Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2024 6:59:41 PM EDT
Newegg has a Zotac card for $999, and there are a few more at this price or just a bit more in the NVIDIA store.  This is the first time in a while that I can remember higher-end NVIDIA cards selling for MSRP.

I think I'm probably going to hold out for the next gen; my 3080 12 GB still runs everything at good-enough frame rates (with DLSS quality).  But IMO $1k for the 4080 Super isn't an awful value, as video card values have been going recently.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the market is still pining for the 4090s but buying the 4070s.

The OG 4080 non-supers were kind of shelf warmers from what I saw.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Love my 4090.

It was horrifically expensive, but worth it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree.  About time the prices of these cards gets rational.
I'm still doing OK with my 3090 Ti (that I paid $1,500 for two years ago when it 'went on sale.')

I think the 4070 Ti Super is a good value as well at $850, and if I wanted to get a 40-series for the frame generation, I'd have a hard time deciding between those two.
The 4080 Super is a better card, but I don't think I'd lose much saving $150 with the 4070 Ti Super.

FS2020 is pretty much all I play.  VR taxes the GPU pretty well, and my current card does...OK.
The sim is pretty much CPU-limited anyway, and I think my next upgrade will be an AM5 motherboard/CPU combo to replace my AM4 X3D chip.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
Love my 4090.

It was horrifically expensive, but worth it.
View Quote

It's the best consumer GPU out there, for sure.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember when flagship gpu’s were like $399 and I thought that was nuts.

I’m running a 1070ti right now. Fits my needs thus far.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BoomFootShot:

View Quote

Yeah, but you needed to upgrade at least every other year back in the day.  My 1080Ti is still serviceable at 6 years old.

However, the 10-series really struggles in modern titles.  Recently upgraded to a 4080 Super because I didn't want to be stuck with an obsolete card if there's another multi-year GPU shortage.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been shopping 4080s and 4090s but a deal on an AMD card popped up that I couldn't resist. A coworker brought a 7900 XTX and ended up not doing the build and never taking it out of the box. So he let me have it for $700. Guess I'm off to Microcenter tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GTwannabe:

Yeah, but you needed to upgrade at least every other year back in the day.  My 1080Ti is still serviceable at 6 years old.

However, the 10-series really struggles in modern titles.  Recently upgraded to a 4080 Super because I didn't want to be stuck with an obsolete card if there's another multi-year GPU shortage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I remember when flagship gpu's were like $399 and I thought that was nuts.

I'm running a 1070ti right now. Fits my needs thus far.

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea.  

There are a couple of other things I want to buy soon, but if my bonus check next week is big enough I might go for it.  I checked ebay a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like I could probably get around $450 for my 3080.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I actually just disassembled my gaming PC today that had a 1080Ti FE in it.

I’m selling the GPU on eBay, keeping the motherboard/CPU/RAM (for now), and giving the case/power supply away on Monday at work if anyone wants it.  If they don’t it’s going in the trash.

If I can get $200 for the GPU I’ll be happy.

I just don’t care to game on the PC anymore and spend my time messing with servers, networking, and hosted services instead. When I want to play a game I just use the $349 Xbox Series X I got back in December.  Diablo is actually more fun on the Xbox than it ever was on PC and I’ve been playing it since D2 came out.

The cost of gaming PC components has just gotten stupid and I actually learn things messing with servers instead. I could buy a badass Supermicro Epyc system for what a decent gaming PC would cost nowadays.

I have 2 Inno3D single slot 1050 Ti’s and a 680 I need to figure out what to do with. I’ll probably just trash the 680.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By absael:

I think I'm probably going to hold out for the next gen; my 3080 12 GB still runs everything at good-enough frame rates (with DLSS quality).  But IMO $1k for the 4080 Super isn't an awful value, as video card values have been going recently.
View Quote

What I'm doing. My 3080 plays Genshin Impact @4K with no issues. I can wait until the 5x series.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By babarsac:
I've been shopping 4080s and 4090s but a deal on an AMD card popped up that I couldn't resist. A coworker brought a 7900 XTX and ended up not doing the build and never taking it out of the box. So he let me have it for $700. Guess I'm off to Microcenter tomorrow.
View Quote

IDK, I paid retail for my 4090, had to get the water cooled one cuz it was the only one that fit my case LOL... Works quite well, don't love the stupid new power connector tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top