Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just another consequence of fatherless boys having issues, your son needs you to respect and, to a degree, fear you.
Smearing him with essential oils is not the same as having a father.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder what kind of feels would come out of that Gulag Archipelago quote was posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where does the constitution state that human rights begin at 18?

View Quote

I'm sure if we delay adulthood even more the previous problems caused by delaying adulthood will get better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2022/09/27/apc-rules-sought-for-gooning-taking-troubled-kids-to-care/#.YzRSOCVMGEc

Apparently Utah has a large number of "troubled youth" camps, I guess because it's easy to open them here. They've made the news because of some deaths.

So If your son doesn't want to go to the "Flyover State Home for Wayward Boys" you can hire goons who will grab him off the street, cuff him and take him away. Some mother in California was charged with some kind of criminal charges
View Quote

Yes they do...Ivy Ridge was an infamous re-education camp run by Mormons in upstate NY...took many years for abused kids to get their stories out...far as I know none of them went to jail or even got successfully sued...
The abused kids were emotionally wrecked by some of these camps run by the same outfit...I believe they even moved
some camps off shore to avoid scrutiny.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just another consequence of fatherless boys having issues, your son needs you to respect and, to a degree, fear you.
Smearing him with essential oils is not the same as having a father.
View Quote

A lot of the kids that go to these places have fathers.

Believe it or not not everyone responds the same way to the same methods: something that evokes pure terror in one kid will make the next one come back twice as hard.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A best friends son was having a lot of drug issues in high school circa 2009-2010, age 14 or 15.
Kid knew he was fucking up, didn't care.
The treatment program came at 0dark30, took the kid and a duffel of clothes, and transported him to the program.
He stayed 6 months, had no contact for the first three. Parents got progress reports from staff.
Got his shit together, and resumed a healthy life.
Family is doing well.

Not every story has a sad ending.
View Quote

One of my buddies just got his 17 yo son back from one of these deals. The kid was into drugs and cutting himself and all sorts of other crazy shit, possibly being a danger to the younger siblings.

I think the kid was gone 4 months in the wilderness in UT. Complete detox, complete electronics detox (no comms or electronics, only allowed hand written letters after 2 months)... basically a life detox. He said his son came back a totally different person who wasn't a fuckup and actually wanted to get his shit together. Hopefully, the kid sticks with it.

-ZA

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's kidnapping, plan and simple, but the DOJ and Federal government is full of groomers so they probably support the idea of grabbing kids off the street to ship them off to a ranch a few states over.
View Quote

Wouldn't kidnapping require the parents of the minor to object?  If the parents are hiring people to transport their children (whom they have custody of) to a state authorized location for therapy they believe will be in the best interests of the child.  I don't think your claim of kidnapping is valid.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
If you send a little shithead to a place that tries to fix shitheads they aren’t generally going to say it was like Disneyland.

In fact they might even lie about the place out of spite.

(I’ve known 2 people who worked as survival instructors at Red Cliff and they are very decent people)
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I should finish the book I started writing about this concept years ago. A rewrite of the Spartacus story except with a high school kid in a government facility for troubled youths.

Young adult fiction is really lacking good stories for young men.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Off to Urban Dictionary.

Damn you people!
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When my deceased brother-in-law was a child my father-in-law sent him to one. The number of suicides of kids sent to that school was so stunningly high that it blows the mind. The abuse - physical, psychological and sexual would have made the Nazis blush. Obviously I'm being a little over the top there, but it was bad. Back in the late 90's the NY Times did a huge expose on these camps/schools and the kidnappings in the middle of the night. Fucked up.
View Quote

I think that's the point in a lot of cases, send your unruly kid to one of these torture camps to get rid of them one way or the other.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you send a little shithead to a place that tries to fix shitheads they aren’t generally going to say it was like Disneyland.

In fact they might even lie about the place out of spite.

(I’ve known 2 people who worked as survival instructors at Red Cliff and they are very decent people)
View Quote

For every monster who's parents think they are an angel you have a decent kid who's shithead parents think they are the spawn of satan.

And then if the kid has enough of a spine to not be broken by those parents they get sent to be with the shithead kids.

And given that basically no one remembers how to raise kids anymore, I'm going with "self-inflicted by the parents" in most cases. Even when the kid is a genuine shithead.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Off to Urban Dictionary.

Damn you people!
View Quote

I was laughing so hard i couldn't finish reading it and having difficulty breathing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where does the constitution state that human rights begin at 18?

View Quote

Where does it say that a parent has to put up with what some of these kids do?  Parents hands are tied.  Once a child realizes this, a parent has no control.  
What would you do, when your child is abusing you?  actively suicidal? abusing drugs? leaving your home? stealing your car? Failing/ditching school? The parents that make this choice typically have tried everything.  Local resources suck, period!  You take them to a local hospital, they hold them, put them on meds and then discharge after 3-7 days.  Nothing has changed.  Do this a few times, the kids learn how to manipulate the system and become treatment savvy.  They also are thrown in with other kids making poor choices and learn more tricks.
I wouldn't be so fast to past judgement until you've walked in someone else's shoes.  

