Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, you could have let it age a little
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, it's a McMillan A3 stock on the Savage FP10 LE2B, no their A2.  I called McMillian prior to purchasing my LE2B over the summer and confirmed it.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
die thread, die!

An hour and a half after the last post!

"Brilliant!!"

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually, it's a McMillan A3 stock on the Savage FP10 LE2B, no their A2.  I called McMillian prior to purchasing my LE2B over the summer and confirmed it.

Chris

That's exactly what I thought it was.  Pretty sweet rifle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess he brought enough gun.  Damn.  

I took my Savage .308 hunting a couple years ago, I'm glad I didn't get a shot because now I wonder if there would be anything left over.  

Most shots are taken through the front of the rib cage--and it doesn't do that.  Check out BeetleBailey's dinner pic for an idea of what most shots look like.  

As a matter of fact, I've shot a number of deer in the head with a .30/06 (200 FPS fast than a .308) and only one ended up close to that and it only had half of the top of its head blown away.  Most just end up with a gaping exit wound.  Head shots are mostly not a good idea anyway--especially for beginners.  If you stick with rib cage hits you won't see anything even similar to that.  

I know what hits look like, I just use a .50 muzzleloader with round balls and 80 grains of black powder.  A long shot where I hunt is 50 yards, though.  I don't want a gaping exit wound, just a dead deer with the meat still intact.  

I see a lot of guys around here sighting in .300 Winchester magnums before deer season.  Sometimes I want to ask them if they have knives or if they just plan on shooting and dressing them all at once.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It's going to make an interesting wall mount.  A real conversation starter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]
For all you gents wondering if he used enough gun--WTH do you go hunting deer with?  .22LR?  .308Win is pretty much in the middle of the pack of deer hunting cartridges.
Myself, I've used .223Win and .338Winmag on deer.  I'll shoot a fawn before I shoot a 3-year old buck.  Melikes the taste of venison unweaned and the buck will have much better antlers next year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn that did more damage than mine and I used a much bigger gun!

30-378

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top