Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2022 4:11:20 PM EDT
I was browsing some listings recently, and came across this and assumed its a typo? Ho le fuk.

Are these really going for 50k now?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup!

Was going to buy another Polaris Ranger for the ranch to replace the worn out one and you are in it for $21K for a completely bare bones model. $30k+ if you want a top, half doors, windshield, and a winch.

CFMoto recently came out with a crew model that looks comparable to a Ranger.

It comes with a winch and top for $18K out the door. For as much as I will use it, that’s the route I am probably going to go.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm (impatiently) waiting for the new RZR Pro R Ultimate...it's $47,501.72 OTD. Take my MONEY!!! LOL

Yeah, I'm probably stupid, but even the wifey is on board with how bad to the bone the Pro R is, it's CRAZY!! 225 HP NA motor...plus all of the wiz bang...

I've got a 2016 RZR XP4 Turbo and I LOVE it...it's quite the machine, for a limo...ready to get in a stupid fast 2 seater!
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm amazed at the money I see in RZRs in southern Utah. At least you can drive them on surface roads. It's fun seeing them braaping around town.
View Quote

I’m sure a lot of them are just credit card rich but it blows my mind too. We have a couple spots here that draw the off-road types and it’s amazing watching stuff roll up.

80k-100k Truck
60k-250k Trailer
25k-50k SxS maybe two of them.

I’ll just keep being poor.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s what I paid for my used 2020 Power Wagon with 9000 miles in February of 2021.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought on a 90 month loan, no money down, negative equity until the last payment is made.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
They also depreciate very fast.  

I have a lot less in my little side by side.  Bet I have just as much fun, maybe more, in my little ride.  And, I have no payments.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They also depreciate very fast.  

I have a lot less in my little side by side.  Bet I have just as much fun, maybe more, in my little ride.  And, I have no payments.
View Quote

Not lately. I bought a ‘21 Turbo S for 22K last year and I could easily sell it for 25K tomorrow.

I just picked up my ‘22 X3 XRS Turbo RR for 31K. Similar to the one in the OP but a 2 seater. It looks like they put a bunch of aftermarket shit on that one in the OP and that’s why they’re asking so much. Maybe.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Find a decent unmodified Suzuki Samurai. Throw some mud grips on it.

Smile as you drive it down the highway getting 25mpg.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That’s what I paid for my used 2020 Power Wagon with 9000 miles in February of 2021.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/B104C964-A998-454B-BE3D-96CE84B8B69F_jpe-2485483.JPG
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Neither of which is really comparable to a SxS
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was browsing some listings recently, and came across this and assumed its a typo? Ho le fuk.

Are these really going for 50k now?
View Quote

That model?  No, it's about $35k, with $5k being the "smart shox" upgrade.

But dealers sell SxS so they can sell accessories, and they take you to the frickin' CLEANERS with the accessories.  Just the accessories I can see on that would probably be $10k at a dealer.

You're also talking about some fairly top-of-the-line tech, the electronic, adjust-themselves-a-million-times-per-second shock absorbers, etc., don't come cheap.  Hell, even the regular, non-smart-shocks on these models cost about $6,000.  

The "BUy YERseLf A sAmURai" crowd doesn't understand what 22" of travel with high-quality shocks can do.   This thing can probably blow through woops and berms faster than the Samurai can even go down the highway.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The "BUy YERseLf A sAmURai" crowd doesn't understand what 22" of travel with high-quality shocks can do.   This thing can probably blow through woops and berms faster than the Samurai can even go down the highway.
View Quote

lol. I’ve had that conversation at least 100 times.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was one of those guys but I usually used a Jeep as the example because they are much more common with a huge aftermarket. Once you realize how different they are you realize it's just not a good comparison.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow….from all the reply’s….it’s legit….Guess I’ll just remain poor over here….that’s more than I paid for my 2020 F250
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was one of those guys but I usually used a Jeep as the example because they are much more common with a huge aftermarket. Once you realize how different they are you realize it's just not a good comparison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't even have one of those monsters, because I don't do dunes or jumps, mine only has a measly 12" of travel.   Still, the speed at which you can take bumps, woops, dips, and ruts and have it not be a big thing, just a little, slow up-down in the seat is pretty impressive.  Instead of "Oh, there's a rut, I should slow down", it's "Oh, there's a rut, I'm doing 35... no big."

