Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2023 5:36:26 PM EDT
In 5 years I've had 4 testosterone level tests with my annual blood draw. I didn't go in the year of Covid.

Just kind of interesting how much it can jump around.

In order my levels have been 400, 450, skipped, 250, 640.

Year one, spring blood draw, felt fine, no symptoms or anything, just coming off my winter so carrying a bit of fat and not seeing much sun or working outside.

Year two, spring draw, about the same as above, but working out a little more consistently.

Year four, early summer draw, feeling like shit because of work stress, not getting enough sleep and had a nasty cold when I went in.

Year five, fall blood draw, I've felt really good all year, made it a point to eat far fewer carbs and a lot more meat and eggs, doing a lot of morning fasting.

All of those years I was supplementing Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin D and Fish Oil, workout consistency has jumped around a lot. I'm usually very consistent in the winter, and very inconsistent in the summer and fall.

I would say that this year is the best I've felt since probably age 30. We are selling lots of work, making lots of money and I'm fairly lean right now. Working out less than usual though, and I have this stupid muscle knot that I can't get rid of.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.  I'm 49 years old and never had my testosterone checked.  I've not noticed anything that would make me think I have a problem, but I have zero idea what my levels are.  I'm always consistent in my workouts, diet, and sleep.  Regular things like blood pressure, cholesterol levels, blood sugar, etc are all outstanding.  I've been using extremely high-volume workouts lately, but usually do lower reps/sets with heavier weights.

What do you do to get your test levels checked?  Just ask your regular doctor?
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lefty-weaver-g19:
Interesting.  I'm 49 years old and never had my testosterone checked.  I've not noticed anything that would make me think I have a problem, but I have zero idea what my levels are.  I'm always consistent in my workouts, diet, and sleep.  Regular things like blood pressure, cholesterol levels, blood sugar, etc are all outstanding.  I've been using extremely high-volume workouts lately, but usually do lower reps/sets with heavier weights.

What do you do to get your test levels checked?  Just ask your regular doctor?
View Quote

Yeah, I just have them add it to my normal panel and they pull an extra vial.

She said because of the low year that insurance should now cover that part, she put "history of low testosterone" on the chart as a reason for the draw. It was a little extra money prior to that, but not a big deal.

I actually need to go get another draw next month now because my TSH was at 5.5, just outside of normal range, and they want to make sure it's not underactive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top