Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3090
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:30:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#1]
My Doug Ritter RSK Mk2 arrives tomorrow. I paid way more than I wanted, but it looks like the perfect  6" general purpose do it all knife to me and I haven't seen any for sale in a while (who knows when another in like new condition would be available).

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

Especially if you leave the toilet seat up.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

I feel like this is an important part of your past that we needed to know, but dont know how to process yet.
It also made me laugh and spit out some bourbon.

Originally Posted By WICOUNSEL:
I thought it was some bizarre movie reference that no one knew.

Nope. Literal part of history. This girl down the way liked me and gave me a bike reflector she found. Where we lived had a lot of snakes so she must have went and caught one because I liked to catch them and play with them as a kid. Well I still do. Last year I was trying to get a pick with a snake for this thread but he wasn't interested.

I thought she was just being nice and accepted then thought we could go play with the snake but she just left. Looking back she was probably pretty upset I ignored her for a snake.

The neighborhood we lived in had a lot of citrus trees. She came back a little later and threw a grapefruit at my head when I was playing with some other neighbor kids. Since all the moms talk it became a thing.

Girls are definitely weird.

As a young Marine I said I wanted to live with a buncha chicks.
I was thinking Hugh Hefner and the Playboy Mansion kinda thing.
Unfortunately I did not specify.
So while I currently live with 4 females....it's far from what I had originally envisioned.
They can be sweet and awesome, but they can also be very strange and hostile without warning.

Especially if you leave the toilet seat up.  

Some fights arent worth having...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Sell me yours.

Put a nice polished edge on it first.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Quit hemming and hawing over it and just pull the trigger.

Sell me yours.

Put a nice polished edge on it first.

Negative Ghostrider.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]

She did bring me these tonight

https://i.imgur.com/ZUCrMD3.jpg
View Quote

Sounds like you have good relationship goals
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
The big side was cooked less...
https://i.imgur.com/5lYyfsR.jpg
View Quote

Would
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Negative Ghostrider.
View Quote

Fine, I'll take it without the polished edge. But you owe me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Titanium Thursday

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By evo7011:
https://i.imgur.com/NBvqwSW.jpg
View Quote

I like everything in that picture.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#10]
Originally Posted By 762AR25:

Whaat?  I think Jason was the guy I dealt with a few times in the past.
View Quote

They have a very small team given the volume they do (I have seen less than 30? feel like it be as few as 10-20), so it was either him or Jason Thoune, the owner. Jason Hamre usually answered the phone as Hammer.

Far be it from me to participate in idle gossip, but that is all I have right now...

It sounds like they are a pretty tight knit family of people. It also sounds like Jason Thoune and Paul Edgette treat their people pretty good. Even when they were slamming busy over the holidays Hammer said the employees were able to stick to about 40 hours a week and Jason and Paul sucked up the rest. I just talked to Hammer on the phone earlier this month and he spoke highly of the company and people. He was one of their main CS people I believe, did a lot with their social media.

Then in the last week, I was just catching bits and pieces, someone saw a GEC on ebay coming from Marinette Wisconsins and it was one that had not been released yet I don't think, and asked DLT if they would be selling hard to find models on ebay going forward. It came out that the sale was not from DLT, it was from Hammer, someone used the term "skimmed," and Jason Thoune posted in no uncertain terms that that behaviour was not permitted by DLT and he was reviewing what actions to take. Few days later someone congratulated the wrong Jason on a new kid and that's when Jason Hamre said it was him that had just had the kid and he had decided to resign.

I don't know what "skimmed" means here. It sounds like DLT takes good care of their people, i.e. no reason to steal. I'm inclined to believe, though I have absolutely no evidence at all, that maybe DLT let's their people pick up new models before being released with the understanding it is for themselves and not to make a quick buck on resale and undermine the image of the company, and perhaps that is where he went afoul? No idea. But it was odd.

ETA: I don't like gossip because it is usually just stupid BS that doesn't matter. I'm sure this type of thing happens all the time at a lot of companies. This instance just stands out for me because I chatted with Hammer literally three weeks ago and he gave a glowing review of DLT as an employer and for taking care of it's employees, and then this happens. He continues to speak well of them. Moment of weakness for a few bucks? Misunderstanding? Odd situation.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Negative Ghostrider.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:17:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#12]
3 hours and 9 feet of cord later. Iphone makes the cords to shiny. Looks better in person.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Justabulletaway:
Titanium Thursday

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/436951/20210128_093735_01-1800318.jpg
View Quote
A fitting background for sure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Carrying the brown 95 titanium for titanium thursday.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#16]

They have a very small team given the volume they do (I have seen less than 30? feel like it be as few as 10-20), so it was either him or Jason Thoune, the owner. Jason Hamre usually answered the phone as Hammer.