Quoted:
Wow….from all the reply’s….it’s legit….Guess I’ll just remain poor over here….that’s more than I paid for my 2020 F250

Well... IDK if I'd call it legit.  That thing looks like it was decked out by the dealership just to pad the numbers as high as they could get it, just to see if they could lure someone in.  People who build their SxS they way they want them would NOT make some of the decisions that this dealership did.

Plus it's not fair to price a used vehicle that's probably base to medium-end against a high-end, brand-new vehicle that's also had a metric ton of accessories thrown on it.  My SxS (which is VERY capable) was less than half the price of the one you showed...
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad I got my 2017 Ranger 1000.  Could not afford it today.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, that's not unrealistic. I was looking at a Polaris ranger for the property a year or so ago. It was going to set me back about 25 grand. I ended up getting a used Corvette instead.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Sure love my new dualsport KLR. New out the door at 6.5k, LMAO.

20-50k for a side by side are you guys fricken stupid?? I like to have fun also but C'mon man those prices are insane. Now I understand the 80k for a truck LOL.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Go to the Can-Am website and build one. You can hit $40K without trying on the 1000cc turbo models, start adding accessories and the price just goes up from there.

Crazy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

lol. I've had that conversation at least 100 times.
View Quote
Lol, been there. I just roll my eyes and nod knowing I'm talking to an ignorant person.

It's not a cheap hobby that's for sure. The one in the OP is on the extreme high end but 20-25k is essentially the bottom for a "sport" machine. I have a 21' RZR Trail S Premium with basic upgrades and I probably have $20k into it. That same machine has gone up over $4k since then, almost $21k off the floor now.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Well you can throw 20k at a four wheeler pretty easy right now. And the two seat pro r starts at 39995. My buddy just bought a none turbo rzr two door and I think he's like 20k into that. The turbo ones are like $3500 more I think.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Plus it's not fair to price a used vehicle that's probably base to medium-end against a high-end, brand-new vehicle that's also had a metric ton of accessories thrown on it.  My SxS (which is VERY capable) was less than half the price of the one you showed...
View Quote

I bought the 2020 f250 new in may of 2020. XLT trim with a lot of options…heated seats..sliding rear window…center console…fx4..etc it was 47,225

Im still baffled at the cost of sxs, even at 20k..seems like a lot to me. I would love to have one, bet they are fucking awesome.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I bought the 2020 f250 new in may of 2020. XLT trim with a lot of options…heated seats..sliding rear window…center console…fx4..etc it was 47,225

Im still baffled at the cost of sxs, even at 20k..seems like a lot to me. I would love to have one, bet they are fucking awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really depends on what you want it to do. SxS's have a huge range just like trucks. You could have spent close to 100k on your F250 or maybe a better comparison would be your f250 vs a Raptor. I don't really follow the SxS market but the base level utility models could be had for half of what the high performance models were. I just looked at the Honda lineup and it goes from 9k to 27k.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Just wait for the Holidays.

People will be selling on Facebook & Craigslist for needed help/income.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#25]
As much as I knock it, if you go see them in person you see why. Its basically a fully built rally car or sand rail at this point. They have come a LONG way from my $8K Rhino 700 back in 2009.

I think the question is less of how is that possible and more of how are there this many people with that kind of money. I mean we do VERY well and I am into 4 wheeling etc. Unless this was my ONLY hobby and I did it multiple times a month, I couldnt imagine spending that on one.

Crazy

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#26]
When I bought my SxS in 2016, I went for utility instead of all the bells and whistles. While I haven't looked at any new SXS's lately, I can say under normal circumstances the best time to buy is Dec through March/April and buy a previous year model. That is what I did. I bought a 2015 Honda Pioneer 500 In March of 2016, it was the last 2015 model the dealer had. They made me a real good deal just to get the year old model out of the show room. I paid $6000 for the 2015 while a new 2016 was almost $7500 at that time.

And yes people get crazy on what they pay for a SxS. I use mine more for working around the yard and just cruising the gravel roads so I don't need anything super fast. The Pioneer 500 is fast enough for me at 40MPH. Plus it is a real work horse when you leave it in 1st or 2nd gear.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Its due to all the accessories that dealer added to it.

That light bar alone is 15-1800.

