BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 39
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They were not fun to watch. I hope that Hamburg makes it back up so they won’t have to play in the same league since they already have the misfortune of  sharing the same city.
View Quote

St. Pauli appears to be the Millwall of 2. Bundesliga. Tough district of Hamburg.

ETA:  Someday I'll learn to count to 50
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Interesting line up! Hendo as a CB Thiago, Gini and Ox in midfield

Let's go Reds!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Well shit
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well shit
View Quote

That sums it up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
What a weird season
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have Amazon Prime Video I recommend Take us Home: Leeds United. Season 1 starts with the hiring of Bielsa and the 2018-19 season, season 2 is the 2019-20 season. For someone like me who isn’t up to snuff on a lot of the history of English football, I found it very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Welp

Out of the Carabo cup

0-2 to Chity.

Loses suck
Loses at home really suck.

FA Cup vs Watford left.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Welp

Out of the Carabo cup

0-2 to Chity.

Loses suck

FA Cup vs Watford left.
View Quote
I expected it.  What's that 6 semi final knock outs in a row now.  Bruno papers over alot of cracks in this team.  If he has an off game they play like shit.  I hope he never gets injured.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you have Amazon Prime Video I recommend Take us Home: Leeds United. Season 1 starts with the hiring of Bielsa and the 2018-19 season, season 2 is the 2019-20 season. For someone like me who isn’t up to snuff on a lot of the history of English football, I found it very interesting.
View Quote

I'll check it out
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I expected it.  What's that 6 semi final knock outs in a row now.  Bruno papers over alot of cracks in this team.  If he has an off game they play like shit.  I hope he never gets injured.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welp

Out of the Carabo cup

0-2 to Chity.

Loses suck

FA Cup vs Watford left.

I'd avoid small low reward competitions.

Just not worth it at one point.

And Everton.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Reds and Villa in the FA Cup.

Jurgen fields a near starting team

Let's go Reds!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Mané!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reds and Villa in the FA Cup.

Jurgen fields a near starting team

Let's go Reds!
View Quote

Good!  They need to get their groove back.

ETA:  1-1 at half against a Villa U23 team.  This is going to be an epic embarrassment if they can't get something worked out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good!  They need to get their groove back.

ETA:  1-1 at half against a Villa U23 team.  This is going to be an epic embarrassment if they can't get something worked out.
View Quote

I got behind.

Mané! Gini! Salah!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Although the guys saved themselves from embarrassment, respect the the Villa kids.

I was reading about the Villa goal scorer Barry. Was so excited to swap shirts he gave away his senior team debut jersey to Fabinho until someone reminded him. He chased Fab down the tunnel who gave him his shirt back and told him to keep his.

In the interviews kid was buzzing about a loss. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Although the guys saved themselves from embarrassment, respect the the Villa kids.

I was reading about the Villa goal scorer Barry. Was so excited to swap shirts he gave away his senior team debut jersey to Fabinho until someone reminded him. He chased Fab down the tunnel who gave him his shirt back and told him to keep his.

In the interviews kid was buzzing about a loss. Good stuff.
View Quote

Villa didn’t put any first teamers out for an FA Cup match? Lol wtf.

You’re welcome.  

United will put out a reduced team against Watford. I hope.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:04:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You’re welcome.  

View Quote

There was a Covid issue.

Although when I saw the XI I was like Wtf why?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There was a Covid issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re welcome.  

There was a Covid issue.

Well they must have weighed their priorities. They have a good shot at top 6 if not top 4.

Do you think the FA cup has lost a bit of its importance?

ETA

Lol this funky.

Klopp chastised for fielding a strong team, wtf.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well they must have weighed their priorities. They have a good shot at top 6 if not top 4.

ETA

Lol this funky.

View Quote

Personally I'm a fan of letting kids play in those. I know it sucks for the small teams that use these for money but key injuries cost big teams a lot of money as well.

That said the first team needed something to get their groove back like Stella what's sad is how flat they were until Thiago came on. Klopp needs to be thinking about the midfield line ups.

There was an issue with covid bubbles so the kids couldn't play Villa and there are only so many first team players available so there was a point where MO, Sadio, Bobby and the other were coming in.

That said the guys have been really paying a lot of respect for the Villa kids, giving props in interviews and tweets as well as giving them their jerseys
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Personally I'm a fan of letting kids play in those. I know it sucks for the small teams that use these for money but key injuries cost big teams a lot of money as well.

That said the first team needed something to get their groove back like Stella what's sad is how flat they were until Thiago came on. Klopp needs to be thinking about the midfield line ups.

There was an issue with covid bubbles so the kids couldn't play Villa and there are only so many first team players available so there was a point where MO, Sadio, Bobby and the other were coming in.

