Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2022 7:59:10 PM EDT
https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

The NRA didn’t want scary black peoples carrying guns.  

“Back in the 1960s, even the NRA supported gun control to disarm the group.

With each passing day, the debate for or against gun control rages on within the United States. And although the National Rifle Association (NRA) currently leads the charge for the rights of citizens to carry guns of all types with little to no interference from the government, the original gun rights advocates to take that stance were the Black Panthers.

Throughout the late 1960s, the militant black nationalist group used their understanding of the finer details of California’s gun laws to underscore their political statements about the subjugation of African-Americans. In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

More at link above
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Southern gun control was to keep guns from blacks.  Northern gun control was to keep guns from Irish.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The antigun control segment of the population is bigger than it seems. There is a bit of a problem with everyone actually just realizing that we can agree on this one issue.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
And yet they still vote Democrat.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

"They" is a big group.

More like "some of them"

And as much church going as "they" do, for any of them to vote for abortion and homosexual marriage makes my brain spin.

But I can tell you my children understand a party that touts representing the poor has zero interest in making you rich, and a party that espouses wealth can only get your vote if you are wealthy. Trust me, not all of "them" at all.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"They" is a big group.

More like "some of them"

And as much church going as "they" do, for any of them to vote for abortion and homosexual marriage makes my brain spin.

But I can tell you my children understand a party that touts representing the poor has zero interest in making you rich, and a party that espouses wealth can only get your vote if you are wealthy. Trust me, not all of "them" at all.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"They" is a big group.

More like "some of them"

Point made, your correct sir.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember back in the 60’s, my uncle had to prove to a judge that someone had threatened him, to get a concealed carry permit.  And this was in Georgia.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The samll town my grandmother live in....you could tell a visitor, they were not open carrying, especially during hunting season

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Democrats are inherently racist.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Gun control is racist, and sexist, and anti-LGBT.

That is obvious.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"They" is a big group.

More like "some of them"

View Quote

There are a lot of blacks in my county and I've gotten to know a lot of them in my lifetime,
 90 to 95 percent of the ones I've known are hardcore democrats and if whites don't agree
 with their views they say the whites are racist.

even most of the blacks that I have known and believe are decent people have a
   hidden dislike for whites.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Southern gun control was to keep guns from blacks.  Northern gun control was to keep guns from Irish.
View Quote

Free blacks.   Slaves could possess guns owned by their master.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top