Stock XRS max is around 32-34k.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s what I paid for my used 2020 Power Wagon with 9000 miles in February of 2021.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/B104C964-A998-454B-BE3D-96CE84B8B69F_jpe-2485483.JPG

Quoted:

Not even in the same solar system. Both posters have been hitting the crack pipe…..
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, true.  Closest you'll get to a trophy truck under $250k.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Aimless :
I'm amazed at the money I see in RZRs in southern Utah. At least you can drive them on surface roads. It's fun seeing them braaping around town.
View Quote

@Aimless

UTV Takeover is next week just up the road from you.

Come over and Ill take you for a ride. Shoot me an IM and Ill get you my number and make it happen.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not lately. I bought a ‘21 Turbo S for 22K last year and I could easily sell it for 25K tomorrow.

I just picked up my ‘22 X3 XRS Turbo RR for 31K. Similar to the one in the OP but a 2 seater. It looks like they put a bunch of aftermarket shit on that one in the OP and that’s why they’re asking so much. Maybe.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196752/D8DBD71D-2CE4-4DCB-9F4D-B2B4BCB2D3EA_jpe-2485811.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196752/B38CF2B1-4889-42CA-8283-C7ABC5840B0D_jpe-2485813.JPG
View Quote

Nice new ride!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Noted to my list of reasons to move to Utah. I might be your neighbor some day.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#33]
covid didnt help with the prices either.
bought my 2020 RZR 4 seat xp yurbo for 18k put a couple grand in upgrades into it and could have sold it for 25k easy..
but alas it sits in the garage been too busy to get out and play
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#34]
50K and then add another 10-20 grand more in sound systems, paint,  engine upgrades, and tire and rims combo's.

I'd bet my old boss has 30k in upgrades on his and it sits [again] in his garage because he ripped 1/2 the front suspension apart when he hit something. It's already on it's 3rd motor, he bought an extended warranty on it when he bought it new and he laughing all the way to the bank on that purchase.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
50K and then add another 10-20 grand more in sound systems, paint,  engine upgrades, and tire and rims combo's.

I'd bet my old boss has 30k in upgrades on his and it sits [again] in his garage because he ripped 1/2 the front suspension apart when he hit something. It's already on it's 3rd motor, he bought an extended warranty on it when he bought it new and he laughing all the way to the bank on that purchase.
View Quote

It's like any hobby... some people just love to sink money into modding everything to the 9s.  People do it with guns, jeeps, cars, stereos, fish tanks, anything you can think of.

But just like how you can have a hell of a fun day with a $400 PSA AR and some ammo, you can have a hell of a lot of fun on a stock SxS.  And if you aren't trying to beat the shit out of it or push the envelope as far as you think you can, you won't have trouble with it, either.

Also, the overwhelming majority of SxS were made to go ride in the desert, and take some woops, but people turn them into other things (which is fine), but it takes money to take something made for purpose A and turn it into purpose B.  If you want a hardcore rock crawler, you're going to have to mod some stuff for sure, and that's money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@Aimless

UTV Takeover is next week just up the road from you.

Come over and Ill take you for a ride. Shoot me an IM and Ill get you my number and make it happen.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/256099/20211125_145023_jpg-2181267.JPG

View Quote

Let the record show, the bird wussed out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]
We knew a couple of years ago that we'd done all the rough and tumble four wheeling we'd ever do in our CanAm. It's a 2014 CanAm commander XT1000. Runs like a bat out of Hell still just as if it were one day old. We've taken great care of it. NO MUDDING. We came home from five weeks on the road and it fired right up. I'm sure this one we will keep at our age. I take it in for FULL service every two years. About $600 last time we had it in for service. I paid just over $14K for it and compared to the new units for 2 or 3 times the price we think we'll just keep the one we have. It is used around our place almost every day. Not a safe Queen. It's never been abused EVER. I'm certainly glad we have it considering the prices for new ones. Wow.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah, if you are just looking to cruise the trails, something plain like a Polaris Ranger, Honda 500/700 or the like is just fine IMHO. I've never felt under-powered in my Honda 700-4.
View Quote

Yeah, on the trail, you generally run out of suspension looooong before you run out of engine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah, on the trail, you generally run out of suspension looooong before you run out of engine.
View Quote

Bingo or loose a plastic belly pan. But lift kits and wheels are comparatively cheap compared to other accessories. Good radial tires get expensive quick. It’s the go fast buggy’s with Fox suspension’s that get into your wallet quick. But they handle so nice once you have played it’s hard to fight the urge. The other thing people don’t take into account is the parts you break on say a Polaris Ranger 500. The sway bar and sway bar bracket system is really weak and we break them all the time. When they’re broken it leads to a wonky ride.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Can't forget how easy the narrow machines roll over. 50" wide will get you more places sure, but if you don't respect it you will be on your side quick.