That said the guys have been really paying a lot of respect for the Villa kids, giving props in interviews and tweets as well as giving them their jerseys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Lol this funky.

And Watford. They had 24 crosses 7 corners 15 shots.
United scored in the 5th. They had to call in Mcguire cuz Bailey got another injury, Rashford and Martial cuz James and Greenwood were ineffective.
VDB was very good.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Turbo Timo finally snaps the goalless drought against mighty Morecambe
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Watching the Marine -Tottenham match. You just have to love all the women and girls drinking their wine watching from outside the grounds.

ETA: 0-4 at 37 minutes. Oh well.

Fun facts: Marine is in the town of CROSBY; their manager is NEIL YOUNG.

Jurgin Klopp doing some scouting.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#23]
FA Cup 4th round draw is interesting. Looks like either ManU or the Reds will be able to focus on just their European campaign.

It's likely Southampton and Arsenal will play.

The other match with two EPL sides is Fulham v Burnley. As manager, do you want to win the game or focus on not getting relegated?

All the other top sides are playing someone in a lower division.

Manchester United v Liverpool
Wycombe Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
Cheltenham Town v Manchester City
Chelsea v Luton Town
Southampton/ Shrewsbury Town v Arsenal
Brentford v Leicester City
Chorley v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sheffield United v Plymouth Argyle
West Ham United v Doncaster Rovers
Everton v Sheffield Wednesday
Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool - A seaside resort Derby!
Fulham v Burnley
Bournemouth v Crawley Town
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest
Millwall v Bristol City
Barnsley v Norwich City
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Watching the Marine -Tottenham match. You just have to love all the women and girls drinking their wine watching from outside the grounds.

ETA: 0-4 at 37 minutes. Oh well.

Fun facts: Marine is in the town of CROSBY; their manager is NEIL YOUNG.

Jurgin Klopp doing some scouting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122/Klopp_at_Marine_png-1773352.JPG
View Quote

Haha. He's God his eyes out looking for a budget center back
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FA Cup 4th round draw is interesting. Looks like either ManU or the Reds will be able to focus on just their European campaign.

The other match with two EPL sides is Fulham v Burnley. As manager, do you want to win the game or focus on not getting relegated?

Chelsea v Luton Town
Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool
Fulham v Burnley
Millwall v Bristol City
Barnsley v Norwich City
View Quote

I think this week's match will determine how seriously the managers take the FA Cup
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Chelsea v Luton Town
Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool
Fulham v Burnley
Millwall v Bristol City
Barnsley v Norwich City
View Quote

Lol
Of course we get the PL draws. Look at Spurs Chelsea and Citizens. 3rd division.

Fuvk you FA.

Personally if I’m Pool or United we get together and decide to both play U-23 or U-18 teams. Collusion !!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Bayern knocked out the the Pokal by  2nd division team.

Spurs draw Fullham... Good for Liverpool
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bayern knocked out the the Pokal by  2nd division team.

Spurs draw Fullham... Good for Liverpool
View Quote

Good for Fulham! Tottenham was outplayed for a number of stretches in that match.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Seems a bit much since they are in close contact through the whole game.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Need to stop hugging and kissing the opponents pre and post match.

I hate you on the field.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Big test tomorrow Scousers.

Not a season breaker but I hope for a quality match.

Will be texting back and forth with my son in Tucson ( as usual) while we watch. It’s great way for us to communicate, I miss him terribly. He loves the game, is way more involved with state of the game, players in other leagues, transfers etc.

He also is a player/ coach on his pickup indoor league. Got a couple guys trying out for some semi pro squad in the area. With the heavy Mexican population he says he plays with some nifty guys.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Will be texting back and forth with my son in Tucson ( as usual) while we watch. It’s great way for us to communicate, I miss him terribly. He loves the game, is way more involved with state of the game, players in other leagues, transfers etc.

He also is a player/ coach on his pickup indoor league. Got a couple guys trying out for some semi pro squad in the area. With the heavy Mexican population he says he plays with some nifty guys.
View Quote

Agreed. I watched most of the midweek game to scout in case Jurgen called me for advice. Pogba while mentally checked out is still a very talented player and Fernandes is the playmaker to control. I was hoping for some red cards to be handed out but alas.

Both teams are having issues right now. Last I checked Matip  doesn't have an official status but Thiago is slated to start which is good, the creativity is needed. Trent has a big chance to redeem himself and this is the moment.

A packed house would also help

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Agreed. I watched most of the midweek game to scout in case Jurgen called me for advice. Pogba while mentally checked out is still a very talented player and Fernandes is the playmaker to control. I was hoping for some red cards to be handed out but alas.

Both teams are having issues right now. Last I checked Matip  doesn't have an official status but Thiago is slated to start which is good, the creativity is needed. Trent has a big chance to redeem himself and this is the moment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guys are healthy and got a decent rest. Pogba has been growing into Bruno more so that’s a plus. Bailey has been a much better addition to the defense. Which I still feel is suspect. DeGea has been more like his better self.

