[#2]
Quoted:
True, so true.
Me: "do you want your cup?"
Her: " No"
Me: (puts cup away)
Her: (starts crying).

Go figure.

Oh hell man that's the cute stuff. These are the easy times you're supposed to enjoy and reflect upon.  You ain't seen nuthin yet...
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dont bitch when you turn her into a masculine lesbian then

there are other ways to be girly without decking yourself out with princess gear.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You think its bad now....wait until the glasses get traded for contacts and the braces come off.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

there are other ways to be girly without decking yourself out with princess gear.

Word of advice - absolutely BAN glitter. Just do it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
True, so true.

Go figure.

Oh hell man that's the cute stuff. These are the easy times you're supposed to enjoy and reflect upon.  You ain't seen nuthin yet...

Thats why they make alcohol,  baby goes to sleep, time for a drink.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you have a boy are you gonna forbid cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, and trucks ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word of advice - absolutely BAN glitter. Just do it.

No such luck, my fiance is a elementary school teacher with an art background.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you have a boy are you gonna forbid cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, and trucks ?

My son was never into anything like that for some reason. He loved legos and sports
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh please... Just wait till you catch yourself singing a kids song with nobody else in the car... N00bs!
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No sypathy here, OP, sorry -- I still love Disney myself and get a big kick out my own "Twincesses," personally.

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/HardShell/media/RWB%20Family/Cinderellax3smaller.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20Family/Cinderellax3smaller.jpg</a>

FTR, the one in the middle ain't mine.

You are a stronger man then me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So my daughter turned 2 yesterday and my fiance and I are totally against anything princess related. We go to take stuff out to the car and her aunt does this.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/messeduprex/20130421_194702.jpg

Somebody please kill me now, im in for a long hard road.

What's on her hands there?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So my daughter turned 2 yesterday and my fiance and I are totally against anything princess related. We go to take stuff out to the car and her aunt does this.

Princess gloves, that are 5 sizes too big.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Princess gloves, that are 5 sizes too big.

Well,she'll grow into them eventually.Cute kid you have there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#17]
She's precious.

Totally agree with you and your fiance but that princess stuff is so prevalent it's going to hard for you all to avoid it completely.  If it's any consolation, the two darling little girls next door go in for all that stuff but are still smart, sweet and well-behaved.  Their parents are conservative and work hard to raise them right but their mom does like to indulge them with all the pink sparkly princessy stuff.  They don't seem to be any the worse for it.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#18]
It happens, HurricaineAllie went through a barbie peroid no matter how hard we tried...but she is 11 and at 5'5 with blonde hair thinks she is a Viking Princess, she has a battle axe, and is getting a purple AR....there is hope.. oh and she is just just like her daddy...I did have one Barbie, but she was 24....HurricaineAllie does not let me tell stories like that
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't be too worried, she doesn't look too amused about it.

In fact she looks downright pissed.

Oh no she loves it, she just hates pictures

You'll pay it forward to others one day. My greatest thrill used to be when my nieces and nephews had birthdays coming up. Every loud annoying flashy toy and high capacity Nerf gun that could possibly piss off Mommy and Daddy came from good ol uncle Kevin Those kids fucking LOVE me

Fuck yes! I do the same thing. Chicken Dance Elmo was a great gift too... Nerf toys, Nephew already has his own AR15 set aside... and he's 5. He just doesn't know it yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Get used to it, bro. I have a daughter that loves clothes, having her nails done, and princesses. Such is life and little girls.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]
She is a little girl. Let her have her fun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll pass.
Soon you'll be humming along to barney or whatever passes for current kid TV entertainment and you wont even recall these times.....

Just thank the fucking lord you didn't have a child during the god damn Teletubby era...

The Wiggles actually really grew on me though. I still have those fucking songs stuck in my head

A highly "suspect" bunch of Englishmen

They pegged the gaydar the first time my son watched them.

This is why I watch sprout.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Hahaha.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Girls like princess stuff. Get used to it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Every so often, a username fits precisely.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
True, so true.

