BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 232
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just had a horrifying thought. If MLB contracted the Pittsburgh Pirates at this point, would anyone really even notice?
View Quote

It’s like Groundhog Day but you only get to watch the same burning god awful car wreck over and over.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just had a horrifying thought. If MLB contracted the Pittsburgh Pirates at this point, would anyone really even notice?
View Quote

The who?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The who?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The who?

My mistake. I meant the Shittsburgh Pie-Rats.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
https://apple.news/AqPWSje80QDSuKXsfBuxK0A

What a shock, liberals using a tragedy to try and get something done; using Hank’s death as a catalyst to change the braves’ name.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What a shock, liberals using a tragedy to try and get something done; using Hank’s death as a catalyst to change the braves’ name.
View Quote

Watch out, the petition was nearing 100 signatures!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'm a redskins fan, man. you don't need a petition. white people will complain how racist shit is and then sponsors and corporations will extort the team to change the name.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i'm a redskins fan, man. you don't need a petition. white people will complain how racist shit is and then sponsors and corporations will extort the team to change the name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm telling you though, this could be an amazing opportunity. If we point out how Yankee is a stolen word, Yankee Clippers were involved in the slave trade, Yankees exploited black people's suffering for a century, etc., etc., etc., we can force the Yankees to change their name.

It would be completely worth losing the Indians, the Braves, the Brewers, the Pirates, and I dunno, maybe even the White Sox names it just to screw with Yankees fans.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm telling you though, this could be an amazing opportunity. If we point out how Yankee is a stolen word, Yankee Clippers were involved in the slave trade, Yankees exploited black people's suffering for a century, etc., etc., etc., we can force the Yankees to change their name.

It would be completely worth losing the Indians, the Braves, the Brewers, the Pirates, and I dunno, maybe even the White Sox names it just to screw with Yankees fans.
View Quote

after the Indians folded they immediately set their sights on the Rangers.

that's the thing caving to progressive bags of shit. Once they get their way they don't high five, shake hands, and put the stationary away. They just move onto the next demand.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Yanks get Taillon

Just kill me now...

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]

I legit have no idea what the Pirates are doing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They’re destroying the confidence of these “prospects” the other teams are sending to the Pirates.

Like a puppy you give to the pound walking away all the puppy wonders is what it did wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They’re destroying the confidence of these “prospects” the other teams are sending to the Pirates.

Like a puppy you give to the pound walking away all the puppy wonders is what it did wrong.
View Quote

At least something is moving in the Pirates system. The Cardinals have done zero.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Current Mood:

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Bucs: Where Careers Start and Careers Die.

MLB needs to force Nutting to sell the team.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

MLB is "the owners"
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

MLB is "the owners"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MLB is "the owners"

I kknow, but at this point even they have to see Nutting is hurting the Pirates and MLB brands. If they can force Marge Schott to sell, they can force Nutting to sell.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I kknow, but at this point even they have to see Nutting is hurting the Pirates and MLB brands. If they can force Marge Schott to sell, they can force Nutting to sell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MLB is "the owners"

I have said to for at least five years. All he’s caring about is wringing as much money out of it as he can.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Current Mood:

https://i.imgur.com/arCiO7G.gif

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know guys, but in hindsight it kinda seems like Archer was the glue holding the Pirates together.

hows that for a plot twist

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't know guys, but in hindsight it kinda seems like Archer was the glue holding the Pirates together.

View Quote

they can still re sign him!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys both understand I have your home addresses and many deer rifles  high powered sniper platforms, right?

I'm just saying.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Adam Frazier feels like the last guy on the Titanic who didn’t get a life raft.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/289413/5F7FE7E3-0413-4D8D-9F99-7356E284A3A0-1795475.jpg

View Quote

Meanwhile Tucker, Hayes, and Reynolds are waiting for someone to throw them a life vest and hope the water isn't as cold as it looks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Meanwhile Tucker, Hayes, and Reynolds are waiting for someone to throw them a life vest and hope the water isn't as cold as it looks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/289413/5F7FE7E3-0413-4D8D-9F99-7356E284A3A0-1795475.jpg

At least they’re relatively young and unknown still. Now they’ll get a chance to “shine”
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Huh ok maybe it's not that bad for the Pirates. This was in a new Fangraphs article I was reading about the trade.

The Pirates have now added about 10 good prospects to their system this offseason across several avenues of acquisition (Rule 5 Draft, trades, international signings) and now have 26 prospects in their system who last year I graded as 40+ FV or above. By my current count, only Cleveland (27) has more.
View Quote

there is some light coming through in the future.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#26]
@Kalahnikid I don’t know where you live exactly, but I think you’re going to make some money today!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@Kalahnikid I don’t know where you live exactly, but I think you’re going to make some money today!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66/5F8428FC-F833-4A2A-A27D-68411B5C2457_jpe-1795938.JPG
View Quote

Is that today?

I live in the 7-x area. Yeah, we're going to have some fun activities.

