Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:35:22 AM EDT
It doesn't make sense to me yet but last month right after my GF's period she started feeling all down and got all upset.  Now this month on about the same day the same kinda behavior started up again.

Now does birth control pills have anything to do with this? I know yesterday was the first day she started taking the pill again after the 7 day break.  Could the hormones from the pill kicking in effect any of this?

weird pattern!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Could be, you might gently remind her or suggest to her to up her Vitamin B6 - it seems to help me keep things under control.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could be, you might gently remind her or suggest to her to up her Vitamin B6 - it seems to help me keep things under control.

Patty

Gently being the key word.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Wise man!  Best do so while offering chocolate.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd suggest not referring to any kind of pills a woman takes as "your crazy pills."  Don't ask me how I know.  

Right. They are correctly called "more crazy pills". They are already crazy, the pills just make them more so.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd suggest not referring to any kind of pills a woman takes as "your crazy pills."  Don't ask me how I know.  

GONZO'S MEMO PAD:

1.   Pick up suits at the dry-cleaner.

2.   Go to the grocery store.

3.   Buy new keyboard to replace the old one destroyed by involuntary laughter coffee spray.

4.   Plot sweet revenge against thebeekeeper1 for causing #3, above.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right. They are correctly called "more crazy pills". They are already crazy, the pills just make them more so.

yes and how is that life of celibacy going for you?  Or better yet, have you made your political donation to the gays for marriage campaign?  

TBK1 too funny!  Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Birth control pills can make women all kinds a crazy, mood swings can get very dramatic.

Some of us can’t take them.
Personally they caused me to get very angry and out of control.

I took them for a long time, only to find out when I stopped I didn’t feel all the rage I had felt while on the pill. I calmed down a lot. My mood swings mellowed out as well.

A general moodiness can just be PMS.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#9]
The wife didn't get PMS but got very "weepy".
When the BC pills affected her menstrual cycle the "weepiness" became more frequent.
I'm so glad I got a vasectomy
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes and how is that life of celibacy going for you?  Or better yet, have you made your political donation to the gays for marriage campaign?  

TBK1 too funny!  Patty

I get laid plenty, thank you very much. And I am not even tied down to a girlfriend or wife. Life is good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Better yet coat them in Chocolate..
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Wrapping the pill in cheese also makes it easier...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm so glad I got a vasectomy

There's a sigline
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Women, I've got the plumbing figured out, it's the wiring I don't get...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TBK1 too funny!  Patty

I get laid plenty, thank you very much. And I am not even tied down to a girlfriend or wife. Life is good.

How special for you.  Do you find that calluses give you extra pleasure?  Listen, we can banter back and forth if you like but the fact is - not all women are evil.  Granted we do have from time to time [all of us] have the hokey pokey played with the hormones.  Its not fun to be on either end.  Its a lot nicer having a supportive spouse see you through it then a jack ass that is happily single yet getting "laid" plenty.  For Christ sakes if all you see women good for is to get laid, you're better off with a knot hole in a tree.

Patty

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TBK1 too funny!  Patty

How special for you.  Do you find that calluses give you extra pleasure?  Listen, we can banter back and forth if you like but the fact is - not all women are evil.  Granted we do have from time to time [all of us] have the hokey pokey played with the hormones.  Its not fun to be on either end.  Its a lot nicer having a supportive spouse see you through it then a jack ass that is happily single yet getting "laid" plenty.  For Christ sakes if all you see women good for is to get laid, you're better off with a knot hole in a tree.
Patty

Yeah, they're good for making sammiches too!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TBK1 too funny!  Patty

Patty

I see that it bothers you that I am not in a committed relationship yet still get to enjoy the sexual pleasures of the female body. It works for me, and it works for them, so what's the problem?

I have no use for a committed relationship. And believe it or not, but there are women who don't either. It works for us, why does that bother you?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#20]

NEVER fails - exactly three days before my wife's, we have a fight.  It has gotten to the point that when we have a fight, I go and check her BC day and inevitably it is always right on the money.  Which, this just makes things worse
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TBK1 too funny!  Patty

Patty

Yeah, they're good for making sammiches too!

