Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2018 1:43:16 PM EDT
I seem to recall that Boeing was planning a 1Q 19 first flight for the 777X but Google searches only turn up Boeing saying that FF will be "in 2019."

Does anyone have a better view of when FF will occur?

Also helpful would be information regarding any significant problems. I had heard rumors of wingbox problems but could not find any specific information and if they have joined the fuselage sections, that would not seem to be a problem, at least not any longer.

I ask because the program I am working on has been slipping 'day for day' for the last two months with a couple of week at a time slips thrown in.

Then, last week, we hit what appears to be a problem that will result in as much as a 4 month slip.

If FF is scheduled for 1Q 19, we just became a gating item. Not my favorite place to be. I have been on programs before when the "Boeing bus" arrives. It sucks.

If they just joined the fuselage sections for the first flight test AC on Tuesday, it will be a while before they fly it. How long until they do is my question. 1Q 2019 seems no longer to be a target.

Handy link to Boeing announcement
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I found the article that was saying 1Q, actually February, 2019 for FF.

"When airlines put in their first orders in 2013, most wanted to take delivery as soon as possible. But that's no longer the case.

With airlines happy to wait for the 777X, Boeing is slowing things down, too.

Boeing still plans to make its first delivery in 2020, but it recently pushed back the jet's maiden flight to around February 2019, four months later than initially planned."

Handy link to article.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I got some additional information last week.

My source tells me that Boeing has been and continues to have problems with the wing. Makes sense as that is the most innovative part of the plane. The rumor I heard before that they were having problems with the wing box, fits.

The new info is that although they have assembled the fuselage, they have not attached the wings to FT1.

Boeing is telling us that first flight is planned for the end of March.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The rumor I heard was that Boeing wanted an American launch customer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The rumor I heard was that Boeing wanted an American launch customer.
View Quote
You are saying you heard that Boeing is delaying first flight of the 777X to give them time to find an American launch customer?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are saying you heard that Boeing is delaying first flight of the 777X to give them time to find an American launch customer?
View Quote
I'm just saying that Momma B wanted an American launch customer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top