Link Posted: 12/26/2019 2:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is seeking attention.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Best Saturday morning cartoons, and fucking big wheels...GTFO!!

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was born in 1961, the 80's were the greatest decade of all time, if I could find some Chernobly I'm jumping in a hot tub and heading back to do it all over again!

View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was 6-16 in the 80s and I'm with you on this.   I have far more fond memories of the 80s than the 90s.   I had a blast in the 90s BUT....the 80s really gets me nostalgic.  It was the best decade.

My wife and I just started watching "The Goldbergs" reruns and it's a trip.
View Quote
I was 4-14 in the 80s, and I consider myself an "80's child".  I don't click too much with the 90's.  Maybe it's because I graduated HS in 1994 (and thus left the "all care free" portion of life).  I'm constantly surprised how early in the '80s thing are nostalgic for me.  Duran Duran, remember watching my uncle watch 'Heavy Metal' on cable at our house, the Dukes of Hazzard (which was over by '85), etc.  It seems all my nostalgic childhood memories were rooted in the earlier period.

I remember being a massive Pearl Jam fan in the 90's, liked Alice in Chains, etc...but that period doesn't 'stick' with me as strongly now.  All the things that REALLY pull on the nostalgia heartstrings are from the 80's.  I distinctly remember turning in an assignment after Christmas break 1989...I remember how "weird" it was to put "1990" in the date at the top of the paper...

My wife was born in 1982, and she's quite different.  Her childhood memories are Saved by the Bell, and all the 90's stuff that I was mostly disengaged with at the time.  For only a 6 year difference, the "pop culture" things that stick with us are VERY different.

BTW...it's doesn't get any better than Cheap Trick's "The Flame" during a Jr High dance...I still go back with those songs.  Dr Feelgood era Motley Crue, Poison, Hysteria timeframe Def Leppard, Cheap Trick, Top Gun soundtrack, Footloose, these are the songs of my people.

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Olivia Newton John - Twist of fate
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top