User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:12:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Pistol caliber AR's are gay for the simple reason they're less effective than rifle caliber AR's are in the same package.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you want an AR, get it in a rifle caliber. If you want a sub-gun. Buy an HK MP5 or SP5.
View Quote

HK's are ghey.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
lol this aint the 90s.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine is the bastard oly arms, i southern engineered some sten mags welding a back on them so I don’t have to use the block, it’s ok but I love my UMP
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link to a HK SP5 at msrp please.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a 9mm Colt, I had to sell it during some hard times. I sure do wish I knew where it was. Maybe one of these days it’ll find it’s way home.
View Quote

I had one, and traded it to my brother in law for a boat.   Looking back, I still don't know why I didn't that.

I had a M635 issued to me for fifteen years.    I could have never owned it now that I have to pay for my own ammo.  Full auto is fun when someone's giving you the rounds.  It was nothing to go through 500 rounds in it every time I took it out to the range or to the country to shoot.  (And, I shot it a lot).

My wife and I shot  a tree down with it one day, just to see if we could do it.  It was about seven or eight inches in diameter, and I bet we shot 2000 rounds doing it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
10mm is best mm
View Quote

came to post exactly this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Tfw no FA 10mm MP5
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pistol caliber AR's are gay for the simple reason they're less effective than rifle caliber AR's are in the same package.
View Quote

These kind of statements always give me a chuckle. I’ve been USING fud guns to hunt with since is was probably 8 or 9 years old as have probably 70% of the folks reading this thread. Wager a guess as to how many of these same users (non military) have ever used an AR for its purpose. I can guarantee you that if someone kicked in my door and I grabbed my scorpion or MP5 he wouldn’t be thinking “damn, I’m glad he didn’t have an AR”. All of this is just larping. Fun larping but it is what it is. For the sake of argument, the military has been bitching about the 5.56 round for years because of its lack of effectiveness against people. A 9mm AR will make a mess of an intruder just as good as anything else. When you consider how much better 9mm suppresses compared to 5.56, your family won’t have permanent hearing loss from this invader if you choose 9.

As I said earlier in the thread, the AR package really isn’t my cup of tea these days because of the idiotic buffer tube and terrible gas system that spews gas and oil in your face when shooting suppressed. Why we’ve latched on to this platform when there are so many better options out there is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

HK's are ghey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want an AR, get it in a rifle caliber. If you want a sub-gun. Buy an HK MP5 or SP5.

HK's are ghey.
What's gay is someone owning a clone, yet talking about it as if they own a genuine HK MP5.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#14]
If you can't afford an MP5, then yes. Still way cooler than nothing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
9MM, yeah, actually OP is kinda right.

Now, .45 or 10MM?

View Quote

There are reasons to have a 9mm AR. Can’t think of any for .45 or 10mm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yep, 9mm AR’s are gay

10mm AR or GTFO
View Quote

If you already have something in a carbine form factor just use something that actually shoots rifle ammunition if you want to do work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Because 9mm AR’s/MP5’s/B&T’s suppressed shooting it out on a dueling tree with your buddies is stupid fun.  

I guess if you don’t have a 9mm AR, et al you can’t come have fun.   So that’s pretty gay.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
10mm best mm
View Quote

11mm, scrub.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, .45 or 10MM?

Current Iowa law allows me to hunt deer with 10mm, whether in an AR or not.

Not the case with 9MM.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

These kind of statements always give me a chuckle. I’ve been USING fud guns to hunt with since is was probably 8 or 9 years old as have probably 70% of the folks reading this thread. Wager a guess as to how many of these same users (non military) have ever used an AR for its purpose. I can guarantee you that if someone kicked in my door and I grabbed my scorpion or MP5 he wouldn’t be thinking “damn, I’m glad he didn’t have an AR”. All of this is just larping. Fun larping but it is what it is. For the sake of argument, the military has been bitching about the 5.56 round for years because of its lack of effectiveness against people. A 9mm AR will make a mess of an intruder just as good as anything else. When you consider how much better 9mm suppresses compared to 5.56, your family won’t have permanent hearing loss from this invader if you choose 9.

As I said earlier in the thread, the AR package really isn’t my cup of tea these days because of the idiotic buffer tube and terrible gas system that spews gas and oil in your face when shooting suppressed. Why we’ve latched on to this platform when there are so many better options out there is beyond me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your home invaders are more likely to be wearing level 3a body armor instead of level 4.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's gay is someone owning a clone, yet talking about it as if they own a genuine HK MP5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HK's are ghey.

Fact.
I see people at the range with zeniths and they talk like it’s a real HK
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did you know a blowback 9mm AR actually has more felt recoil than a .223 AR?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. 9mm is an effective self-defense round at short range and indoors with short barrels. It is an EXCELLENT round for training recoil-sensitive shooters (kids and many women). It is historically cheaper to shoot than 5.56mm.
Did you know a blowback 9mm AR actually has more felt recoil than a .223 AR?

But they tend to have less muzzle blast, which in my experience is what affects new shooters the most.

That's also why suppressors are great for teaching new shooters.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you already have something in a carbine form factor just use something that actually shoots rifle ammunition if you want to do work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, 9mm AR’s are gay

10mm AR or GTFO

Not everything is about "doing work".  Guns are a fun hobby and having a variety of them just to shoot is fun.

ETA: I guarantee my new AR9 will be going to the range much more frequently than any of my 5.56 SBR's.  They have the same controls and shooting 9mm at 25-50yds is much more fun with 9mm as reloading 9mm is much less work than 223 is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Your home invaders are more likely to be wearing level 3a body armor instead of level 4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And headshots with PCCs are practically a gimme at the ranges you'd be dealing with in a home invasion.

