Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anything, as long as it high velocity clips on it.

And is made of 100% real beef, of course.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
BEANIE BABIES AND BEEF JERKY >>>>

I would also make all the thugs listen to my stories about my adventures being a Army Ranger Green Beret Seal Team Scout / Sniper!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thankfully will never have to do this but I would want a FN PS90 SBR suppressed with as many mags as I could fit in my backpack..Or a 5.7 pistol
You plan on pissing off a whole buncha Ghetto Goblins?

I wouldn't want to take around from one little alone 5 or 10 or them.. I picked those because it is the most ammo for a concealable platform.. My first plan would be to avoid at all cost any contact with any one.. but if I have to go hot, I want ammo....

But if 5 5.7's are required instead of 2  5.56's, your ammo advantage just inverted...

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys picking your loadout have no comprehension of the amount of firepower they have down there.  It is truly staggering.

In one basement alone I saw well over 100 firearms ranging from handguns to fully automatic long guns.  Oh, and an absolute no fear of the law.  So much so that the cat that was buying an AK took it outside in the driveway at NOON and let thirty rounds rip into the air with it.  Then proceeded to finger fuck it for ten minutes right there in the open.  He decided to buy it and threw it in his trunk.  And this was on 7 mile road.  Just a mile inside the border of Detroit, this wasn't downtown, this wasn't in a factory district.  It was in a burb sprawl of detroit that is now ghetto, but still a place where fuckers mow their lawn and paint their street numbers on the curb.

-V

First off why were you where you were? Secondly Detroit stories are always funny.... or sad, one of the two.

Guy I used to work with that lives in Michigan now ran with the Latin Kings in New York where he grew up, he had a perfectly awesome AK that I would have been happy to buy, except dumbass filed the serial numbers off when he still lived in New York.  Anyway, he wanted to ditch the gun and get a hand gun.  His biker neighbor knows a bunch of different gun dealers, but work guy wanted me to go with him to make sure he wasn't getting set up.  I was at his place drinking beers anyway so I fent.

We get to this crib off of 7 mile and the homeowner leads us into the basement, the place is STACKED with new and used firearms... Every single one of them HOT AS HELL.

You need to pick three things when you go down there.

1. New or Used

2. Handgun or Rifle

3. Cold or Hot (not used in a crime/used in a crime)

That is it.  

Anyway, homeowner says to my coworker, "What the fuck I want another AK for?  I already got 30 of 'em."  My friend is bummed but this other dude there wants to look at it and that is how we wound up outside with brothaman firing it off into the air, playing with it, and finally throwing it into his trunk.  My coworker left with a shiny new .38 revolver still in its original box and 20 rounds of ammunition.

A lot of dumb going on that day, but ironically I was probably in the safest house in that neighborhood.

-V

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys picking your loadout have no comprehension of the amount of firepower they have down there.  It is truly staggering.

In one basement alone I saw well over 100 firearms ranging from handguns to fully automatic long guns.  Oh, and an absolute no fear of the law.  So much so that the cat that was buying an AK took it outside in the driveway at NOON and let thirty rounds rip into the air with it.  Then proceeded to finger fuck it for ten minutes right there in the open.  He decided to buy it and threw it in his trunk.  And this was on 7 mile road.  Just a mile inside the border of Detroit, this wasn't downtown, this wasn't in a factory district.  It was in a burb sprawl of detroit that is now ghetto, but still a place where fuckers mow their lawn and paint their street numbers on the curb.

-V

First off why were you where you were? Secondly Detroit stories are always funny.... or sad, one of the two.

I'm guessing he's a cop.   Or code enforcement.   One of the two.

Edited.  Nope ,  he's just nuts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
SBR AR with a happy switch and a can.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Desperado

I think that everything there is *technically* over the counter to one degree or another.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Guy I used to work with that lives in Michigan now ran with the Latin Kings in New York where he grew up, he had a perfectly awesome AK that I would have been happy to buy, except dumbass filed the serial numbers off when he still lived in New York.  Anyway, he wanted to ditch the gun and get a hand gun.  His biker neighbor knows a bunch of different gun dealers, but work guy wanted me to go with him to make sure he wasn't getting set up.  I was at his place drinking beers anyway so I fent.

We get to this crib off of 7 mile and the homeowner leads us into the basement, the place is STACKED with new and used firearms... Every single one of them HOT AS HELL.

1. New or Used

2. Handgun or Rifle

That is it.  

Anyway, homeowner says to my coworker, "What the fuck I want another AK for?  I already got 30 of 'em."  My friend is bummed but this other dude there wants to look at it and that is how we wound up outside with brothaman firing it off into the air, playing with it, and finally throwing it into his trunk.  My coworker left with a shiny new .38 revolver still in its original box and 20 rounds of ammunition.

A lot of dumb going on that day, but ironically I was probably in the safest house in that neighborhood.

-V

Why the fuck would you associate with those type of people?

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I thankfully will never have to do this but I would want a FN PS90 SBR suppressed with as many mags as I could fit in my backpack..Or a 5.7 pistol
You plan on pissing off a whole buncha Ghetto Goblins?

