BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Women in their 40’s is the fastest growing demographic for having kids.
View Quote
Correct, all other age groups have been declining since 2008
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I do too.

I’m early 50s and my youngest is 22.

I want to raise at least another child.
View Quote
That's what grandchildren are for!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wow.. so many “older” people are having kids these days. A change of times?

I’m 43, wife is 45. Oldest is 20 in college and youngest #2 is 16 in high school.  We do recommend to our kids to wait a little later, but not too late.

Any babies around here will be grand children.

Do you OP, I’ve just been shocked how much older people are having children these days. Modern medicine is a miracle.
View Quote
Postponement of marriage, home ownership & children. USA average is 29 and San Francisco average is 31. If I recall Taiwan is the oldest for modern countries
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm 38 and my son is turning 16. I'm glad I started early. Hopefully I'll be a grandfather at around 43.

But I understand wanting a biological child. Passing on your genes is the meaning of life. I'd probably try it if I didn't have a biological.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At 43 my kids will nearly be grown and out of the house.  They wear me out enough as it is, but I’m sure I’d manage if we had another.  I just really really don’t want any more if I can help it.  
View Quote
A divorcee I know had her third child at 43 and her two other kids are teens. She’s happy. My ex wife said no more when she was 34 before our split. She had a dim view of parenting. Comes down to each individual
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_maternal_age#Risk_of_birth_defects

Eta
The risk of Downs Syndrome at maternal age 20 is 1/1440, the risk at age 45 is 1/32.

If my odds of winning a new car versus losing my car at roulette were 31/32 i would spin the wheel.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
59 years old and having to deal with the daily drama of a 15 year old under your roof?

Nope.
View Quote
I'll have an order of nope with a side of fuck that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 42 and my wife is 39.  We have a 3.5 year old and an 8 month old.  I was worried each time about Downs syndrome, but we were lucky on that.  I'm sure the odds are still in your favor to avoid that, but the odds go up dramatically each year.  Our OB has like 7 kids.  He said his wife had their last at age 47.  He said at that age, there was about a 1 in 4 chance for Downs I believe, but they beat the odds.

It can be tough some time.  There's no real free time until the kids are asleep.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Life has a 100% mortality rate.

Have kids, show them the world.

Love them.  Nothing is better than your children hugging you and telling you they love YOU.
View Quote
I don’t know man, Dual WP NVG is pretty freaking awesome...

Kidding, you’re 100% correct.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 1:21:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm in my 40s and doing it. It's fine. Forever young, forever retarded
View Quote
Same here. I'm 44 and have a 7 year old and a 3 month old. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Kids/babies keep you young. Having a 31 year old wife does help as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I was 33 when my oldest was born.  She's 11 now and my youngest is 7.  I enjoy my kids and we have a good time doing things together as a family.  No way I would want one in diapers at my age.  We are pretty active as a family and having an infant would make life tough for us.  In retrospect I think we should have started about 5 years earlier.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#13]
My baby sister was born when our mom was 45.

She's more normal than I am...........
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
get her a puppy
View Quote
This.

"Honey the puppy needs to go out" at 2am should bring some sanity back into your world.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
get her a puppy
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I was 40 and wife 38 when we had our only child. There are higher risk for older women, we had no problems. Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#17]
My ex wife gave birth to our healthy daughter at 43.  That came after 3 miscarriages tho. It took a toll on her body and she doesn't look so good naked anymore.  I think she had very bad post partum also because of the c section. She can do it, but your marriage might fail as a result of it because older woman really weren't made to carry babies around at that age.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top