BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3107
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By it20:
All this talk of grilling, I cant wait until the weather gets better.

No free loading

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333476/summer_jpg-1780584.JPG
View Quote

Well equipped
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WICOUNSEL:

brutal
View Quote

In my field "promotion" is more political than merit based. It's not uncommon for that to happen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Just for sake of reference...
What is the definition of "proper cold"?
I've never really been in truly fucking awful cold. The coldest temp I've been in (working) was -10F with a wind chill that was supposed to bring it down to -20.
That was referred to as "booger fuckin cold" and nobody was happy.
I realize that you guys up north get some truly fucking awful cold which I would define as lower than -15F without windchill.
But I'm just a southerner, what would I know about cold.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've never really been in truly fucking awful cold. The coldest temp I've been in (working) was -10F with a wind chill that was supposed to bring it down to -20.
I realize that you guys up north get some truly fucking awful cold which I would define as lower than -15F without windchill.

So the problem isnt the weather, it's your deficient little grill-let.
Got it.

How about you buy a better grill?

Or is that why you were looking at selling knives?
So you could afford a proper grill?

I thought you were on the right track and then you just started sharting out of your mouth again...

Do you read?

No, I don't mean the complaints your captain gives you, filed by the children of little old ladies you pulled over and ticketed as they were walking on the sidewalk minding their own business.

Are you familiar with Wittgenstein saying "if a lion could speak, we could not understand him."

No, I didn't think so.

What he meant was, if a lion could suddenly speak English, it wouldn't matter much, because the world that the lion exists in is so divorced from ours, that his expressions, desires, and intents could still never be communicated. The lion doesn't know what a surgery is, or a dinner party, or a joke for that matter. Likewise, we don't know what sort of world the lion occupies, so words would be useless.

This appears to be the case here.

As a loud mouthed southerner, you cannot fathom the cold. You have no frame of reference so we cannot discuss the matter with any shared context.

You also fail to appreciate that most grills are not insulated. Perhaps a larger grill would be able to burn more gas and overcome some of the temperature issue, but when it is fucking cold and the only thing between the grill burners and the winter air is a thin sheet of metal, it doesn't matter how big your grill is. It will need to work hard to accomplish less. Add to that a strong wind and it is an exercise in futility. There were a few times back in November when I was trying to use it, and it was cold, but not proper cold yet, and the outside temp did not matter because the wind was blowing so hard the burners did not want to stay lit and when they did stay lit, the wind took all the heat away.

Now I know you are a crayon eater who passed all the relevant intelligence testing, so I'm going to chalk this one up to you being a southerner and just having no frame of reference for what cold really is.

I would suggest in the future however, before you open that butthole the good lord wasted making your mouth, that you think twice and then shut up regardless.

I will try to frame it a little for you. I don't even put a coat on until it is below 20 degrees. If it is 10 or below, I'll wear a hat. If it is below 0, I'm getting chilly. If there is wind at any of these temps, they can easily be reduced to an effective temp of 15-20 less than stated.

Is it always that cold? No. But the grill is in the shed across a barren field of snow and I am not lugging it in and out everytime I think it might get warm enough to use it for a few minutes.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I told Jo at CPK I was going to try to unbuff the scales I have before buying some more.

Her response:

Sounds good. I think I have heard sandblasting works.

sonofa...

I think I will try one step up in bristle brush and then just order another set if it doesn't open them up enough. I feel like I am so close.
View Quote

Dremel!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By pagoda:
Bruh, just order a sandblaster already.  right tool for the job and all....
View Quote

dude, buddy, dude...

did you not read the part where I said I sold my sandblaster when I sold my big compressor couple years ago? I'm not spending $500 to sandblast one set of scales. Cost aside, I have nowhere to put it right now.

There is a place I could visit that has a sandblasting booth for rent...I should look at their rates again.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Dremel!
View Quote

I heard you the first time. I don't see that doing anything different than the bristle brushes and if anything, might do a poorer job.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks, I was so excited to see the pics, I jumped right past it.

Looks like there are a couple wak options since kuraki won't sell me his

https://i.imgur.com/MiA03kyl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OVHsBZhl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bj5kleMl.jpg

Or something else fun

https://i.imgur.com/DakzDQdl.jpg

I like their commitment to variety

https://i.imgur.com/XVcunkVl.jpg

Since I can't have the America knife

https://i.imgur.com/rgeXOiBl.jpg

ah, look at that JABA, a new must have for you to make a set!

https://i.imgur.com/mCmu34Il.jpg
View Quote

I really don't even know where that Golden Eye is located at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:30:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaxxII] [#9]

https://i.imgur.com/hPjIcKy.gif

I thought you were on the right track and then you just started sharting out of your mouth again...