Far be it from me to participate in idle gossip, but that is all I have right now...

It sounds like they are a pretty tight knit family of people. It also sounds like Jason Thoune and Paul Edgette treat their people pretty good. Even when they were slamming busy over the holidays Hammer said the employees were able to stick to about 40 hours a week and Jason and Paul sucked up the rest. I just talked to Hammer on the phone earlier this month and he spoke highly of the company and people. He was one of their main CS people I believe, did a lot with their social media.

Then in the last week, I was just catching bits and pieces, someone saw a GEC on ebay coming from Marinette Wisconsins and it was one that had not been released yet I don't think, and asked DLT if they would be selling hard to find models on ebay going forward. It came out that the sale was not from DLT, it was from Hammer, someone used the term "skimmed," and Jason Thoune posted in no uncertain terms that that behaviour was not permitted by DLT and he was reviewing what actions to take. Few days later someone congratulated the wrong Jason on a new kid and that's when Jason Hamre said it was him that had just had the kid and he had decided to resign.

I don't know what "skimmed" means here. It sounds like DLT takes good care of their people, i.e. no reason to steal. I'm inclined to believe, though I have absolutely no evidence at all, that maybe DLT let's their people pick up new models before being released with the understanding it is for themselves and not to make a quick buck on resale and undermine the image of the company, and perhaps that is where he went afoul? No idea. But it was odd.

ETA: I don't like gossip because it is usually just stupid BS that doesn't matter. I'm sure this type of thing happens all the time at a lot of companies. This instance just stands out for me because I chatted with Hammer literally three weeks ago and he gave a glowing review of DLT as an employer and for taking care of it's employees, and then this happens. He continues to speak well of them. Moment of weakness for a few bucks? Misunderstanding? Odd situation.
View Quote

So here's the deal with GEC - dealers usually get 5-25 knives of each drop, and they sell out in literally seconds. Hamre listed one on eBay under his personal account before they were listed on DLT's site. That's all I know for sure.

The rest of WIC's explanation matches what I saw, and I, like him, presume Hamre was allowed to buy the knife, but the reselling it was the problem.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh wow, 5-25, didn't realize the numbers were that low. Is the demand that high and they have to supply some to every dealer, or is the supply that low?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#18]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
3 hours and 9 feet of cord later. Iphone makes the cords to shiny. Looks better in person.
https://i.ibb.co/j6wGNF5/bottomknot.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/XsF8nqV/sideknot.jpg
View All Quotes

sphincter

couldn't help it

that's dedication. I usually get frustrated after 10-15 minutes.

https://i.ibb.co/5sPSbCF/1-28-21carry.jpg

I have that remote.

I need a hemostat like that....yeah...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Thats wild.

Dlt is my all time favorite knife shop
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
Before and after.
https://i.imgur.com/DNDyaZ5.jpg
View Quote

I like the shred. Now you have to figure out all the weird angles to get a good pic of the scales!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Investment Reddit
View Quote

That whole thing is bonkers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Alien:
My Doug Ritter RSK Mk2 arrives tomorrow. I paid way more than I wanted, but it looks like the perfect  6" general purpose do it all knife to me and I haven't seen any for sale in a while (who knows when another in like new condition would be available).

https://i.imgur.com/PhjkvKl.jpg
View Quote

Nice! When I did a small amount of research into it earlier it seems like they are hard as hell to find
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh wow, 5-25, didn't realize the numbers were that low. Is the demand that high and they have to supply some to every dealer, or is the supply that low?
View Quote

They give some to every dealer. I don't know the numbers for this run, I haven't been keeping up on the forums lately, but the last several they made something like 200-400 in each cover material. Spread those out between 30ish dealers.

The owner has said they can make about 100 knives per day, and he does small runs so employees don't get burned out on making the same exact knife for weeks on end.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Slimfoot autos are available again at Arcform.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#25]

They give some to every dealer. I don't know the numbers for this run, I haven't been keeping up on the forums lately, but the last several they made something like 200-400 in each cover material. Spread those out between 30ish dealers.

