Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 2:42:47 AM EDT
76 Non-Military, Non-Law Enforcement Federal Agencies Stockpile Weaponry

Last week, President Joseph Biden expressed his interest in gun control by directing the Department of Justice to take several steps to prevent more mass shootings, while his own federal agencies continue to stockpile guns and ammunition.

Critics contend he is far too interested in limiting gun access to regular Americans while federal administrative and regulatory agencies continued stockpiling hundreds of thousands of guns.

Our auditors at OpenTheBooks.com published details about non-military use of weapons in our report earlier this year “Militarization of the U.S. Executive Agencies,” looking at the last two years of President Barack Obama’s administration and the first three years of President Donald Trump’s administration.

We showed that almost $1 billion was spent on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment in the 103 federal agencies outside of the Department of Defense between 2015 and 2019, the latest year available.

Of that spending, $110.6 million was divvied up among 76 non-law enforcement, administrative agencies and spent on guns, ammunition and military-style equipment between fiscal years 2015 and 2019.

For example, the Internal Revenue Service, Environmental Protection Agency, Social Security Administration, and many others were found to have spent taxpayer money on weapons.

Furthermore, there are more than 200,000 non-DOD federal employees with firearms, greater than the 186,000 U.S. Marines, we found.

Biden opened the door to private-use gun control. It seems hypocritical when compared to the federal non-military, non-law enforcement agencies – that are amassing large quantities of weaponry and ammunition.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing new. It actually started under Clinton.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Leftists love guns.  How do you think they killed 100M people in a century?

The only problem they have with guns is when we have guns too.  Like money, speech, access, etc they want a monopoly.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
What is even more shocking is how many of those agencies that have never made an arrest.  A whole bunch of them are the security guards (think night watchman) who were given federal LEO status under the Patriot Act.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
76 Non-Military, Non-Law Enforcement Federal Agencies Stockpile Weaponry

Last week, President Joseph Biden expressed his interest in gun control by directing the Department of Justice to take several steps to prevent more mass shootings, while his own federal agencies continue to stockpile guns and ammunition.

Critics contend he is far too interested in limiting gun access to regular Americans while federal administrative and regulatory agencies continued stockpiling hundreds of thousands of guns.

Our auditors at OpenTheBooks.com published details about non-military use of weapons in our report earlier this year “Militarization of the U.S. Executive Agencies,” looking at the last two years of President Barack Obama’s administration and the first three years of President Donald Trump’s administration.

We showed that almost $1 billion was spent on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment in the 103 federal agencies outside of the Department of Defense between 2015 and 2019, the latest year available.

Of that spending, $110.6 million was divvied up among 76 non-law enforcement, administrative agencies and spent on guns, ammunition and military-style equipment between fiscal years 2015 and 2019.

For example, the Internal Revenue Service, Environmental Protection Agency, Social Security Administration, and many others were found to have spent taxpayer money on weapons.

Furthermore, there are more than 200,000 non-DOD federal employees with firearms, greater than the 186,000 U.S. Marines, we found.

Biden opened the door to private-use gun control. It seems hypocritical when compared to the federal non-military, non-law enforcement agencies – that are amassing large quantities of weaponry and ammunition.
View Quote

Their hypocrisy is the least of our worries .
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
76? How many federal agencies do we need?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those "non law enforcement" agencies all have armed federal Leo's. It's not like there are shotguns stacked in the coffee room at the social security office.

Does social security or irs need their own armed criminal investigators? Shrug

There was an article here about some drunk leo getting in trouble in Albany. He was an armed cop working for some state agency that regulates something about Doctors and prescriptions. I'd never heard of the agency and certainly didn't know they had armed investigators
View Quote

I guess it's more effective than saying "Stop!  Or I'll say stop again."

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:18:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's not like there are shotguns stacked in the coffee room at the social security office.
View Quote

Who knows, might help deter some SS disability fraud
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Does the IRS have a SWAT team?The IRS has a SWAT team? Sadly yes. Rep. Jeff Duncan wants to know why IRS law enforcement agents are training with AR-15 rifles.Jun 13, 2013

This goes a fair ways back and gets discussed now and then.

Wanna have some fun, see who the irs or some other group has trained on firearms and what they do for annual certification and what their actual use is.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
76? How many federal agencies do we need?
View Quote

no one needs that many federal agencies.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to be on the Social Security SWAT team!

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#12]
When a gun is referred to as “military style” GD freaks out.  It’s okay if that term is used to describe LE weapons though. The article paints those guns in a bad light which also paints the same guns in the hands of citizens equally false.

Nearly all agencies have an OIG and some investigative component to investigate fraud.  This preceded the Clintons and has been around for decades.  Nothing new here.  Just another collateral attack against firearms in general.  

Remember, the USCG is a non-DOD agency (they are under DHS).  Their weapons and ammo requirements alone are huge.  

The article is very disingenuous.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How do you think they killed 100M people in a century?
View Quote

Starvation.

Ammunition is too expensive.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Remember, the USCG is a non-DOD agency (they are under DHS).  Their weapons and ammo requirements alone are huge.  

The article is very disingenuous.
View Quote
Not to mention the 40,000 or so uniformed officers/agents in CBP.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Can't really have an effective Stasi in our country without the ability to shoot you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#16]
My favorite is the US Dept of Education and their swat team.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There was an article here about some drunk leo getting in trouble in Albany. He was an armed cop working for some state agency that regulates something about Doctors and prescriptions. I'd never heard of the agency and certainly didn't know they had armed investigators
View Quote

It was in NYC.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/drunken-narcotics-agent-shoots-pals-upper-west-side
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, those dogs are going to shoot themselves!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
For a group of people that hate misleading articles from the media, you sure do like them when they fit your view.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#20]
It’s all true.

