Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a hammer less coach gun in 16 gauge yearssss ago. No clue what make it was. But it was fun as hell. We blasted a hall of a lot of random crap. It put big holes in shit lol It rode behind the seat of my truck for years. I don't even remember what happened to it now.  I think it got some barrel bulge and I cut it up
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They are nice guns for the money.  Sometimes you can find them with awesome wood.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have much love for my Stoeger. So much I had to make her prettier.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#4]

There's a link at the bottom of this page for dealing with Stoeger misfire issues.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Norinco with hammers.

Nobody needs a coach gun.

Everybody should have one though!

I have the same gun and he's correct. Every man should own a coach gun.

One of these

https://www.gunfactory.ch/langwaf/images/norinco_jw2000.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I personally want a CZ hammer coach. I have a thing for color cased hardened guns.
http://gunreviewpodcast.com/gunreview/uploads/595.jpg
View Quote

Been looking at that one myself. More expensive than the Stoeger but more refined...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had a norinco with hammers in 20 gauge, first shot ever and the brazing hold the forend on broke off.

One of these

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tazaroo/Stoeger%20Coach%20SBS%20003_zpslfln1e1z.jpg
View Quote

Got one to do exactly that but with a full stock.

Shooting a SXS is...visceral. It's just fun. Makes you wish for an outbreak of cattle rustlers in your subdivision so you can show them the error of their ways.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Shit, you may have just ruined my life.....

speed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/coach-gun-supreme-shotgun

Model-31481 is what you seek gentleman

the only supreme model buds has is the single trigger version
and I don't want a unreliable POS, so I need the double trigger one

http://www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com/stoeger-coach-gun-supreme-12-ga-20-bbl-double-trigger.html

Shit, you may have just ruined my life.....

speed

Glad I could, uh help?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I need one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Have had these two around for about 40 years. Wife claims the shorter one, if its been fired twenty times she has killed fifteen critters with it. Blew a cat off the porch once and I have no idea how many snakes. She keeps it in the back room of her bakery now. Its a Rossi 12  ga Stagecoach, other is a Belgian. I squirrel hunt with it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Shooting a SXS is...visceral. It's just fun. Makes you wish for an outbreak of cattle rustlers in your subdivision so you can show them the error of their ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tazaroo/Stoeger%20Coach%20SBS%20003_zpslfln1e1z.jpg

Have fun!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
Insert drooling emoji
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I personally want a CZ hammer coach. I have a thing for color cased hardened guns.
View Quote

I'd like one of these to hang over the mantle but can't justify the cost. There's no way that gun should be any more than $300.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I do a LOT of Cowboy Action Shooting.  I started almost 10 years ago with a Stoeger double trigger.  It was okay.  Never once had a malfunction, but they're not exactly the cream of the crop. If you simply want a lower priced double to take out and have fun with occasionally the Stoeger will probably give you a lifetime of pleasure.  But if you want to really run and gun you should look at an SKB 100 or 200 or a Browning BSS.  It's like the difference between a Chevy and a Rolls Royce.

Guy in Arizona named Johnny Meadows is about the best SxS gunsmith in the world.  He always has a good selection in stock.  He also slicks up Stoegers.  Contact him if you want a really fine tuned piece of art.  Camp Verde Gun Works
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd like to have a coach gun................been looking at them, as well as this Pedersoli Ithica model of the old Auto/Burglar gun

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/20/shot-2016-new-firearms-taylorspedersoli/
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Insert drooling emoji
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insert drooling emoji

+ 1 more
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got two. Great guns. But they need tuning up for ease of loading/unloading and rapid reload for whatever but especially good for Cowboy Action Shooting

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you want one for HD why the hell are you using a side by side at all?BD]

It is 2016, your using a design that predates metallic cartridges.  If you insist on a shotgun at least get a decent modern (kinda) design like an 870 or Mossberg 500, or better yet a Benelli M1 or M4.  Your running around with something Doc Holliday would recognize.  Even better, just get an AR.

What advantage does an unnecessarily heavy and unwieldy (because of the extra barrel, which was needed back in the days of non repeating firearms, but is a hilarious anachronism now) weapon with only 2 shots before a slow and awkward reload have over something lighter, more manuverable, and with far more rounds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, the more I look into it it sounds like the double trigger design is inherently more reliable than single trigger guns.
the issue I keep seeing is that the right side of single trigger guns will light strike 50% of the time but the left is 100% reliable. They also have issues binding when opened.
I have seen no indication of this being an issue with the double trigger variants.

I was trying to decide between the century coach gun and the stoeger. (my marlin 336 and uberti cattleman need a buddy)
the stoeger just seems to be the more practical of the two in real world applications.

I bought the 20ga century from sg. Wood is good,action is stiff but started loosening a bit more rounds I shot,nice large buttpad and real reasonable cost wise.

the big downside of the CIA guns are that you have to cock each hammer manually.
if you want a gun thatcan be used for HD that kinda kills it. it's already slow to load. that makes it twice as slow.