It's okay to be wrong, OP. There's no reason for you to keep digging (except for our entertainment, that is...).
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Less effective at what?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Less effective at what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Less effective at what?

Penetration, velocity, ballistics, accuracy, stoppin powa, range and damage.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Penetration, velocity, ballistics, accuracy, stoppin powa and damage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Less effective at what?

Penetration, velocity, ballistics, accuracy, stoppin powa and damage.

No one is comparing a 9mm AR to a 5.56 AR in those categories so they are moot points.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not everything is about "doing work".  Guns are a fun hobby and having a variety of them just to shoot is fun.

ETA: I guarantee my new AR9 will be going to the range much more frequently than any of my 5.56 SBR's.  They have the same controls and shooting 9mm at 25-50yds is much more fun with 9mm as reloading 9mm is much less work than 223 is.
View Quote

I wouldn’t argue that.

Last year I burned about 35k rounds through a 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

These kind of statements always give me a chuckle. I've been USING fud guns to hunt with since is was probably 8 or 9 years old as have probably 70% of the folks reading this thread. Wager a guess as to how many of these same users (non military) have ever used an AR for its purpose. I can guarantee you that if someone kicked in my door and I grabbed my scorpion or MP5 he wouldn't be thinking "damn, I'm glad he didn't have an AR". All of this is just larping. Fun larping but it is what it is. For the sake of argument, the military has been bitching about the 5.56 round for years because of its lack of effectiveness against people. A 9mm AR will make a mess of an intruder just as good as anything else. When you consider how much better 9mm suppresses compared to 5.56, your family won't have permanent hearing loss from this invader if you choose 9.

As I said earlier in the thread, the AR package really isn't my cup of tea these days because of the idiotic buffer tube and terrible gas system that spews gas and oil in your face when shooting suppressed. Why we've latched on to this platform when there are so many better options out there is beyond me.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not larping so I need a rifle to do rifle things.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Cause you can shoot steel at 7yrds and not get dead or destroy the steel
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I want a 45 AR suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These kind of statements always give me a chuckle. I've been USING fud guns to hunt with since is was probably 8 or 9 years old as have probably 70% of the folks reading this thread. Wager a guess as to how many of these same users (non military) have ever used an AR for its purpose. I can guarantee you that if someone kicked in my door and I grabbed my scorpion or MP5 he wouldn't be thinking "damn, I'm glad he didn't have an AR". All of this is just larping. Fun larping but it is what it is. For the sake of argument, the military has been bitching about the 5.56 round for years because of its lack of effectiveness against people. A 9mm AR will make a mess of an intruder just as good as anything else. When you consider how much better 9mm suppresses compared to 5.56, your family won't have permanent hearing loss from this invader if you choose 9.

As I said earlier in the thread, the AR package really isn't my cup of tea these days because of the idiotic buffer tube and terrible gas system that spews gas and oil in your face when shooting suppressed. Why we've latched on to this platform when there are so many better options out there is beyond me.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#35]
It all depends where you are and what the threat is likely to be. I feel more comfortable with a PCC or SBR inside and right around the house than with rifle caliber. I feel very confident I can put several rounds into a target in very short order. If I'm out in the woods away from the house, I take a rifle because of 4 legged predators. A rifle in your own house is not necessarily a great strategy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you're not a poor, get both.  MP5 and 9mm AR.

I have both.
View Quote

Laughs in SDA3.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I take my 9mm AR to the range now more than anything else right now.
Colt 635 upper, DDLES lower.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Fun as shit to shoot
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think many people with AR9s have too light of buffer in them.

My firends AR9 had much more recoil than mine, until he replaced his buffer with a much heavier one, like I had.  

Love my AR9.
https://i.imgur.com/UMTY00T.jpg
View Quote

That paint job tho. Love it
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
5.56 is a rifle cartridge, why sacrifice that for a pistol cartridge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
5.56 is a rifle cartridge, why sacrifice that for a pistol cartridge?

Quoted:
Semi-auto "subguns" are gay no matter what logo is on it. Congrats, you have a very heavy pistol. The gun companies ran out of shit to sell, so they foisted "personal caliber carbines" on the market with a bunch of horse shit about mag compatibility.

USPSA PCC
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
7.5 inch 300blk or 9mm pcc for hd?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, .45 or 10MM?

I think .45 makes the most sense out of the pistol caliber AR's. Ammo used to be affordable, bulk 230 FMJ's are subsonic whereas bulk 115 grain 9mm might not be out of an 8" barrel, you can use .45 HSTs for HD, and supposedly the CMMGs can shoot .45 Super and SMC. Todd Huey had a video on it.

My Glocks are 9mm and I'm so-so on the 9mm CMMG but if I had .45 Glocks I would likely get one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
7.5 inch 300blk or 9mm pcc for hd?
View Quote

.300blk easily......assuming you can find and afford the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HK's are ghey.

Fact.

I agree that calling a zenith an HK is stupid the brand is what it is but some of these clones are licensed by HK and built on HK tooling therefore a true MP5 or whatever model they happen to be. An MP5 but not an HK. Clones like the PTR and Dakota while nice guns are just copies and not licensed in anyway by HK which is why you sometimes have compatibility issues with HK parts.

Another example similar to this would be Walther licensing the manufacture of the PPK line to other companies. I’ve got an interarms marked PPK/S from the 80s. Some think that the interarms markings indicate that they were imported by them. These were actually made by ranger firearms in Alabama.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I like mine.  A lot.  Old pic.  Now has a 3X scope on the carry handle and GP web sling tied and taped up around the front sight base and top of the carbine stock.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top