Quote

I did not know who that was until today.

Having an absolute blast with the bass, about an hour of "learning" most every night. Discovered tabs and learned the "not" bass opening line from seven nation army so I'm playing a tiny little bit of music.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did not know who that was until today.

Having an absolute blast with the bass, about an hour of "learning" most every night. Discovered tabs and learned the "not" bass opening line from seven nation army so I'm playing a tiny little bit of music.
View Quote

Truth be told i like to go and poach one if my son's basses off his wall when he's  not home and play a bit.  I played bass for years until i lost the first joint in my right index finger. Yeah, i could play with a pick but why?
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 4:09:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I went to the same school as that guy. Used to see their flyers plastered all around town.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Truth be told i like to go and poach one if my son's basses off his wall when he's  not home and play a bit.  I played bass for years until i lost the first joint in my right index finger. Yeah, i could play with a pick but why?
View Quote

Because pick is just another tool in the arsenal. Pick away. I use both pick and fingers and they have their respective roles to play.
Top Top