Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Not establishing meaningful term limitations because "That way we can keep the good ones." is like not tearing down a derelict structure because it has one good water faucet in it.

The "good ones" as you call them will find a way to serve their community and benefit America without further contributing to a failed and proven inneffective system. If the "good guys" refute that I will consider them part of the problem and vote accordingly.

I'm done with "party lines". It is time for change, and not Zero style change.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Bullshit, the first thing any politician does is cement his power base. He does this by paying favors for donations. After three or four terms the asshole is a defacto King in his district. Look at that asshole Rangle do you think he is crooked he only has 40 years in office. I got one of the bloodsuckers in my district Ortiz he has held office 30 plus years no one can stand the Douche nozzle but he OWNS the poor coastal district of South Texas.

And if Ortiz couldn't run the next guy to promise to do all the same shit and give all the same handouts and reward all the same donors would be the one to win his seat.  Guaranteed.

Unless you change the people the term limits will do nothing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top