BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It seems to me that people always pick cool and interesting things when they "discover" their past life. Most of human history has been a struggle to get enough to eat and make it through the winter. I would say the vast majority of past lives would be be the life of a dirt farmer.

+1. You  never hear of anyone claiming to be a piss boy and fulling wool.

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

http://www.dhm.de/lemo/objekte/pict/f60_1237/index.jpg

No joke.  When I was about 12 I had a series of dreams over the course of like a month or two where I lived out his last week of life.  I dreamed about him saying goodbye to his family and friends, putting on the uniform of a Wehrmacht guy, being hailed and arrested by a group of Russians dressed as British soldiers (I remember that the dream-me couldn't understand what they were saying, but I, as the person dreaming, could; just like my companions:  They were speaking German and the person in my dream could understand and answer them while I'm going "WTF is he on about??"

The dream ended with some dude yelling at me to "stand here, right f'ing here!  Look up!  Open your mouth, now!" and me biting down on something that filled my mouth with an acrid coffee-like taste.

About a year later, when my family finally moved into the 21st Century and got cable, I saw him on TV and realized what I had dreamed.  I scooped up books on the Third Reich and on him in particular and it makes my skin crawl.  To this day I swear was fucking there and remember even the smell of rotting livestock and burnt gunpowder in the air; and a very rich earthy smell from the ground having been shredded by arty-fire––kind of like the smell of rain mixed with mown grass.
ok then

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know if I was reincarnated.

But I went to Normandy, France a couple years ago on my birthday which is June 3 around the same time as the Invasion.  

Honest to God, I had the feeling I had been there before.  But strangely not as a soldier, but as a resident.  The farm houses in the hedge rows felt familiar and I had a very profound sence of peace and contentment.  I had day dreams of summer there on a farm, a feeling of childhood and adolescence.  Just like I do when I go to my home in Montana.   Some of my ancestors were French so I wonder if it is something in my genes, or in my blood.  Or maybe it is something much more spiritual.

If I ever won the Lottery I would buy a farm house there, I have promised myself that.

It might just be Normandie, I'm biased because it's home, but even my American dad is head over heels in love with the place. When I'm there, it's like being around my Mom. Everything is good, safe and happy. I love every clod of dirt in the Val de Saire and every little green cider apple. I love the dark grey ocean, the wild hazlenuts and the feeling that every rock and every streamlet is alive. If I believed in such things, I'd say there's magic there, or that it's the center of the world.

It's a beautiful piece of real estate fertilized with dead Nazis. It doesn't get much better than that.

And fertilized with the blood of heroes, don't forget why the Nazis lost. If the Nazis had won, or the war had lasted much longer, I'm pretty sure my Mom would not have survived.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't believe in re-incarnation, but if I did....I must have been some rich asshole, because now I'm a poor nice guy.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No joke.  When I was about 12 I had a series of dreams over the course of like a month or two where I lived out his last week of life.  I dreamed about him saying goodbye to his family and friends, putting on the uniform of a Wehrmacht guy, being hailed and arrested by a group of Russians dressed as British soldiers (I remember that the dream-me couldn't understand what they were saying, but I, as the person dreaming, could; just like my companions:  They were speaking German and the person in my dream could understand and answer them while I'm going "WTF is he on about??"

The dream ended with some dude yelling at me to "stand here, right f'ing here!  Look up!  Open your mouth, now!" and me biting down on something that filled my mouth with an acrid coffee-like taste.

About a year later, when my family finally moved into the 21st Century and got cable, I saw him on TV and realized what I had dreamed.  I scooped up books on the Third Reich and on him in particular and it makes my skin crawl.  To this day I swear was fucking there and remember even the smell of rotting livestock and burnt gunpowder in the air; and a very rich earthy smell from the ground having been shredded by arty-fire––kind of like the smell of rain mixed with mown grass.

If I were  you, I'd have kept this one to myself...

Don't listen to this tool.  You can share whatever you want in this thread.  Thank you.

FWIW:  Himmler was only good at killing innocent civilians.  When given the opportunity to command troops in actual combat he feigned illness and checked himself into a sanitorium.  It seems he had no stomach for being in a real war.  Himmler was nothing more than a mass-murderer and anyone who has fantacies about being the reincarnation of this "TOOL" should think about checking into a sanitorium too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I were  you, I'd have kept this one to myself...

Don't listen to this tool.  You can share whatever you want in this thread.  Thank you.

FWIW:  Himmler was only good at killing innocent civilians.  When given the opportunity to command troops in actual combat he feigned illness and checked himself into a sanitorium.  It seems he had no stomach for being in a real war.  Himmler was nothing more than a mass-murderer and anyone who has fantacies about being the reincarnation of this "TOOL" should think about checking into a sanitorium too.

I don't think anyone is having fantasies about that.  If he believes he is the reincarnation of that person, so be it.  Its reasonable to assume that Himmler may have reincarnated and just because someone used to be him doesn't mean they're now a mass murderer or look fondly upon his actions.  We are reborn to learn what we could not in our last life.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#7]
shawnofthedead -before he got foing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I must've been a breast-fed infant who died of starvation. Because I've got an unhealthy fixation on all things bewbie that can never be satisfied....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
don't know, but It must have been good, because i really got screwed in this one
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Apparently I told my mom about my "Other mom" when I was really young. I said "She was a crossing guard and when she died I came to you" I don't have any real memories of that except my mom telling me about it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I have had recurring dreams all my life of being a Roman soldier posted in what looks like ancient Africa. I've had these dreams before I even knew what a Roman soldier was.

Rarely I have also had dreams growing up on a farm in England circa 1600s before joining the Royal Navy. I think I served on a small vessel like a frigate as I remember passing other ships that towered over us.

Years ago I attended, with a Native American friend, a shamnistic ritual. The shaman "read" me and stated that I had a very old soul that travelled many paths.

I dont know- but eh- I figure when you die you will find out!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I must've been a soldier because when I was two all I kept thinking was shit not another war.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Always kings and princes and great warriors––never the ever-so-much-more-common commoner.  

If true, that would indicate they must have screwed  up pretty bad to come back in a "lower" form . . .

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top