The owner has said they can make about 100 knives per day, and he does small runs so employees don't get burned out on making the same exact knife for weeks on end.
View Quote

cool. not so bad then. good to be in demand.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Want sooo bad, but a will a standard one be enough, when the others with the inlays are soooo hot
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I wish they were bigger. I'm not an auto guy, but if they were the size of the regular ones or even a bit longer, might have to get one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GingerShanks] [#28]
Nvm
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Nvm
View Quote

The auto is made by protech.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Yeah, as soon as I saw the scales it sunk in. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Investment Reddit

So can anyone tell me (IM if needed), for someone who doesn't have a brokerage account or anything, how would one go about getting some silver in the very near term?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By it20:

Want sooo bad, but a will a standard one be enough, when the others with the inlays are soooo hot
View All Quotes

The blue/stone wash is gorgeous in person. I really want the Damascus in blue.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I wish they were bigger. I'm not an auto guy, but if they were the size of the regular ones or even a bit longer, might have to get one.
View Quote

Yeah, they could stand to be a bit bigger.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#34]
So can anyone tell me (IM if needed), for someone who doesn't have a brokerage account or anything, how would one go about getting some silver in the very near term?
View Quote

EE
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#35]

EE
View All Quotes

EE

Or go to your local fine coin dealer. There you can buy ingots or cool coins.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#36]
It's that time again.  Yeah, they're fat pills but you have to die of something.  3 raspberry, 3 Bavarian cream.  They are noticeably smaller this year but still delicious.  Soon though, they will be relegated to a distant second place as the St. Joseph's zeppolis arrive for the Easter season.

Attachment Attached File

Today is payday and in all probability the last raise I'm going to see for a few years the way the state budget is going.  So to celebrate my new found wealth,  I bought myself a new stabby thing with some accessories.  Be here early next week.  Yea me!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Got another m390 pm2 on the way....what should I do with it? Rgt micarta scales and mxg clip magazine?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Damn dude.

Solid pic. I like the vibrant colors against the dark knife.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Justabulletaway:
Titanium Thursday

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/436951/20210128_093735_01-1800318.jpg
View Quote

Like the blue on the Chef.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#41]

1095 huh. You goin slummin?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#42]

I like the shit out of that
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

Thats wild.

Dlt is my all time favorite knife shop
View Quote

While it is unfortunate it happened at all, I feel like DLT must have handled it correctly. They nipped the bad action in the bud right away to avoid bad press, employee still speaks well of them after leaving. I can only imagine the conversation that must have taken place.

In other news...BHQ is giving up the storefront in Utah and moving headquarters to....Surprise! Marion, Virginia, where Blue Mountain is

Maybe they will get their shit together now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#44]
Nvm
View All Quotes
Nvm

Yeah, as soon as I saw the scales it sunk in. Thanks.

Where you going to bitch about China? Did China touch you in a bad place?

I wish Protech wouldn't use aluminum for the handles. Just feel too light to me.

Wait til you see what I have coming.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Or go to your local fine coin dealer. There you can buy ingots or cool coins.
View Quote

ingot is such a great word
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

What is that style called? Turkshead beehive?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By conndcj:
It's that time again.  Yeah, they're fat pills but you have to die of something.  3 raspberry, 3 Bavarian cream.  They are noticeably smaller this year but still delicious.  Soon though, they will be relegated to a distant second place as the St. Joseph's zeppolis arrive for the Easter season.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/20210128_144926_jpg-1800760.JPG

Today is payday and in all probability the last raise I'm going to see for a few years the way the state budget is going.  So to celebrate my new found wealth,  I bought myself a new stabby thing with some accessories.  Be here early next week.  Yea me!
View Quote

Looks great.

I seem to recall about the time you did this last year we came across some really good paczki locally. For the life of me I can't remember where now.

You should get a raise. And the state should pay you for staying in connedicut.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#48]
https://i.ibb.co/5sPSbCF/1-28-21carry.jpg
View Quote

It's a great looking knife
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That's an interesting strategy. Plus limited runs always keep the market lively
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:
Got another m390 pm2 on the way....what should I do with it? Rgt micarta scales and mxg clip magazine?
View Quote

I may be biased but....yes to RGT, no to mxg, yes to RGT or Lynch clip. Though my preference would be for one more than the other. Because reasons.
Page / 3090
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top