I had no expectations to be in this position. All I ask for is quality play, hustle effort and good decision making.

I’m always anxious when I watch. Lol. That’s why it’s fun!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Finally got around to watching the Chelsea-Fulham match. I don’t think Timo could walk in a goal if he was the only man on the pitch. Maybe Suarez could put him in touch with a sports psychologist because there’s obviously something going on between his ears.

And once again Mount and CHO are the consistent bright spots in the team. Lamps even apologized after the match for not starting CHO and promised him more minutes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Hendo to CB, Thiago, Gini and the Cube in midfield.

Let's go Reds!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#37]
All tied up at the half. The finishing just isn't there for Liverpool
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Come on Jota, we need that spark back.... And if you could bring VVD back too it would be nice.

On the brightside if there is much Thiago at full form and familiarity is going to be awesome. He looks rusty and and not fully integrated.

Big Shaq did well too. If Gini leaves he may be a starter
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Come on Jota, we need that spark back.... And if you could bring VVD back too it would be nice.

On the brightside if there is much Thiago at full form and familiarity is going to be awesome. He looks rusty and and not fully integrated.

Big Shaq did well too. If Gini leaves he may be a starter
View Quote

No surprises. Other than MU defended well. Stuck to the game plan. Sit back, absorb, counter.

Thought MU had the better of the scoring chances.

Thiago was influential, he did a good job on Fernandes. He still made plays and has some good chances. The free kick was a game winner.

Survive and move on, MU is good enough to win the league. Overall thumbs up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Barca goes out in final. Messi sees red. the mighty can fall.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Barca goes out in final. Messi sees red. the mighty can fall.
View Quote

Softest red ever.  Messi was obviously just trying to get around the asshole that was holding him back from getting into the play.

MU vs Liverpool was as expected.  Our worst (and best) game of the season was Reds vs Spurs.  We won a critical 3 points to go top of the table, but Jose put on a clinic on how to handle a Klopp team that all the other managers in the league witnessed.  And everyone since (Fulham aside) has followed that example perfectly, and none of our forwards except Jota seem to be able to score in a packed box.  Once again, despite having more shots, we have very few shots actually on target, very few good scoring opportunities, and as cavgunner pointed out I think the reds were lucky to get away with even a point despite have close to 70% possession.  I will give Klopp credit, in that he was at least trying to do something different by creating chances through the middle with Thiago and Shaq in there, but Gini is clueless in and around a crowded box, and Mane and Salah aren't much better.  Even Bobby seemed to struggle yesterday.  

City are flying right now.  I think they're going to be tough for MU and Liverpool to beat this season.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Chelsea and Foxes on now.

I think a Draw is probably the best outcome.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Chelsea and Foxes on now.

I think a Draw is probably the best outcome.
View Quote

Not for Lampard's job status. If the Blues don't take all 3 points today, Frank is done. I've got the DVR recording now and hope to start watching shortly once work is finished up.

I've resigned myself to the fact that Lamps won't make it to the end of the season.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm speculating the only reason Frank is still there this morning is because Roman's team is still negotiating the financial terms of Brendan Rodgers' release from his Leicester City contract.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#45]
17 undefeated on the road.

Pogba with a weak foot beauty to win. He played very well.

I always liked Frank. I feel bad for him.

Not sure he had enough experience to take on such a huge job.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not for Lampard's job status. If the Blues don't take all 3 points today, Frank is done. I've got the DVR recording now and hope to start watching shortly once work is finished up.

I've resigned myself to the fact that Lamps won't make it to the end of the season.
View Quote

Quoted:
I'm speculating the only reason Frank is still there this morning is because Roman's team is still negotiating the financial terms of Brendan Rodgers' release from his Leicester City contract.
View Quote

I think Lamps is safe because the alternatives are not great.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Solskajer is finally getting Pogba to buy in. During the Liverpool game you can see his compete level was there as well as his strength on the the ball.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think Solskajer is finally getting Pogba to buy in. During the Liverpool game you can see his compete level was there as well as his strength on the the ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been waiting for a couple years.

Recall he had a big Covid bought early, and the team got a late start training after a long season. City also. They are starting to hum.

Tho it looks like KDB and Walker got a knock.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Been waiting for a couple years.

Recall he had a big Covid bought early, and the team got a late start training after a long season. City also. They are starting to hum.

Tho it looks like KDB and Walker got a knock.
View Quote

He's a solid player but I think he's one of those players that when they aren't happy they don't play at 100%

Squad rotation for Liverpool today. Salah and Firmino start on the bench. No Hendo.

Matip is back.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Let's go Reds!
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top