The real issues is the destruction of the family unit, no accountability and morals, but that's a whole different conversation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's not what "gooning" means.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Here we have a NG Academy. There is an application and interview process to attend. Problem is, a lot of juvie shit heads habe their attorneys volunteer them instead of a juvenile facility. This, incorrigible asswipes get to skip ahead of potential cadets that actually want to be there.
On admissions day there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the parking lot. By the fuck faces. Transport arm bars and all.
Two of my three approached us about attending. They just wanted more from life and one of the 2 already shot expert marksman in Marine Corps JROTC at the local high school before attending. When people learn they went to Mountaineer Challenge Academy, the first question is. “Why did they have to go there?”. The asseipes give the program a bad wrap. Then I explain that the kid they knew was junior piece of shit, not a junior officer in training.
There are other states with such academies and although I I’m comparing apples to oranges there are resources to instill discipline without a midnight snatch and grab.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm going with "self-inflicted by the parents" in most cases. Even when the kid is a genuine shithead.
View Quote

BINGO!

You can't start trying to parent a kid when they are 10+
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

BINGO!

You can't start trying to parent a kid when they are 10+
View Quote

See also the monthly GD threads on "OMG MY TEEN DAUGHTER HAS STARTED BEING INTERESTED IN BOYS".......
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Those types of transport companies have been around for many many years.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have worked in this industry for 27 years.  Started in a wilderness program that actually saved my brothers life.  He went on to become a police officer, worked in the industry and now is a business owner.  He is married and has kids.  He has been very successful.  I ran some of these programs and then moved on to consulting with families for placement for the last 15 years.

Just like everything, there are quality well run programs/ transport services etc.  There are also poorly run programs.  It is important that you know what and who you are sending your kids to.  I lived in Utah for 8 years and have visited hundreds of these programs nationally and internationally.   I have also worked with 1000's of families through the years.  

My experience is that the adolescent or young adult that is struggling are normally a symptom of a family systemic issue/issues.  

When all local resources have failed, then parents desperately try to get help for their child/young adult.  

I can attest to thousands of success stories.  Once again, it requires knowledge of who and where you are sending them.  

I have worked with the same transport services for over 20 years, the ones I use are kind, caring and build a rapport with the students.  I have never had an issue.

Just FYI:  I would never use the program that Paris Hilton was sent to.  However, what she does not say is the many programs she was kicked out of and all that happened before she was sent to such a place.  There is always more to the story.  I have worked with children of Hollywood elite, CEO's of fortune 500 companies and just middle class families trying to make a shift for their kids.

"gooning" is the slang term the kids use when they are picked up by transports...  I was not aware of the other meaning :D
View Quote

That’s nice.

I’ll share my story related to these camps. My buddy is gay and has always been gay. His Mormon parents didn’t like that and sent him to the Utah wilderness camps summer after summer where he endured electroshock therapy, dehydration, malnutrition, sexual assault and rape, and beatings. The camps practically sanctioned the ass kickings and he was laughed away when bringing up the sexual assault and rape.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That’s nice.

I’ll share my story related to these camps. My buddy is gay and has always been gay. His Mormon parents didn’t like that and sent him to the Utah wilderness camps summer after summer where he endured electroshock therapy, dehydration, malnutrition, sexual assault and rape, and beatings. The camps practically sanctioned the ass kickings and he was laughed away when bringing up the sexual assault and rape.
View Quote

These places can't really exist if you can't hold these kids against their will, and the process isn't really compatible with oversight either.  So you end up with that.  I'm sure most of the people in that industry will say they don't condone abuse but they don't want accountability either.  So you end up with that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't google Gooning unless your safesearch is set to max.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like I said in my post, the instructors absolutely seemed like good people and really treated us well. I’m not sure how they vet them or screen them but for the most part they were really approachable and seemed to care. They really made it bearable and honestly were great role models. Was one of them from Wheeling WV by any chance?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I was about to say the same thing
View Quote

i'm glad i wasn't the only one that got it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Parental kidnapping is still kidnapping
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's kidnapping, plan and simple, but the DOJ and Federal government is full of groomers so they probably support the idea of grabbing kids off the street to ship them off to a ranch a few states over.

Is is actually kidnapping when it's a minor at the direction of the parent?
Parental kidnapping is still kidnapping

Why?  If they are the legal custodians of the child how is it kidnapping in any legal sense?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That’s nice.

View Quote

That sounds like two guys I know.

Both still gay but really went through hell
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What should a good dad do when a son wages war against him in his own home?
View Quote

Begs the question, if he was a good dad how did it get to that point?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#30]
How is it possible I'm the first to post this?!

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2022/09/27/apc-rules-sought-for-gooning-taking-troubled-kids-to-care/#.YzRSOCVMGEc

Apparently Utah has a large number of "troubled youth" camps, I guess because it's easy to open them here. They've made the news because of some deaths.

So If your son doesn't want to go to the "Flyover State Home for Wayward Boys" you can hire goons who will grab him off the street, cuff him and take him away. Some mother in California was charged with some kind of criminal charges
View Quote

Looks like you've finally transitioned from your ny articles to post from.

Of course as usual I didn't bother to read your post or article.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, these sort of 'boot camps' for troubled teens have been around for at least 25 years.  Overwhelmingly in Utah and LDS associated.  From what I know they figure out how much the parents can pay (read: blow thru their 401k) and the kid just happens to need exactly as much treatment as the parents can afford.  Results range from making it worse to making the kid slightly better than they were.  Penn & Teller featured them on their BS show if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Begs the question, if he was a good dad how did it get to that point?
View Quote

Shhhhhhhhhhhh you aren't supposed to ask question like that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top