I wouldn't want to take around from one little alone 5 or 10 or them.. I picked those because it is the most ammo for a concealable platform.. My first plan would be to avoid at all cost any contact with any one.. but if I have to go hot, I want ammo....

But if 5 5.7's are required instead of 2  5.56's, your ammo advantage just inverted...

Well the fast fallow up shots and being able to hide it is still a plus.. FTR. I don't own any weapons in 5.7 and if I did here in Nevada it would be a bolt guns.. This is just a what would you want scenario.. and this is what I would want.. You can pick anything YOU want.. If my choice got me killed you could say Well I told him and he wouldn't listen..
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Dress shoes, dress pants, polo shirt, and movie quality Obama mask.

They'd be killin each other to bring me bitches, food, and 40's of Old English.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well the fast fallow up shots and being able to hide it is still a plus.. FTR. I don't own any weapons in 5.7 and if I did here in Nevada it would be a bolt guns.. This is just a what would you want scenario.. and this is what I would want.. You can pick anything YOU want.. If my choice got me killed you could say "Well I told him and he wouldn't listen...  Oh cool! more guns!"

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. New or Used

2. Handgun or Rifle

That is it.  

-V

Why not?  My coworker used to run with the Latin Kings, he doesn't anymore.  He has recently had all his ink covered, has a wife, three kids, trying to be straight but still does stupid shit.  Whatever.  This guy will give you the shirt off of his back and do anything for you.

Hell, my dad has breakfast with high ranking members of the outlaws or the vigilantes at least once a week, with whom depends on the day.

I've had big assed prime rib dinners several times at various M/C club parties too...  whatever

-V

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I would first call in an airdrop of plastic "gold" chains with medalions and clocks hanging from them, mixed in with some popeyes chicken, and some fake loius vuitton gear to distract the masses and just stroll through unarmed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dress shoes, dress pants, polo shirt, and movie quality Obama mask.

They'd be killin each other to bring me bitches, food, and 40's of Old English.

Don't knock the Old English....

Actually, Im more of a Mickey's or Colt 45 guy.

-V

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]

The new Kel-tec shotgun and a Glock 21.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Why would I be going all the way East to Downtown? What possible route would take me that way? I guess I'd carry what I carry in Detroit every day. A handgun with an extra magazine, and if I have to go through downtown, I'll obviously be on Jefferson, so I'll be avoiding most of the rough areas anyway. It'd be a lot worse if I had to go through SW or NW Detroit. Thank God for your lack of geographical knowledge!
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#17]

...and the M4-2K suppressor once the stamp comes back.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm picturing scenes from Blackhawk Down.

Whatever worked in Mogadishu should be fine for Detroit.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
NO Mini guns,rpgs or other BS like that. Over the counter gun shop gear only.

You must traverse Detroit , you will be passing thru downtown and rough parts of the hoods, in total 20 miles...you can only have what you can carry on your person and in a small college type packback , and also long guns you can shoulder. Assume this is a small SHTF situation where police are busy with other larger issues and not responding quickly.

Go!

G17
Sub2000 G17 model that uses same mags with 4x optics
Ruger Mark III supressed
SBR AR Supressed
Packapack full of pmags and g18 mags

Illegal in Michigan. Might as well allow the inclusion of miniguns and RPGs.

Me? I'd bring "friends with guns". Probably a caravan full.

On my person? One long gun, probably an AR, with as many magazines as could be carried plus my "everyday gun" a Walther P99 9mm with one spare magazine.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd be carrying my M16A1 with its 11½ inch upper installed.
I have 5 SAW magazine pouches.  They each can hold six 30 round magazines.  I'd be wearing two of the pouches on my web belt and the others hanging on my ALICE pack.  Inside the backpack I'd keep my C-Mag and as much ammo as reasonable on stripper clips.

For close in work I have my Glock 17 and its 19 magazines; 17 standard 17 round capacity and the two new 33 round capacity.  I'd have my Glock wearing its suppressor, too.

That's what I have and willing to carry.

I'm hereby waiting for our resident Kloset Klansmen to say that their carrying a couple of basketballs to throw to the crowd(s) while their reloading.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Pistol caliber SBR carbine with folding stock, I think. Plus a bugout bag.

The popo might have other things to worry about, but if they see some guy strolling down the street with an AR in a tactical sling, odds are they're going to take notice. So it needs to be concealable under a coat, but hopefully with more firepower than a pistol. Maybe you can get away with a folder AK and a trenchcoat, depending on the time of the year.

With 20 miles of walking odds are you'll have to lay up a night, unless you're going to jack a car or get on the light rail. So some water and food and something warm for the night when you choose a layup point would be good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Stryker with remote controlled AA-12s...
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A fucking Mech.

