Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I always dug that setup that Chewbacka had, it looked like a Crossbow, but was some form of blaster, anyone got a pic of that thing?

What was that thing that Gene Simmons had in "Runaway"? something like a remote controled bullet.

"How do you like the spiders Ramsey? theyre quite impressive"
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Dooms Big F'ing Gun
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I always dug that setup that Chewbacka had, it looked like a Crossbow, but was some form of blaster, anyone got a pic of that thing?

www.starwars.com/databank/technology/bowcaster/
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a double barrel SPAS-12 from that game Area-51?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Best Scifi Sidearm ever: M6D pistol from Halo.

Twelve .50 cal explosive rounds in the mag, with an integrated scope.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.starwars.com/databank/technology/bowcaster/

Fuckin A right man, thats how id roll

With their imposing size and enormous strength, Wookiees are intimidating enough when unarmed. But when they need to hit targets well beyond their great reach, their preferred weapon is their native laser crossbow.
A melding of varied technologies, the crossbow weapon fires energy blasts with explosive force. These Wookiee weapons are often hand-crafted, and vary in size and deadliness. The Wookiee warriors charged with protecting Kashyyyk from the invading forces of the Separatists during the Clone Wars carried large laser crossbows in addition to their rifles and pistols. Later, during the Galactic Civil War, Chewbacca was known to carry a smaller, more machined version of the weapon.

Ok, how about the 2 double barell, 12 ga, band clamped together, and the barells cut off at an angle like on "Phantasm 2"?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Van Helsing's shotgun too!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Judge Dredd's Lawgiver
The "UA-571C Remote Sentry Weapons System" from the Special Edition of Aliens
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Judge Dredd's Lawgiver
Auto Guns from the Directors Cut of Aliens

That stupid shit was on the other night--"Double Whammie"
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd rather have a M41-A 10mm caseless pulse rifle...

www.fhmclan.com/dyno/Aliens.jpg

1++++

This is the first one that came to my mind!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Mal's pistol from Firefly, just because it looks cool.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A lightsaber.

My choice as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A lightsaber.

My choice as well.

Ancient weapons and hokey religions.......
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Does this count as a sidearm?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone who has read the Logans Run series of books might recall that their  issued handgun fired a variety of rounds and would explode if the palmprint of the person holding it was not recognized by the weapons memory. I always thought that sounded like an interesting weapon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.xscapesprops.com/Men_in_Black/MIB_Noisy_Cricket.jpg

Just kidding  

Would prefer a lightsaber, a "gentleman's weapon," but definitely would want the training to be able to use it without losing an arm or a head.  

Sidearm would have to be a phaser, or for more traditional firearms, Decker's pistol from "Blade Runner."

+1 on the Blade Runner pistol.  

How about the Samaritan, the big fkn top-break revolver from "Hellboy".  Only 4 shot but it's something like 20mm+ or so.

Mal's pistol from Firefly/Serenity is interesting looking.

Not really SciFi but I'd want a pistol like the main character in the comic book "Poison Elves" has....an enchanted conventional semiauto with the magic runes for "infinity" on the grips....never ending magazine.  Shoot all you want, the mag holds more.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Rifles aren't SIDEARMS!

If I can shoot it one handed, it is a sidearm, look at Steve McQueen's Mare's Leg (or for the SciFi connection, Zoe Washburne's Mare's Leg)

damn fine sidearm, but not a pistol, nor is it quite a rifle
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#18]
definately the phaser, i could call it a cell phone, concealable, deadly...  Plus, getting wasted and stunning people would be great...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Phazers (atleast the majority of TNG and series thereafter versions) didn't have sights and were completely unergonomic.  Dunno how the fak long those guys had to train with those to be able to hit a green headed targ at twenty feet.  The tell is that Rodenbury didn't want them to look like guns.

I always just assume that they have some sort of holographic red dot visible only to the user floating above the phaser to serve as a sight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#20]
No love for Hellboy's "pistol"?  Called "The Samaritan"...

Pic 1

Pic 2
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Phase plasma rifle in the 40watt range

Good answer.

I like the multi-function arm gun they had in The Fifth Element (it was just on). I like the way it retracts into its own protective pod.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
A lightsaber.

Yes this is the ultimate, why is it not in the poll?!?!?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Phaser would be my choice.  The selection that destroys the body is called Disintegrate.

I th ink on one episode that was an 'illegal' phaser

Letting my nerdom show.  Several episodes of both the original series and TNG showed Starfleet personel vaporizing people and aliens without doing anything more than dialing it up.

The 'disruptor' was either a Klingon or Cardassian weapon that was illegal in the Federation.  Seem to recall a DS9 episode were they pointed this out.  Quark might have been moving them through the station.

[geekmode] I believe the weapon he is refering to is the 'Beron T Disruptor'.  There were only five ever made.  I own four of them.  I sleep with one under my pillow, and I sleep very well knowing it's there. [/geekmode]

CO
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Does the Chronoscepter from Turok : Dinosaur hunter count as a sidearm?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry to mess with your fun, but the definetion of side arm,

side arm
Function: noun
: a weapon (as a sword, revolver, or bayonet) worn at the side or in the belt

just doesn't fit with some of the large weapons you've all been suggesting.  I want the original star trek phaser, the small one that looked like a cell phone.

My second choice is the Zat gun, but only because the stun setting is also the Pain setting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
SG-1 Zat Gun.........The same effect as the Phaser......and I like the sound and looks better.

It just takes a few extra shots get there. One hit stuns, two hits kills, three hits vaporizes their ass.

+1

It seems to be the only thing thats hits anything!!!!!!!!