HOUSECLEANING!!! You forgot housecleaning - if I could get my house to clean itself, I'd probably be single....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
NEVER fails - exactly three days before my wife's, we have a fight.  It has gotten to the point that when we have a fight, I go and check her BC day and inevitably it is always right on the money.  Which, this just makes things worse

Weird huh,

I was just gathering all her shit up in a box so i could just give it to her and say thats it take your crap and get out.

Then I picked up a few gifts she gave me and I just decided maybe this isn't the nicest thing to do to a woman that i really care about.

hopefully this is all just related to hormones?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weird huh,

I was just gathering all her shit up in a box so i could just give it to her and say thats it take your crap and get out.

Then I picked up a few gifts she gave me and I just decided maybe this isn't the nicest thing to do to a woman that i really care about.

Be steadfast man.  I have felt similarly a few times when she has gone completely bonkers out of her mind - and I have had to tell myself that it really is the hormones, because it really is.  Every now and then a woman can seriously simply become another person under the influence of one of the curses due to the 'original sin'.  I hope Patty doesn't read this  

The things is - once they start to realize that maybe they are going a little mad during this time, although they won't necessarily admit it, they will start to understand and try to act before/afterwards accordingly to smooth the waters a little more.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted: I see that it bothers you that I am not in a committed relationship yet still get to enjoy the sexual pleasures of the female body. It works for me, and it works for them, so what's the problem?

I have no use for a committed relationship. And believe it or not, but there are women who don't either. It works for us, why does that bother you?

Because its immoral and I doubt the women you're screwing have no hopes or expectations.  But I could be wrong there.   I live in a very conservative, very isolated area.  In my neck of the woods, women do not screw around just for pleasure with any tom dick or harry.  All women I know who are sexually active are looking for a relationship.  Pretty pathetic in its own right.

But, with that said, I'm not your typical feminine nazi either.  I just hate seeing men who lump all women in as nothing more than a sex object.  Sex is great.  I'm all for it.  However if all you're looking for is a place to deposit your load then I have a problem with it.  Quite frankly if you have such low respect [as your previous post have indicated] for women then how the heck do you even get an errection?  

Lastly, immoral sexual relations lead to disease and unwanted pregnancies.  It isn't harmless and truly the only way of preventing either is abstaining.  

All I'm asking is show a little respect.  We can't be too bad if you're willing to screw us.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Seriously Vitamin B6 - its your friend.  Trust me, I know and I'm one of the easy ones to get a long with during my 'curse' period!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The things is - once they start to realize that maybe they are going a little mad during this time, although they won't necessarily admit it, they will start to understand and try to act before/afterwards accordingly to smooth the waters a little more

Absolutely....

A kiss, a hug, and the phrase "go take ten (minutes)" works wonders at my domicile around that time of the month.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#27]
It's nice that you noticed .  Yes, pills can effect a woman's moods.  If she has depression, the pills can make it worse.  BTDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

I keep a stash of chocolate hidden in the house and my truck at all times.  You never know when you might need it.

I should add some to my BOB to assure she doesn't kill me during a SHTF situation.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#31]
A question, since I am not a doctor and don't play one on TV... or sleep at Holiday Inn...

Why do American women still use BCPs?  There have been at least a couple of different BC methods available in Europe for 10-15 years that work as well as birth control and don't give you PMS.

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
A question, since I am not a doctor and don't play one on TV... or sleep at Holiday Inn...

Why do American women still use BCPs?  There have been at least a couple of different BC methods available in Europe for 10-15 years that work as well as birth control and don't give you PMS.

Just wondering.

such as?  I've never heard of an alternative or one that has been approved.  Luckily for me, I sent the husband to the vet after the birth of my youngest and got him fixed.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
hole myself up in the bedroom and handcuff myself to the bed, with duct tape over my mouth for 3 days

...Im sorry, what were we talking about?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Just wondering.