If you want one for HD why the hell are you using a side by side at all?BD]

It is 2016, your using a design that predates metallic cartridges.  If you insist on a shotgun at least get a decent modern (kinda) design like an 870 or Mossberg 500, or better yet a Benelli M1 or M4.  Your running around with something Doc Holliday would recognize.  Even better, just get an AR.

What advantage does an unnecessarily heavy and unwieldy (because of the extra barrel, which was needed back in the days of non repeating firearms, but is a hilarious anachronism now) weapon with only 2 shots before a slow and awkward reload have over something lighter, more manuverable, and with far more rounds?

Because it makes my dick hard.  That's why.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

One of these

View Quote

They seem yo have really dried up. No more coming in?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a 12g uplander that I'm waiting on a form 1 to come back
Then chop chop
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't know the quality of Stoeger or Norinco.  What I do know is that my dad ( who is in his 80's) won a New England 12 gauge single shot.  I took it from him, and made it into a sort of "coach gun" by having the barrel chopped to 18.25" and then tamed it a bit by having the barrel Magna-ported.  He just loves it.  As others have said, it is simple, and he is comfortable with it.  When he goes up North to the cabin house, it is next to the bed with the shells on the nightstand.
The quality of New England Firearms is top notch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I ended up getting the regular 2 trigger model.
I got it thursday. I shot it friday.

the kick wasn't bad, the lever was stiff though and the action was sticking halfway through opening. (at the exact moment the extractor tries to push)
what was happening was the shell rim was sticking in a burr in the recessed cutout for the rim

last night I got out the trusty old dremel and I have a wheel that's a cross between a polishing wheel and a grinding wheel. it almost feels like a abrasive rubber. it does a very aggressive polish. It fit that recess perfectly and I used it to smooth out the rim recess. I followed that up with a felt wheel with some mothers mag.

I also polished all the mating surfaces, disabled the auto safety, clipped a coil and a half off the lever spring, lapped the chambers, eliminated a sticky point between the extractor and the extractor recess in the barrel.

I still need to go over a couple spots with a dab of cold blue, but it's not really needed.

it feels like a totally different gun now.  I won't know till I shoot it again if I totally fixed the sticking shell issue but I'm 95% sure it's all good now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you for the update.
I have been looking locally.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I ended up getting the regular 2 trigger model.

I got it thursday. I shot it friday.

the kick wasn't bad, the lever was stiff though and the action was sticking halfway through opening. (at the exact moment the extractor tries to push)

what was happening was the shell rim was sticking in a burr in the recessed cutout for the rim

last night I got out the trusty old dremel and I have a wheel that's a cross between a polishing wheel and a grinding wheel. it almost feels like a abrasive rubber. it does a very aggressive polish. It fit that recess perfectly and I used it to smooth out the rim recess. I followed that up with a felt wheel with some mothers mag.

I also polished all the mating surfaces, disabled the auto safety, clipped a coil and a half off the lever spring, lapped the chambers, eliminated a sticky point between the extractor and the extractor recess in the barrel.

I still need to go over a couple spots with a dab of cold blue, but it's not really needed.

it feels like a totally different gun now.  I won't know till I shoot it again if I totally fixed the sticking shell issue but I'm 95% sure it's all good now.
View Quote
No picture tutorial. I am disappoint

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
buying a boomstick huh?
View Quote

That can fire slugs at close range.
And can be stoked with drilled buckshot.
Possibly according to the barrel launch upland steel load magnums for penetration.
Reload quickly due to training and usage.
This broomstick is a definite close in sweeper.
Deadly to tigers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought the tactical model for $379. From academy.
I'll shoot it tomorrow .
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Friends don't let friends buy stoeger guns...actually any Turkish shotgun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine says made in Brazil.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Turkish steel.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One of these

I haven't seen them around in forever.

10 years ago they were everywhere, cheap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Funny, I've been considering selling my Stoeger Coach Gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I've actually been thinking of buying that SxS with the light rail on the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Buncha young whippersnappers!
Rossi Overland is the answer you seek.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sold a metric shit ton of these after I sold just one to a cowboy action shooter and he brought it to the local match. Get the one with the screw in chokes, hell of a gun.
View Quote

I have one with screw in chokes! It's an awesome gun. Has double triggers. Never had a problem, I've shot everything from #8 bird shot to 3" 00buck. I have full chokes in it and shoot skeet with it sometimes. And get on opening morning of dove season, or when I'm duck hunting with it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've actually been thinking of buying that SxS with the light rail on the bottom.
View Quote

That is what I bought.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#38]
My dads O/U stoeger hasn't had any misfires that I'm aware of. The action was sticky for a while, you just need to shoot it to loosen it up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I inherited one from my pop.  I love it.

Never shot it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top