Go figure.

Thats why they make alcohol,  baby goes to sleep, time for a drink.

Shit, I thought they made alcohol to make baby go to sleep.  I've been doin' it wrong.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine is 7 and still wears her Disney dresses.

I wouldn't trade it for anything
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Girls like princess stuff. Get used to it.

This.  Maybe the aunt recognizes that you're being weirdos and is doing her part to allow the little girl an outlet for her princess urges.  Seriously, lighten up.  She'll be much happier if you encourage HER interests than if you try and force yours on her.

My oldest daughter (4) loves princess stuff and getting her toenails painted.  She also loves catching bugs and driving through mud puddles.  It'll all work out in the end.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#29]
My daughter turns 2 in 2 weeks. So far I've been able to balance building blocks and playing ball with play cooking and jewelry. Lets hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll pass.
Soon you'll be humming along to barney or whatever passes for current kid TV entertainment and you wont even recall these times.....

Just thank the fucking lord you didn't have a child during the god damn Teletubby era...

The Wiggles actually really grew on me though. I still have those fucking songs stuck in my head

A highly "suspect" bunch of Englishmen

They pegged the gaydar the first time my son watched them.

This is why I watch sprout.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af65/bmick325/kellysprout.jpg

On there's no question they toss thier fruity salads and think its yummy yummy

BLOW ME DOWN!

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then stop being a f-tard and do what makes her happy. She will be little exactly once.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#32]

my stepkid never did the princess thing... never liked pink... now she says "merrica damnit"... friggin love that kid
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Judging from all the princes shit in the background you where fucked from the getgo
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I swore I would never tolerate the princess bullshit.

I wore a tiara and a pink polo on her 4th birthday.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh please... Just wait till you catch yourself singing a kids song with nobody else in the car... N00bs!

So true.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Embrace it...she's a girl and let her be a girl.

But also make sure she can change a tire, clean a deer, cook a steak...etc
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Be happy you don't have a boy that is doing it
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/guns/kidsar.jpg

my stepkid never did the princess thing... never liked pink... now she says "merrica damnit"... friggin love that kid

Looking for a step son in law?
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Girls  ( mostly ) do girl things.  Boys ( mostly ) do boy things.  It has been happening for a few thousand years that way.

And OP there is nothing wrong with this. Your Princess can still be a strong independant female even if she loves Cinderella when she is a kid. Please do not ruin this aspect of her child hood for her by incessant worrying over her play and play interests.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Let a little girl be a girl.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:48:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Girls  ( mostly ) do girl things.  Boys ( mostly ) do boy things.  It has been happening for a few thousand years that way.

Exactly.  Would hate for your daughter to be a girl who grows into a woman. . Unless you want some dike butch coming home to visit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
First world problems......wait until the boys start callling, then you will have a sympathetic ear.

Nailed it.

My daughter is fifteen, and I don't think I've gotten a good nights sleep in three years.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:09:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll pay it forward to others one day. My greatest thrill used to be when my nieces and nephews had birthdays coming up. Every loud annoying flashy toy and high capacity Nerf gun that could possibly piss off Mommy and Daddy came from good ol uncle Kevin Those kids fucking LOVE me

Oh yeah. Best bang for the buck I ever got were those wooden train whistles, cost just a couple of bucks and run on the kids hot air,garanteed to make mommys head explode Whoo Whoo!
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You just wait until Christmas. It's gonna look like the ferry god princess threw up in your living room. Purple and pink is going to be all you see for a while.

Hell, I want OP's address to send some more princess dresses.  My daughter has outgrown them all.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#47]

I know the Hannah Montana songs....but her blonde sidekick has gotten so hot now...played a tramp on 2 1/2 men....
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Ballance in everything.
If you forbid the princess stuff (or anything else that is popular with her peers) she will hate you for it and plot for it. Best you can do is not overly encourage the stuff that is a pain .

The OP seems to have thought this out and things will likely work out.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:34:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Pics of gift giving aunt?

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top