The shot can wreck havoc on your system as well as Norplant which I think has been discontinued due to complications with removal and scarring.  My wife tried the shot and all she did was spot daily and have acne breakouts.  Not good if you ask me.  The pill works good for her and she is the lucky one that doesn't suffer from PMS.  I guess I'm lucky too!  It's all hormones no matter which way you take it unless you're talkin IUDs but then that can be seen as a type of abortion.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Some of you people crack me up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hole myself up in the bedroom and handcuff myself to the bed, with duct tape over my mouth for 3 days

...Im sorry, what were we talking about?

Oh please.  It's not like you'd know what to do with that.

Lightweight.

Yeah, Id skip the duct tape - cant be too limiting
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes the Pill can cause this.  A good punch in the face usually fixes thing up for a bit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#41]
"Weird woman pattern"

Hmmmmm, that's redundant. How about:

"Weird woman"

Hmmmmmmm, that's redundant, too. How about just:

"Woman"

I get it now! You have discovered women!

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#42]

+

+

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With the wife sitting just a few feet away, it's really hard to keep a straight face. If you don't hear from me anymore tonight, you know that I couldn't keep it together.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Some are worse than others.. Depends on the woman which make her loopier.  If she's really bad and can admit it without tearing your head off, maybe she should talk to her doc about switching to another pill.    B6 helps A LOT, the ladies know whereof they speak, but they're still going through more hormonal shifts in one month than we will go through ever.

You ladies heard of the Nuva Ring?

No pills to take.  Swap a small (2" or so) soft plastic ring once a month.  Lowest hormone dose available for hormonal birth control, same hormones as the pill, less daily fluctuation in levels. Clinical trials show better effectiveness than the pill primarily due to the pill being susceptible to gastric disturbance and user error.

My ladyfriend's been on it about 6 months, no real complaints.  The ring is about like one of those jelly bracelets, only half the size.  Once it's in, she can't feel it and neither can I.  Stays in for three weeks, out for a week, switch to a new one.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Some are worse than others.. Depends on the woman which make her loopier.  If she's really bad and can admit it without tearing your head off, maybe she should talk to her doc about switching to another pill.    B6 helps A LOT, the ladies know whereof they speak, but they're still going through more hormonal shifts in one month than we will go through ever.

No pills to take.  Swap a small (2" or so) soft plastic ring once a month.  Lowest hormone dose available for hormonal birth control, same hormones as the pill, less daily fluctuation in levels. Clinical trials show better effectiveness than the pill primarily due to the pill being susceptible to gastric disturbance and user error.

My ladyfriend's been on it about 6 months, no real complaints.  The ring is about like one of those jelly bracelets, only half the size.  Once it's in, she can't feel it and neither can I.  Stays in for three weeks, out for a week, switch to a new one.

www.firstlove.ch/images/original/nuvaring_product01.jpg

Yea but how effective is it?  THere's a woman in the woman's forum preggo right now that was using one.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weird huh,

I'm so glad I'm single.

Next time I think about getting hooked up, I'm gonna read this thread--I'll save a copy of it to my hard drive.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#49]
That is weird to me.  I only get that way before my period.  One month i will be bitchy and the next i will be all emotional. It is the birth control though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.firstlove.ch/images/original/nuvaring_product01.jpg

Yea but how effective is it?  THere's a woman in the woman's forum preggo right now that was using one.

Patty

WHOA, really??

The hormone is supposed to be as effective as the pill, and it's supposed to benefit statistically from ease of use.  The number I've heard is 99.9%.  It's supposedly better where pills can become ineffective, like during antibiotic therapy.  

Lauren had one "scare" at the clinic though, there was a woman who was trying to use it like a diaphragm.  She got lucky.  

She just said there haven't been any surprise pregnancies in PP's patients in northern NJ using the ring.. I wonder what happened
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top