Remember the “Reading Rainbow?”  It’s a Federal Agency that buys books for poor kids who want to grow up to be as smart as white kids.

My brother-in-law is a sniper on one of their direct-action Special Response Teams.  He just got back from a school where he learned to engage patriot targets from a helicopter at night using a thermal sight.

He says they haven’t bought a kid’s book since the Patriot Act.  All the money goes to tactical teams and hiring soulless big city lawyers.

You should see him in his tactical gear with the velcro Reading Rainbow patch on the PC.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Here are some non DOD agencies that might need guns:
FBI
DEA
Secret Service
Dept of Treasury
Dept of Interior
Border Patrol
ICE
ATF (boo , I know)
DOE (they guard nuke facilities)

I have more of a problem with civilian gun control, then some armed alphabet boys.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My favorite is the US Dept of Education and their swat team.
View Quote

You can't just stop there.  Why is it your favorite?  Do they work out of a particular field office, or HQ?  How many people are on it?  Who do they report to on the agency org chart?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It’s all true.

Remember the “Reading Rainbow?”  It’s a Federal Agency that buys books for poor kids who want to grow up to be as smart as white kids.

My brother-in-law is a sniper on one of their direct-action Special Response Teams.  He just got back from a school where he learned to engage patriot targets from a helicopter at night using a thermal sight.

He says they haven’t bought a kid’s book since the Patriot Act.  All the money goes to tactical teams and hiring soulless big city lawyers.

You should see him in his tactical gear with the velcro Reading Rainbow patch on the PC.
View Quote

ROFL
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Starvation.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you think they killed 100M people in a century?

Starvation.

Starvation...at gunpoint
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#25]
So who is watching over these guns of the different agencies?  The ATF?

Nope.  

I don't think the FBI do any background checks on an IRS guy who checks out an M4 for a raid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Smells like bootlickers in here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#27]
It's not just federal agencies.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I guess it's more effective than saying "Stop!  Or I'll say stop again."

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/IRS-CI_SA_Making_Arrest.jpg
View Quote

Is that Al Sharpton?!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah and I started stockpiling in 1993
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#30]
It’s how leftists arm themselves- they make us pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#31]
So you're saying that re-supply points are everywhere?  

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Good places to go shopping if things ever get completely out of hand? If history is any indication, short term prospects for people who are part of the biggest gangs are pretty dim when the dam breaks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's not like there are shotguns stacked in the coffee room at the social security office.
View Quote

There literally were shotguns stuffed in a corner in an IRS office in Massachusetts in the late 90s. I couldn't stop laughing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Obama forced state/local LE to turn-in all M79 grenade launchers and tracked armored vehicles by changing the LESO (1033) rules via EO.

My whole state had 2 launchers (at 2 different local LE agencies) and no tracked armored vehicles.
I checked.

Trump actually reversed those rules to the pre-Obama days (also via EO) but I assume many agencies are wary now, since they had to pay for those launchers ($100 in our state) and armored vehicles (around $12k for an M1248 MRAP, but cannot advise regarding M113 since there weren't any here) and they were out that money when they had to be forcibly surrendered.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Those "non law enforcement" agencies all have armed federal Leo's. It's not like there are shotguns stacked in the coffee room at the social security office.

Does social security or irs need their own armed criminal investigators? Shrug

View Quote

This.  The article is nothing but pure BS to rabble rouse the uneducated and of course, GD falls for it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Good to know where to look for ammo when the .Gov has collapsed and it is a free for all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So who is watching over these guns of the different agencies?  The ATF?

Nope.  

I don't think the FBI do any background checks on an IRS guy who checks out an M4 for a raid.
View Quote

Every so often a Fed Agency gets a massive audit. The amount of money, cars, cellphones, computers, other stuff, and GUNS/AMMO that can not be accounted for is astounding. The guns and ammo never actually surprised me. You can disappear guns in a breifcase.....well you know not the really big big guns, but AR and such can be broke down and slipped out of a building with relative ease for a long timer with a known face.

But the fact that automobiles went poof and were never accounted for is a WTH moment. Unless someone has a brother running a chop shop or garage using slightly used parts that seemed like a little harder to hide for your run of the mill government drone. But SON OF BEE they do it in every agency.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#39]
When SHTF, I call them "caches"
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Armed EPA.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I would feel remiss if I ran the Department of Education and we didn't have teachers ripping about in armored vehicles and practicing lobbing grenades out of their M79s.

Goddamn it MRS PETTINGILL.  SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE.  Harden THE FUCK UP. You aren't teaching the FIRST GRADE anymore.  You are now engaging the THIRD GRADE.  Those animals can smell fear and will not hesitate FOR ONE SECOND to make you their BITCH.

Now put that grenade on fucking target!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So you're saying that re-supply points are everywhere?  

View Quote
We think the same at times.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#43]
A billion bucks? OOO WEE! That's a lot of weapons. I bet there aint not one single ARFman has that in his Boog Ahlue. The problem with any weapon is that it can be taken from you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I remember when Bathhouse Barry had numerous federal agencies stockpiling:

goones
ammo
emergency food

Think they know something?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I kinda learned about this in the book Unintended Consequences.
Not a great book, but at the time I actually learned a lot from it.  Like about the Bonus Army and such.

This isn't new.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It’s all true.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You won’t be smirking when a bunch of Federal goons are kicking down your door for childhood literacy violations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top