Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2021 10:32:50 PM EDT
After having the thing for 5+ years I finally tested out my Spikes launcher tonight.  It was only a small lift charge with a bunch of cut up fuse inside but it was pretty awesome!  I can't wait to make more of these rounds with different effects.  I'd like to get a simple bandolier to store the rounds.  Plenty of options for 12ga. shells.  Not seeing many for larger rounds.  SKD makes a belt.  If I don't find anything else I guess I can use that.  Anyone else buy something to hold 37/40mm rounds recently?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Just googled surplus 40mm bandolier….

British
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I did the same prior to starting the thread.  Saw the same pics.  Didn't see a lot of options in-stock to actually buy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a surplus vest bought new in the wrap years ago, holds I think around 20 rounds. Don't know what its called.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have a surplus vest bought new in the wrap years ago, holds I think around 20 rounds. Don't know what its called.
View Quote

Maybe "grenade vest"?  And they look to be in stock for $14.99 if OP's a small or medium.
https://www.armynavysales.com/g-i-grenade-vest-me163-494.html
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Tailor belt

Just looked at SKD and saw that the belt they offer is from TT.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Amazon has a two grenade pouch for $8.95.
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tactical Tailor belt

Just looked at SKD and saw that the belt they offer is from TT.
View Quote

This is what I have.  The customer service people were very nice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Found some bandoliers that look to be British surplus.  But I'm noticing one has significantly longer straps/closures on the pouches.  Anyone else notice that?  I just don't want them to be too big and then the rounds come falling out.  

Thoughts?....

Long

Short

Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Found some bandoliers that look to be British surplus.  But I'm noticing one has significantly longer straps/closures on the pouches.  Anyone else notice that?  I just don't want them to be too big and then the rounds come falling out.  

Thoughts?....

Long

Short

View Quote

Identical. One of the pictures has the straps shoved in the pouches and one doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Identical. One of the pictures has the straps shoved in the pouches and one doesn't.
View Quote

So those pouches are meant for 6"-8" tubes and not the shorter/standard 40mm rounds?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So those pouches are meant for 6"-8" tubes and not the shorter/standard 40mm rounds?

Thanks
View Quote

Not at all. They'll work with either M406 length or M585 length due to having two different places to snap the strap.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not at all. They'll work with either M406 length or M585 length due to having two different places to snap the strap.
View Quote

Good to know.  So that's why there's one snap externally but two snaps on the internal pouch...to adjust for the length of the round.

Thanks for the clarification.  For ~$30 shipped for an 11rd carrier, seems like this will be the best/cheapest option.

Link Posted: 7/5/2021 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good to know.  So that's why there's one snap externally but two snaps on the internal pouch...to adjust for the length of the round.

Thanks for the clarification.  For ~$30 shipped for an 11rd carrier, seems like this will be the best/cheapest option.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Search more first unless you're in a tearing hurry - I think I found legit ones cheaper on eBay today. It's unclear whether they're repro or from a different manufacturer. I've asked for clarifying photos of the tag.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Search more first unless you're in a tearing hurry - I think I found legit ones cheaper on eBay today. It's unclear whether they're repro or from a different manufacturer. I've asked for clarifying photos of the tag.
View Quote

What terms did you search?  Do you have a link?  

Is it a different model or the same?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Same model but the seller is sketchy at best. Poland - and he's not seeming too legit at all now. Looks like this UK option is the best price for that type of bandolier: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132358712803?var=431686993212

Alternatively a bit of nylon webbing and buckles plus a bunch of the various 1/2 round pouches might be cheaper for you. It depends on the sellers of the pouches but I've managed to get a whole mess of the single pouches for $1/each in the last year.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Same model but the seller is sketchy at best. Poland - and he's not seeming too legit at all now. Looks like this UK option is the best price for that type of bandolier: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132358712803?var=431686993212

Alternatively a bit of nylon webbing and buckles plus a bunch of the various 1/2 round pouches might be cheaper for you. It depends on the sellers of the pouches but I've managed to get a whole mess of the single pouches for $1/each in the last year.
View Quote

Ok.  Yeah, I snagged a couple of the pouches from some company in the last year as well.  I forget the name, could look it up, but the gear is of good quality and was dirt cheap!

But for ~$30 shipped...this will work well.  It's honestly just to carry rounds in to my back yard when we want to use a trigger instead of a lighter for fireworks.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok.  Yeah, I snagged a couple of the pouches from some company in the last year as well.  I forget the name, could look it up, but the gear is of good quality and was dirt cheap!

But for ~$30 shipped...this will work well.  It's honestly just to carry rounds in to my back yard when we want to use a trigger instead of a lighter for fireworks.

Thanks again.
View Quote

No problem. Besides - if I'm wrong about them working fine for either length then the two I just bought will be my punishment.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No problem. Besides - if I'm wrong about them working fine for either length then the two I just bought will be my punishment.
View Quote

@Third_Rail

Since these aren't exactly flying off the shelves and seeing massive demand... would you mind posting a pic/review of how the rounds fit once you get yours?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@Third_Rail

Since these aren't exactly flying off the shelves and seeing massive demand... would you mind posting a pic/review of how the rounds fit once you get yours?

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Third_Rail

Thanks

Can do! God alone knows how long they'll take to get from the UK to Montana.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd estimate 1-2 weeks if they put a rush on it and closer to a month if not.  For some reason the USPS has sped up a bit recently but anything that travels through the mid-west is super slow and gets lost for a week somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd estimate 1-2 weeks if they put a rush on it and closer to a month if not.  For some reason the USPS has sped up a bit recently but anything that travels through the mid-west is super slow and gets lost for a week somewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're likely to get your bandoliers before I get mine then. Either way I'll post something in the DD forum.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're likely to get your bandoliers before I get mine then. Either way I'll post something in the DD forum.
View Quote

I'm going to hold off on ordering until I see yours.  Something about the length of those straps seems too long even after taking your explanation into account.  And I have no clue what the Brits use for grenades.

Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm going to hold off on ordering until I see yours.  Something about the length of those straps seems too long even after taking your explanation into account.  And I have no clue what the Brits use for grenades.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Straps like that go all the way around back to the front. Empty they look weird but full you unsnap it and then tug and it lifts the round out.

Cancel that - I was thinking of one of the other bandoliers that popped up. These seem to be stitched so that it loops around the nose as you push the round in.

Here's the description.

ETA: Same company but different product and it shows clearly what I mean about the extra length of the strap/closure also functioning as a pull.

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I did the same prior to starting the thread.  Saw the same pics.  Didn't see a lot of options in-stock to actually buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a little late to the party but feel free to prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're a little late to the party but feel free to prove me wrong.
View Quote

Military gear like this tends to be most widely available from private sellers on eBay after a few years past the initial wave when it gets surplused. Everything pictured up there in the thread is.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:19:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Military gear like this tends to be most widely available from private sellers on eBay after a few years past the initial wave when it gets surplused. Everything pictured up there in the thread is.
View Quote

That's what I found to be the case gun-wise to with the c&r world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top