Do you read?

No, I don't mean the complaints your captain gives you, filed by the children of little old ladies you pulled over and ticketed as they were walking on the sidewalk minding their own business.

Are you familiar with Wittgenstein saying "if a lion could speak, we could not understand him."

No, I didn't think so.

What he meant was, if a lion could suddenly speak English, it wouldn't matter much, because the world that the lion exists in is so divorced from ours, that his expressions, desires, and intents could still never be communicated. The lion doesn't know what a surgery is, or a dinner party, or a joke for that matter. Likewise, we don't know what sort of world the lion occupies, so words would be useless.

As a loud mouthed southerner, you cannot fathom the cold. You have no frame of reference so we cannot discuss the matter with any shared context.

You also fail to appreciate that most grills are not insulated. Perhaps a larger grill would be able to burn more gas and overcome some of the temperature issue, but when it is fucking cold and the only thing between the grill burners and the winter air is a thin sheet of metal, it doesn't matter how big your grill is. It will need to work hard to accomplish less. Add to that a strong wind and it is an exercise in futility. There were a few times back in November when I was trying to use it, and it was cold, but not proper cold yet, and the outside temp did not matter because the wind was blowing so hard the burners did not want to stay lit and when they did stay lit, the wind took all the heat away.

Now I know you are a crayon eater who passed all the relevant intelligence testing, so I'm going to chalk this one up to you being a southerner and just having no frame of reference for what cold really is.

I would suggest in the future however, before you open that butthole the good lord wasted making your mouth, that you think twice and then shut up regardless.

I will try to frame it a little for you. I don't even put a coat on until it is below 20 degrees. If it is 10 or below, I'll wear a hat. If it is below 0, I'm getting chilly. If there is wind at any of these temps, they can easily be reduced to an effective temp of 15-20 less than stated.

Is it always that cold? No. But the grill is in the shed across a barren field of snow and I am not lugging it in and out everytime I think it might get warm enough to use it for a few minutes.

View All Quotes

Got it.

https://i.imgur.com/hPjIcKy.gif

Do you read?

No, I didn't think so.

1....You have a way with words. Not all lawyers do. Some are quite horrible at words and speaking in general. I've seen it in court and it's awful and embarrassing for everyone in the court room. And as someone who describes themselves as the the worst lawyer I know, you're pretty articulate and adroit with your wit and words.
2...Bonus points for the High Fidelity John Cusack Gif
3...Cold Weather Grilling Tips
    More Grilling tips
    Yet more cold weather grill tips
    Still more grilling tips but from Weber this time.
D...You close this amazing soliloquy with a recap of how much a man you are in the cold, but then state you're too much of a daffodil to go get the grill because of snow.
#figgeritout
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Got it.

View Quote

Kamado is great to stand by when it's cold out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I need a new office chair...thinking...steelcase...
View Quote

The office just bought all of the remote employees Series 1 chairs. It’s light years more comfortable than my last, look impressive feel like dog shit, chair. I can sit all day and work without back pain now so I endorse them. If they hadn’t bought us those, I probably would have bought the Leap model, more adjustable.

..and you don’t know cold.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]

that's not keto
View Quote

How isn't it? No buns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I heard you the first time. I don't see that doing anything different than the bristle brushes and if anything, might do a poorer job.
View Quote

It does more in less time plus lends an air of expertise
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#15]
DLT sent me another email.

This combo has been OOS for awhile. Can’t decide if I should grab it or wait for one in satin. Dammit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Apocalyptic all day every day.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I think we lost malcontent.

Heard a shark bit mygreenkaw so he will be back, but we don’t know when.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
https://i.imgur.com/l9krv4Z.jpg
View Quote

ummmmm
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#20]

It does more in less time plus lends an air of expertise
View Quote

You use knives instead of tire irons when you have a flat on your bike. Why would I take tool advise from you?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]

How isn't it? No buns.
View Quote

Beans no go

Onions ketoish at best.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I have the tanto version of that knife. It lives in the driver's side door pocket of my truck.
Nothing says "fuck around and find out" like a Chaos.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:21:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762SR25] [#23]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
DLT sent me another email.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505129/3B83877B-FD9C-4466-9BB9-4B69E1C52D24-1781062.png
This combo has been OOS for awhile. Can’t decide if I should grab it or wait for one in satin. Dammit.
View Quote

Still mad I never picked up a Cypher.  By the time I found out about them they were still widely available, just not the blade I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 762AR25:

Still mad I never picked up a Cypher.  By the time I found out about they were still widely available, just not the blade I wanted.
View Quote

That has happened to me on countless occasions. I... I’m doing it again aren’t I?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]

You're down south, it doesn't even get proper cold by you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Excuses. I just move the grill up close to the door so I dont have to step outside much.