Screw that! You're on your own!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Glock 17
10/22 with folding stock and red dot scope or SB AR15
Ruger MkIII and a bunch of mags
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
For that matter, since it's been stated I have to go through downtown, why not just swim across to Windsor? The whole scenario just doesn't make sense. is the OP saying that we have to go from Wyandotte to Warren or something? Why would a severely depopulated city like Detroit be any more dangerous than any other in a SHTF scenario, where all the residents are trying to get out? Wouldn't it arguably be *less* dangerous to walk across the City while everyone is leaving?

I live in Hamtramck. I've lived in SW Detroit, WSU area, NE Detroit, and everywhere in between. I have to say, if there's a "minor SHTF" scenario, I'll just stay home. As far as arms, I can't see how I'd be less conspicuous carrying a long gun rather than my normal concealed pistol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#27]

OK...  I will go with this then.. Will it take the surefire 60rd mags?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

OK...  I will go with this then.. Will it take the surefire 60rd mags?

The one I'm building will...

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]
AR SBR with 7.5 barrel in 6.8, aimpoint, lots of mags

HKUSP45 with 4 mags

night vision
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Ripped clothes left in a cat litter box for a week, black plastic garbage bag to hide your back-pack, a hand full of playground dirt rubbed in your hair/hands/face, patroleum jelly smeared over smudges from a red marker in random places, shuffeling walk while looking in sewer grates and a constant stream of profanitly laced rantings about your mother.

You won't need a gun at all.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#31]
To all the guys thinking they'll be packing silencers and short barreled rifles and shotguns you should know that they are illegal in Michigan.

You can't bring silencers or short-barreled long guns into this state.

Detroit PD, the Wayne County Sherrif department, and the Michigan State Police will make the time to find you no matter how busy they are.

You'll not only be battling the natives but the cavalry will be going out of their way to fuck you over, too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
To all the guys thinking they'll be packing silencers and short barreled rifles and shotguns you should know that they are illegal in Michigan.

Detroit PD, the Wayne County Sherrif department, and the Michigan State Police will make the time to find you no matter how busy they are.

You'll not only be battling the natives but the cavalry will be going out of their way to fuck you over, too.

Then I don't want to play anymore!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ripped clothes left in a cat litter box for a week, black plastic garbage bag to hide your back-pack, a hand full of playground dirt rubbed in your hair/hands/face, patroleum jelly smeared over smudges from a red marker in random places, shuffeling walk while looking in sewer grates and a constant stream of profanitly laced rantings about your mother.

But seriously, if you want to get through a bad area look like and act like you are crazy.  Mutter to yourself, talk to trees and the sidewalk.  No one will bother you then.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I cannot imagine a scenario where I would need to traverse ALL of Detroit, on foot, SHTF or not.

What, am I on some kind religious pilgrimage or LOTR-type quest?

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd bring this so all my bud's could enjoy the ride as well

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#37]
AR-15 with 16" barrel and Trijicon ACOG, S&W M&P9 secondary.

One Killdozer - won't take me long to cut a swath of Mayhem
I don't break for hoodrats!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#38]
One (with half a brain) does NOT go out, during such a situation.

Prepare for..........

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Suppressed glock 17 and a bunch of 33 round mags and a good cover garment.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

An M4 is just fine.

That, and good body armor.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
One (with half a brain) does NOT go out, during such a situation.

Prepare for..........

Aloha, Mark

My Grandfather did in the last riots, the WWII vets lined up on one overpass, the police were on the next overpass behind them.  Guess were the riots stopped.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A fucking Mech.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. New or Used
2. Handgun or Rifle

That is it.  

-V

Why not?  My coworker used to run with the Latin Kings, he doesn't anymore.  He has recently had all his ink covered, has a wife, three kids, trying to be straight but still does stupid shit.  Whatever.  This guy will give you the shirt off of his back and do anything for you.

Hell, my dad has breakfast with high ranking members of the outlaws or the vigilantes at least once a week, with whom depends on the day.

I've had big assed prime rib dinners several times at various M/C club parties too...  whatever

-V

I can't wait to hear what stupid prize you are going to win.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#44]
ar15
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

How about an AR Pistol and a half dozen full magazines.  It's SHTF, so I'm not so sure what the laws say applies at the moment anyway. IF the popo was around to arrest my ass, they'd be around to arrest the people I'd need the gun for.

Detroit and MI in general is about the last place on earth I am getting anywhere near anyway, so the point is moot. (Though, I might make a small business gathering salt from one of the salt mines to sell.)

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
yall are doin it wrong.

dark brown shoe polish, baggy pants, a skully, and a g-lock fotay.

also a 1981 pos buick regal on 24"

stealth how does it work?

I'm bringing a fat blonde and a basketball. I can turn any potential foe into friend with one or both.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would first call in an airdrop of plastic "gold" chains with medalions and clocks hanging from them, mixed in with some popeyes chicken, and some fake loius vuitton gear to distract the masses and just stroll through unarmed.

[insert "thats racest" gif here]

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#48]
A Marine Corps Weapons Company.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But seriously, if you want to get through a bad area look like and act like you are crazy.  Mutter to yourself, talk to trees and the sidewalk.  No one will bother you then.

still wont work if you are white
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top