Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
As a father of 3 girls I'm dreading the day...  guns may not work, but I was thinking a plastic lined trunk, a ball gag, big bottle of astroglide, and a cordless sawzall might do the trick if we ever get a shit bag brought home.

Raising them right to respect themselves seems the best path though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
People are beyond stupid.  This makes gun ownership look like cliched stereotypical kooks.  Instead of threatening a total stranger with murder, maybe don't raise your daughters to date scumbags.  If she isn't raised with any sense of good judgment, a threat like this will only give her all the more reason to date the scumbag.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a father of 3 girls I'm dreading the day...  guns may not work, but I was thinking a plastic lined trunk, a ball gag, big bottle of astroglide, and a cordless sawzall might do the trick if we ever get a shit bag brought home.

View Quote

I have a 17 year old daughter and raising her right has worked very well.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So one dumbass says it stupid and the whole thread follows like a bunch of goddamn sheep.

I have a gorgeous 18 year old daughter and it works just fine. Her BF immediately was respectful etc.  Stop with the Arfcom bandwagon you bunch of women!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
First girlfriends dad did this. He is a small town cop and didn't know I was a gun nut. Backfired on him. She turned into a wonderful but crazy ex.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So one dumbass says it stupid and the whole thread follows like a bunch of goddamn sheep.

I have a gorgeous 18 year old daughter and it works just fine. Her BF immediately was respectful etc.  Stop with the Arfcom bandwagon you bunch of women!!!!!
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Had it done, wouldn't ever do it. Thoought it was stupid at the time and still do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Dumb idea. The girl has the tools to take your power struggle farther than you.

Trying to intimidate her boyfriend is a great way to get him laid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I suspect it would work better if you only showed him the one pistol, while it was in his mouth.

Probably still not worth the bother, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As my dad always said/says

Don't let people know you have guns/where/how you keep them because they could come try to steal them.
View Quote

This, really.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Are you guys calling yourself the part in red?  
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm leaning toward stupid for legal reasons. "Putting the boy in his place" can turn into "felony assault of a minor with a firearm" if the boy has liberal shitbird parents, and/or, calls the cops from the dance. The Internet and the times has made kids think like that now days. Just look at "swatting" people they don't like from a video game...

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I won't do it, it's stupid. The first time I met my wife's father, he waited until she went to the bathroom and said "She's a sweet girl. If anyone ever hurt her I'd kill them." and then kind of stared at me. I said immediately "Don't worry about that. If anyone hurts her, they'll be killed and disposed of before you even know about it."  I figured out later that he was all talk anyway, but the look on his face was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm leaning toward stupid for legal reasons. "Putting the boy in his place" can turn into "felony assault of a minor with a firearm" if the boy has liberal shitbird parents, and/or, calls the cops from the dance. The Internet and the times has made kids think like that now days. Just look at "swatting" people they don't like from a video game...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention.... if you don't like the boyfriend, why show him what's worth stealing?
and yeah, good point with "swatting" and libtards.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
my FIL tried it when I started dating my wife, didnt work out considering I immediately offered to buy the ammo and go shooting with him.

So a question for ARF: have you had that "I'll be cleaning my guns"/ "these are my guns" father to boyfriend moment? And in today's climate would you do it to your daughters boyfriend? Or have you done it to the prospective boyfriend

For me, having them out and in hand is a no no. To easy to get charged in the wrong situation. If I have a daughter, I'll be tempted to have one in a holster and openly carried when the boy arrives, but my hands will go nowhere near it.

View Quote

This variation looks to be more effective, but more dangerous:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1741912_.html

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's dumb as fuck and makes a person look weak and fearful themselves, not intimidating.
View Quote

Yup.  My Ex gf's dad tried that stuff on me and I just looked at him funny.. then got a bj like 30 minutes later.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Had it done to me once. It was a real piece of crap .22lr. Like a Marlin 60 that was falling apart, I wanted to laugh as I already had several black rifles at age 17.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I've raised two wonderful daughters so I know what I'm talking about in this regard. Keep the guns in the safe but whisper in his ear that 'whatever he does to my daughter I'm going to do to him'.

Needless to say it worked every time but once. My youngest came home from the 'movies' and asked her mother to take her to get the 'plan B' pill in the morning. I didn't say a word, I just got up, drove to the young man's home, and plowed him right there on his porch. After he finished crying and was cleaning himself up I told him why I did it. He understood completely, and admitted he shouldn't have called my bluff. We shook hands and he went back into the house not just a little sore, but a little wiser as well. I'm proud to say that young man is now my son-in-law.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I wasn't, but my wife and daughters might agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I just grab the kid under his neck and hoist him up the wall with one arm, and, growl and sneer at him.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#22]
senseless intimidation, what if the BF shows his?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've raised two wonderful daughters so I know what I'm talking about in this regard. Keep the guns in the safe but whisper in his ear that 'whatever he does to my daughter I'm going to do to him'.