I'm only an hour south of you, ya fuckin' 'neck.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#28]

They have NO idea. Its been a mild January so far. Usually we are going on 30 days below freezing and or 10 to 15 days below zero. And wind sheesh. Nothing but a barb wire fence to stop the Alberta clippers coming through.
View All Quotes

They have NO idea. Its been a mild January so far. Usually we are going on 30 days below freezing and or 10 to 15 days below zero. And wind sheesh. Nothing but a barb wire fence to stop the Alberta clippers coming through.

I spent way too many winters in northern NY and have lasting effects to prove it. And several years in KS, so I know the wind too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#29]
That looks terrific!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Excuses. I just move the grill up close to the door so I dont have to step outside much.

When I was stationed at Ft. Drum (northern NY), we couldn't do PT inside unless it was -20 without windchill. When you'd breathe in the moisture on your nose hairs would freeze shut. I've even had my eyelashes freeze shut. We were stuck in the field once and our heaters went out and they would not let us get a replacement or send someone out to fix them. I never minded winters or cold weather until I went there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Still mad I never picked up a Cypher.  By the time I found out about them they were still widely available, just not the blade I wanted.
View Quote

They're still around. SMKW has several. This one is sick as fuck.

https://www.smkw.com/microtech-cypher-mk7-limited-ed-blk-red

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Then again, this one is badass. Not $1300 badass, but still sick as tits.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#33]
https://i.imgur.com/2VENQQT.jpg
View Quote
bruh, we might need to trade recipes.  that looks amazing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

Not my style.  That one is ugly which is why it still around after all this time.  I wanted a dagger, no serrations, no coating.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Nice. We had chard tonight too. What are the mushrooms? I made beef tips with beech mushroom gravy and egg noodles but didn't get a pic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:50:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#36]
Originally Posted By Justabulletaway:
Then again, this one is badass. Not $1300 badass, but still sick as tits.

https://d108yk2sqygjyw.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/3d9b704a7af1675d913eee6b43a9ad28/m/t/mt396mck_combined.jpg
View Quote

I had a sigil

Looks were superior to the ergos. Just didn't fit my hand quite right.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

bruh, why we talking like a dude lately?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#38]

shift_six had the best one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#39]

When I was stationed at Ft. Drum (northern NY), we couldn't do PT inside unless it was -20 without windchill. When you'd breathe in the moisture on your nose hairs would freeze shut. I've even had my eyelashes freeze shut. We were stuck in the field once and our heaters went out and they would not let us get a replacement or send someone out to fix them. I never minded winters or cold weather until I went there.
View Quote

MTFU
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

See that's not keto
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I think we lost malcontent.

Heard a shark bit mygreenkaw so he will be back, but we don’t know when.
View Quote

Lost lost or lost interest?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#42]

I spent way too many winters in northern NY and have lasting effects to prove it. And several years in KS, so I know the wind too.
View Quote

You don't know.

Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin are consistently ranked as having the worst winters in the US. You don't know cold wind until you have been in those states and felt the harsh winds of the Canadian plains sweep over you. They dump everything on those states and are pretty tame by the time they get down to Illnoise, Iowa, Kansas etc.

Is Kansas  still a state? Or were we giving their star to Puerto Rico?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Beans no go

Onions ketoish at best.
View Quote

Beans are gluten free
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

nope
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#45]

ooohhh, I haven't seen the hand selected single barrel bulleit before
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#46]

View Quote

The s/e blade Cypher was sexy AF.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#47]

I'm only an hour south of you, ya fuckin' 'neck.
View Quote

And I am by the lake. I already admitted it doesn't get as bad here as just a little west and north.

And you do have it easy even an hour to the south because we already took the brunt of the fronts as they come through.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#48]

A Kizer Elvia?

Single barrel bulleit..... Damn dude.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#49]

May I ask who the maker of the third knife is?  Thanks.
@JeredGrey
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Chicken is cut in half and seared on all sides then moved to a new pan and finished in the oven.

Potatoes are Yukon golds boiled and then riced. Heavy cream, salt pepper and butter are added.

Pan gravy is the chicken's pan is used to brown maitake, shallot and garlic then deglazed with white wine. The collagen rich stock from previous posts is added with butter, Italian parsley and thyme.

Chard is stemmed then the stems are sautéed for a bit with a little stock, salt and pepper and onion the leaves are added and cooked until tender.
Page / 3107
Top Top