When I saw I had a mention here I was hoping to see since good news on Yadi/Waino
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Huh ok maybe it's not that bad for the Pirates. This was in a new Fangraphs article I was reading about the trade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Pirates have now added about 10 good prospects to their system this offseason across several avenues of acquisition (Rule 5 Draft, trades, international signings) and now have 26 prospects in their system who last year I graded as 40+ FV or above. By my current count, only Cleveland (27) has more.

So gutting what little the Bucs have might payoff in a couple of years?

Well, I'm totally on board with what the Front Office is doing. After all, Bob Nutting hasn't let us down yet!

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is that today?

When I saw I had a mention here I was hoping to see since good news on Yadi/Waino
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66/5F8428FC-F833-4A2A-A27D-68411B5C2457_jpe-1795938.JPG

Is that today?

You'll make enough today to be able to afford a sweet, sweet Mr. Plow jacket!

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#30]
I shoveled snow yesterday and I'll have to do it again tomorrow. May can't show up soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I shoveled snow yesterday and I'll have to do it again tomorrow. May can't show up soon enough.
View Quote

I got a good dusting last night, but it's already melted.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Biggest problem with the Pirates is they are a farm system for other teams but don't deal within the division.  Now where can the Cardinals find such a quality developmental team to deal with.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Honestly, this winter around me hasn't been too bad but once 3 kings day is past, i'm completely ready for spring.

That being said, aren't we like 3 weeks from pitchers and catchers reporting?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Biggest problem with the Pirates is they are a farm system for other teams but don't deal within the division.  Now where can the Cardinals find such a quality developmental team to deal with.  
View Quote

To be fair, they did that once dealing Aramis Ramirez to the Cubs. That bit them in the ass for about a decade, so you can imagine why they're a bit gun shy. You guys should try trading with the Cubs. I've heard that worked out pretty well for you in the past.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, I'm totally on board with what the Front Office is doing. After all, Bob Nutting hasn't let us down yet!

View Quote

Ive been bragging on the Indians farm for a few years with the caveat that everyone was very young. Their high A/AA now.

Next year we're gonna have a massive roster crunch to figure out or our system is gonna get raped in the Rule 5 draft.

If your farm is being compared to ours and you have 26 young 40+fv prospects you guys are in very good shape.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

To be fair, they did that once dealing Aramis Ramirez to the Cubs. That bit them in the ass for about a decade, so you can imagine why they're a bit gun shy. You guys should try trading with the Cubs. I've heard that worked out pretty well for you in the past.
View Quote

I'd love to get Bryant but doubt the cubs deal with STL.  That and only one year of control left and he'll want the moon if he has a decent 2021.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ive been bragging on the Indians farm for a few years with the caveat that everyone was very young. Their high A/AA now.

Next year we're gonna have a massive roster crunch to figure out or our system is gonna get raped in the Rule 5 draft.

If your farm is being compared to ours and you have 26 young 40+fv prospects you guys are in very good shape.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But we've been doing this "build a good farm system then trade it away" dance for 30 years without it paying off. We've been in rebuild mode for an entire generation now.

It's frustrating to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That being said, aren't we like 3 weeks from pitchers and catchers reporting?
View Quote

Yep.

Just in time for Babybadger to fit in his Black & Gold regalia.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But we've been doing this "build a good farm system then trade it away" dance for 30 years without it paying off. We've been in rebuild mode for an entire generation now.

View Quote

of course. And yes that's valid.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Pirates were in the regular cycle of  "Good Team-> Great Team-> Falling Apart Team -> Rebuilding Team -> Good Team" that would be one thing, but they are perpetually stuck in the Rebuilding Team phase because every time they get some talent, they get traded off for prospects and/or over the hill player.

The Pirates have been around since 1887 and the fans really deserve better from the owners but for some reason MLB won't force Nutting's hand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2021/01/25/cactus-league-cities-ask-mlb-push-back-opening-spring-training/4246311001/

The mayors of the cities hosting teams in the Phoenix area sent a letter to Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred, asking for the start of training camps to be postponed because of the severity of the spread of the coronavirus at present in Arizona.
View Quote

The suck continues.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2021/01/25/cactus-league-cities-ask-mlb-push-back-opening-spring-training/4246311001/

The mayors of the cities hosting teams in the Phoenix area sent a letter to Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred, asking for the start of training camps to be postponed because of the severity of the spread of the coronavirus at present in Arizona.

The suck continues.

Expand the Grapefruit League.

Besides, there are a ton of AAA and AA ballfields out there they can use for Spring Training if the Cactus League sites are run by pussies.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah we have been down this road before.  WE had one of the strongest farm systems in the league not long ago.  We get good talent and let them hit the field then when they have a small amount of value/star power we sell them to next team and start all over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

the remaining Indians players from the 2016 team

Jose Ramirez
Roberto Perez

that's the list
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Jose Ramirez
Roberto Perez

that's the list
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jose Ramirez
Roberto Perez

that's the list

You know what? Not everything is about you!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

debatable
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

debatable
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

debatable

Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top