Sign the letters with 'Real Lawyer, not a penguin.  For reals.'
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Get ready for some prison lovin, Penguin
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Legal mail has been used for a LONG time to hide things. Drugs, sex photos, etc. Most were faked from/to an attorney, while others have had the attorney involved.

And, to your surprise, some lawyers will allow 3 way calls to run through their office numbers in order to avoid the monitoring of the calls, since they are calls to "an attorney".

And we even had a nice attorney letting her clients use her phone during jail visits. She was also nice enough to let them use her vagina when they were done with the calls.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Only use snail mail and seal your envelopes with wax and your official Penguin seal of "Truth, Justice, and the American Way",
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hardly ever have sex with inmates.
View Quote

She said she never did. If only there wasn't a camera in there that was added just for her. It was video only, as not to possibly catch any of the conversation.

It was a good change to see the attorneys were having more sex with the inmates than any of the officers

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
lol which facility? i am a co and deliver correo legal most days except for when i am out on comp.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve tried a bunch of magistrate level cases and I’ve presented cases before the Grand Jury on several occasions. Maybe I should start visiting prisons.

.......not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Legal mail has been used for a LONG time to hide things. Drugs, sex photos, etc. Most were faked from/to an attorney, while others have had the attorney involved.

And, to your surprise, some lawyers will allow 3 way calls to run through their office numbers in order to avoid the monitoring of the calls, since they are calls to "an attorney".

And we even had a nice attorney letting her clients use her phone during jail visits. She was also nice enough to let them use her vagina when they were done with the calls.
View Quote

Sure she wasnt a psychologist?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I had a former CO arrested for writing me a bad check. He called me and asked to hire me to defend him against the bad check charge.

edit I don't doubt that people try to use fake lawyer letters to mail in contraband, just the first time I've had a facility call me.
View Quote

You should get your payment up front.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
As if real lawyers weren’t scourge enough.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Soon, the only way to get private communications into the prison is going to be the ole booty purse.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#16]
What a pain in the ass for jail staff and attorneys.  When I worked the county jail all incoming mail was opened and checked for paraphernalia in front of the inmate.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I worked with a woman whose "lawyer" got arrested in the middle of her divorce for being a fraud.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Synthetic Drugs are a huge issue for staff in prison.

They take cotton Paper or regular paper, Soak it in ketamine, amphetamines or other Synthetic drugs an then dry it, then print text on it so it looks all legitimate.

Then the paper is divided out like graph paper into squares and sold by the inmates to one another.....two or three squares makes them absolutely loose their shit, think of like 90's PCP high videos.

or the Fake Amazon Companies that look like they are donating or selling books to the institution/ a specific inmate, but actually are introducing thousands of dollars of drugs to an inmate to be re-sold...
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A public defender in upstate NY turned out to not be an attorney. Oops
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I worked with a woman whose "lawyer" got arrested in the middle of her divorce for being a fraud.

hell, he might have been better than the real public defenders!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I had a former CO arrested for writing me a bad check. He called me and asked to hire me to defend him against the bad check charge.

edit I don't doubt that people try to use fake lawyer letters to mail in contraband, just the first time I've had a facility call me.
View Quote

This is quality shitposting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saul?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Ever wish you had gone to Truck Driving School instead?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Jackie-Chan-WTF-Meme.png

Well, he is a CO...
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That's a little weird. They used to let cops do traffic tickets and some misdemeanors here but I think that's mostly gone away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've tried a bunch of magistrate level cases and I've presented cases before the Grand Jury on several occasions. Maybe I should start visiting prisons.

.......not a lawyer.
That's a little weird. They used to let cops do traffic tickets and some misdemeanors here but I think that's mostly gone away.

Yeah,supervisors still present some of ours. They don’t even have to wear bow ties to court.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've tried a bunch of magistrate level cases and I've presented cases before the Grand Jury on several occasions. Maybe I should start visiting prisons.

.......not a lawyer.

I represented someone in a reckless driving ticket (misdemeanor up to 1yr jail), in Virginia that can be knocked down to improper driving (traffic ticket, max $500 fine) by agreement with prosecutor.  Prosecutor wouldn't get involved, said it's up to cop. Cop says he's fine with that.  So we get before judge, I tell judge the cop is OK with reducing to improper driving.  Judge got angry, "that's the PROSECUTOR'S call, not the cop's!"  I'm like, well, it's not my fault the prosecutor turned the case over to the cop.  Judge made ME go find the prosecutor to make him step up to the bar and say he was OK with the reduction.  It was bizarre.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Wait....... isn’t despicable scoundrels and lawyers kinda redundant?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I heard he enrolled in law school, then freaked out and stopped going. He didn't tell his family. He would just leave and go to the mall and drink coffee and read books at Borders or whatever. He applied back in the cruder days of the internet when no one bothered to check to see if you are admitted. It would never work now. I heard he was pretty good in trial.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Back years ago when i worked auto insurance claims, I got a Letter of Representation from an attorney representing one of the parties ( I forget if it was our policyholder or the claimant),  but when i read the letter it was "off".  It had the standard language about "we reprsent this party for the matter of the auto accident", "please do not contact our client directly outside of our cousel" etc. etc.  But after that it launched into an unhinged screed of ust outrageous demands.   but at the bottom in the footer it had this dudes info of his Texas Bar ID.  

This letter was so strange that i refused to believe it was written by a lawyer, so I go to the Texas Bar ID lookup site, and search the guy.  Turns out he's no longer licensed to practice law in the state of Texas.  I went ahead and forwarded a copy of his correspondence to the Bar to let them know he was still trying to practice.  Then i promptly ignored him.   I dont think i ever found out what the resolution was for that one.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top