Every looked at the hit/miss ratio in the other shows?  

What good is a "ray gun" of any sort when it can't be targeted with any accuracy?

Zat Gun  then it you hit you buddy they are only stunned on the first shot then go back and douple zap the BG

Douple Zap.......new terminalogy, as in......."Heh, lets go DZ that BG"

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Does the Chronoscepter from Turok : Dinosaur hunter count as a sidearm?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Either the BFG 9,000 or the Soul Cube from Doom III.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Definitely the Star Trek Phaser.  You can set it for kill or for roofies.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Jayne's favorite gun from Firefly. I don't remember what he named her.

Vera.  A tarted up Saiga 12:

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Kirk's favorite toy please, the "cricket" phaser. The ultimate CCW weapon.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'll take one BlasTech DL-44 "Heavy', if you please:

shop.starwars.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=1638_f;key2=-100_f

Sheep

there was a firing replica on gunbroker a month ago,

eta: a converted broomhandle in 7.62 not laser pulsed or whatever!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#35]
we gotta mention a rifle .. the TR-116  (STDSN)

I wish there was a better linkable foto on the net....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Zat or Lightsaber.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Put me down for a lightsaber as well.

Particularly Darth Vader's lightsaber . . .  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Some better pics of Ezri and her TR-116

An experimental weapon developed by Starfleet Security. It fires tritanium projectiles propelled by expanding gases from a chemical detonation. This rifle was designed for use in areas of high electromagnetic (EM) interference (whether artificial or natural) that would render phasers useless, but was dropped in favour of regenerative phasers. Access to the replicator pattern for this design is restricted to Starfleet officers.

One unique aspect of the gun is its Exographic Targeting System, a separate sighting device which communicates with the weapon. The operator wears a wire frame helmet with a monocle attached over one eye, and moves a mouse trackball (mounted on both sides of the weapon, making it ambidextrous) located on the rifle to zoom in to the target. The magazine is contained in the forward handgrip under the barrel, being removed by releasing a catch and sliding it forward.

In 2375, one of these rifles was modified on Deep Space Nine with a micro-transporter connected near the barrel exit. The rifle dematerialized the bullet after firing and rematerialized it just in front of the target, and could possibly have done it inside the victim. The person responsible, a traumatized Vulcan officer, murdered several Starfleet personnel before being wounded by another modified TR-116 and taken into custody.

Notes  
Seen in DS9's "Field of Fire." Essentially a McGuffin to provide the perfect 'locked-room' mystery, and an SF variant on the cold, calculating sniper/assassin, watching his oblivious prey. Why couldn't they have it using an electromagnetic propulsion system, making it a 'Gaussrifle' or 'Rail Gun' - and therefore much more futuristic? Because the bodies needed to have powder burns suggesting they had been shot at close range when it was patently impossible for them to have been. . .

It could be that this rifle was designed with the Borg in mind, since projectiles have been proved effective against them - although the bullets were holographic in nature, which might have made a difference. Plus, the stand-off capability of the modified weapon could be used to hit a drone before it is aware it is being shot at - Seven of Nine has been able to block phaser beams while looking elsewhere, but she must have been subliminally aware of them. Surely not even the Borg could anticipate being shot through a wall. . . However, since it utilises a transporter, the modified TR-116 would be easily blocked by a force-field. . . and how detectable is the scanner/x-ray effect? More to the point, how often have we seen areas where phasers are useless? The only times I can recall (and that others have reminded me of) are Chekov's weapon in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, artificial damping fields in DS9's "Blood Oath" and Voyager's "Future's End," plus interference caused by the Iconian gate in DS9's "To The Death."

In the DS9 episode "Business as Usual," made nearly two years prior to "Field of Fire," one of the weapons sold by Hagath is quite plainly the TR-116 prop, but with components in different shades of grey (as opposed to the uniform gunmetal of the Starfleet weapon). This has now been revealed to be a Breen disruptor rifle (since as everyone knows, in Star Trek: Generations it's revealed they're one of three Alpha Quadrant races to use such weapons). With the appearance of the Breen in the "Final Chapter" of DS9, we get the chance to see the refrigerated warriors carrying the weapon themselves.

Most interestingly, the gun-muzzle assembly is absent from the Breen rifle. . . Which must mean the whole assembly is intended to represent the microtransporter, and that the 'real' TR-116 might not have any sort of muzzle assembly (such as a muzzle-flash suppressor, or another entirely different sensor-aiming package); or, was it a simple bit of kitbashing to differentiate it from a prop seen briefly in an older episode. . ? On the other hand, the killer's weapon's muzzle assembly is identical, so unless Starfleet has a standard-issue Microtransporter for fitting on the ends of guns, the issue remains open.

Fritz
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#39]
The blasters in star wars were terrible.

People would be staning out in the open without the thought of concealment or cover and you were still  capable of missing standing 3 feet away.

Another vote for the light saber.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd have one of those needle guns from Halo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Airsoft Eotech, lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
A lightsaber.

And the Force to use it to deflect blaster bolts, laser beams, phased plasma in the 40 watt range, and thrown midgets dwarfs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I feel nerdier by clicking on this thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The stun feature on the phaser would be very useful.

Having trouble getting laid?

Let me be the first to mention the issue sidearm from Battlestar Galactica.  Otherwise known as a FN 5.7 with a nice little grenade launcher on for killing toasters!
Stargate Atlantis has some nice stun weapons now too.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A lightsaber.

+eleventybillion

A more civilized weapon for a more civilized age.  Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

[Han Solo] Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side kid [/Han Solo]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#47]
The BFG from doom
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top