Needless to say it worked every time but once. My youngest came home from the 'movies' and asked her mother to take her to get the 'plan B' pill in the morning. I didn't say a word, I just got up, drove to the young man's home, and plowed him right there on his porch. After he finished crying and was cleaning himself up I told him why I did it. He understood completely, and admitted he shouldn't have called my bluff. We shook hands and he went back into the house not just a little sore, but a little wiser as well. I'm proud to say that young man is now my son-in-law.
View Quote

Did he want some more?
I mean, from you?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
You fucked your future son in law? On the porch?

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I won't show them my guns...my silencers though.... lol Nah no need to invite potential scumbags to attempt to take your shit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Between the patrol car in the driveway, the fact I'm 6' 2", and knowing half the county already I'm not too concerned.  The fact I have 5 daughters has me concerned.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, that and I want my daughter to date, I want a grandson to teach stuff too, well granddaughter too.... also when they come to pick her up, the fences, tv cameras and loud barking big GSDs....
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I brought home a bodybag from Afghanistan just in case I ever had a daughter. "You see this boy? Don't make me break the seal"
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Went with a girl I knew in college to her dad's house one time.  The dude kept flexing his biceps while giving me his best alpha male stare in what I can only assume was an attempt to intimidate me.  I thought it was kind of odd at the time... now I think it's hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#30]
f&SPNI
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#31]
It was my Ex-MIL that gave me the talk, I can't blame her.
Her Daughter was 20, I was 35 with 2 kids. (daughter never lived outside of their home)
She was kind of a big woman, just gave me the coldest, iciest stare and said, "If you do Anything to hurt my daughter, I will Really Hurt You, no matter what it takes, or how Much it Cost's."
MIL-FIL and I got along great, I was the son they always wanted, in a way.
Sadly, after 12 years, it ended in divorce, I do still deeply care for her, never saw her since then, the wife, not MIL!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#32]
LOL.

no and no.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's dumb as fuck and makes a person look weak and fearful themselves, not intimidating.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

FPNI

Showing a kid your weapons screams, "I'm insecure!"

don't do it...

My cousin has a daughter that could pose on the cover of any magazine she wanted to. When she started dating, he'd just quietly tell the boys when she was out of the room, "You make her cry, I'll make YOU cry, are we clear?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't show some random scumbag your weapons.  Might be looking at a burglary in the near future.

FPNI

don't do it...

My cousin has a daughter that could pose on the cover of any magazine she wanted to. When she started dating, he'd just quietly tell the boys when she was out of the room, "You make her cry, I'll make YOU cry, are we clear?"

Even that comes across a bit silly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I clean guns a lot

Don't plan to do it on purpose but it's bound to happen at some point

I love quiet guns but I hate all the extra cleaning
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd rather say let's go fishing offshore, just me and you ok?
View Quote

Can I date your daughter?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yup.  My Ex gf's dad tried that stuff on me and I just looked at him funny.. then got a bj like 30 minutes later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did the ex gf do while you waited?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Never had it tried on me.  I was the one with the guns.

If he's not showing me his guns, things probably won't work out with my daughter. (So long as I do my part)
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Only one who ever even hinted he had firearms, I out-shot with his own .357 S&W.

Pretty sure anyone who tried that would get a serious face from me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

FPNI

don't do it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't show some random scumbag your weapons.  Might be looking at a burglary in the near future.

FPNI

don't do it...

the fun variation of that is whatever you do to her i will do to you
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#41]
The whole "I have guns" thing regarding the daughter's dates is actually just an old joke.

As in humor.

As in you don't really do that.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have a gorgeous 18 year old daughter and it works just fine. Her BF immediately was respectful etc. Stop with the Arfcom bandwagon you bunch of women!!!!!
View Quote

It didn't actually change anything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I've gotten yelled at twice by my daughter for 'intimidating' her boyfriends.

Funny thing is, I don't act any different than I usually do. I'm gracious and polite, and ask about their interests, and how their family is doing. Of course they usually see the holstered pistol on my waist (I carry 24/7) but I don't advertise it, it's just a part of who I am.  I just remind them to be respectful of each other and send them on their way.  I guess the effeminate little bitches that she dates don't like the thought of having to deal with an actual adult male.  

Hell, at this rate, I'd be happy to see a tatted up freak with a nose ring and a big muscle car, just so I knew she was dating normal guys.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Absolutely not.

That little dipshit has no business knowing what I own, because teenage boys do stupid stuff, they have friends that do even stupider stuff, and the friends of their friends are the stupidest of all.

My daughter's girl friends?  Several of them have been to the range with us.  They've helped clean guns afterwards.  They're more or less indifferent about it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#45]
It's cliche by now. I choose to sharpen big knives when they come over.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd never do it. Seems silly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I've had it done to me, he was "cleaning" his glock 17 assembled , I showed him how to tear it down and was on my way to banging his daughter that night
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

/thread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Never show your enemies your intentions....
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#50]
My first girlfriends brother (maybe half my size) tried telling me he had a shovel. I told him big deal, my dad has a track hoe.

As far as when my daughter gets bigger and starts dating, threaten him, no, but he is definitely getting fucked with.

If I was going to threaten some kid that wanted to date my daughter with a gun, I'd at least go all out and do the thing from Bad Boys 2, not just clean it.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top