My Turbo S has been an amazing machine for almost 8000 miles. If I had to replace it, that Turbo R looks like a good fit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can't forget how easy the narrow machines roll over. 50" wide will get you more places sure, but if you don't respect it you will be on your side quick.

My Turbo S has been an amazing machine for almost 8000 miles. If I had to replace it, that Turbo R looks like a good fit.
View Quote

As with any machine, you must know the limits and respect them. I knew that the Pioneer 500 is easily flipped due to it being narrow so I don't push it. But as you stated, I can get a lot of places the bigger UTVs can't.

There is always trade offs.

Now if I was zipping across the desert, I would have gotten something bigger and faster. But for the slow rides in tight woods, the P500 suits my needs perfectly. I'm like others, I like to take it slow and enjoy the scenery.

Link Posted: 10/18/2022 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
But big HP can help your suspension.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but not everyone can claim the title Crazy Hillbilly! It’s fun to roll a machine playing every now and again. But the expense part is not. I really wish they would come up with a better sway bar and attachment brackets for the Polaris Ranger 500. It’s really nimble and can get down some narrow trails with a good lift kit and after market A arms. My buddy’s General was sweet trail rig.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your trails are surely different than mine, but in my neck of the woods, if you try and replace suspension and tires with HP, you might have 1,000 to 3,000 feet of vertical drop to consider your life decisions before you hit ground.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sure love my new dualsport KLR. New out the door at 6.5k, LMAO.

20-50k for a side by side are you guys fricken stupid?? I like to have fun also but C'mon man those prices are insane. Now I understand the 80k for a truck LOL.
View Quote

Revisiting this thread.............

There are only two places your KLR beats a CanAm Maverick X3 (or Polaris RZR 1000) - 1) it's street legal in every state 2) your KLR will fit on legit single track trails, it may suck donkey balls trying to ride the trail but it least it fits - sort of.

Our Mojave Desert camping/riding group has a mix of dirt bikes, quads and SXS these days - the SXS's incredibly capable.  There is no way in hell your KLR would keep up - in lots of areas the legit dirt bikes with riders that have raced bike/quads in the Baja 1000 can't keep up with the SXS's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Last week at UTV Takeover those KLXs went some gnarly places. I was impressed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yup!

Was going to buy another Polaris Ranger for the ranch to replace the worn out one and you are in it for $21K for a completely bare bones model. $30k+ if you want a top, half doors, windshield, and a winch.

CFMoto recently came out with a crew model that looks comparable to a Ranger.

It comes with a winch and top for $18K out the door. For as much as I will use it, that’s the route I am probably going to go.
View Quote

we bought a brand new ranger 500 in 2017 for $7k cash out the door, but now the only base model is the 570 for around $12k
someone told me that all Polaris has in production currently is the $30k North Star rangers with full cab/ac

The local tractor supply has a nice looking Coleman china UTV with roof, windshield, and winch for under $7K

Funny thing is now the dealers by me are starting to sell repo's
and Facebook market place is filling up with ate/utv's

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm sure a lot of them are just credit card rich but it blows my mind too. We have a couple spots here that draw the off-road types and it's amazing watching stuff roll up.

80k-100k Truck
60k-250k Trailer
25k-50k SxS maybe two of them.

I'll just keep being poor.
View Quote
That's the same as any motorized hobby.
Shits expensive and you'll figure out just how poor you actually are compared to lots of people with expensive hobbies.
You should see some of the rigs the snowmobile guys have out here, $30k+ trailer with 4-6 $20k+ sleds that get used maybe 10-15 days a year.
Look at 4x4 rock buggies and how much they have into them, it's not hard to have $100k into a rock crawler.
If you live by a decent body of water the amount of people that have $100k+ boats.

I stick with dirt bikes/motorcycles because it's a relatively cheap hobby.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#50]
New UTV’s are expensive. I pre-ordered mine at the start of 2020 and should take delivery of this in May or June. The base price was $35,000 back then after adding several accessories I’m at $49,884. The base price alone of this car is now $49,999.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top