Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In a surprise hand to hand or handguns only type fight... I'd say John Wick has the advantage.

In an open conflict where they are basically at war... Punisher has just a lot more going for him.
View Quote
I might have to agree with this. Given time to prepare, Punisher has managed to back down some genuine Big Bads. He managed to get over on Doctor Doom one time. Doom would have slaughtered him in a straight up fight, but Castle stole a painting of Doom's mother and used it as a shield to hold Doom at bay long enough to negotiate a ceasefire in exchange for the portrait. We have not seen that level of resourcefulness from Wick.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This one wins.

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are the same person.
View Quote
That's what I'm thinking.

Edit.

Wick. He would use punishers blind rage against him. Of the two wick is the one that seems to have some sort of a plan.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
John Wick is like one fry short of being x-man. Baba yaga. His hate keeps him warm.
View Quote
Sheer fuckin' will.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I might have to agree with this. Given time to prepare, Punisher has managed to back down some genuine Big Bads. He managed to get over on Doctor Doom one time. Doom would have slaughtered him in a straight up fight, but Castle stole a painting of Doom's mother and used it as a shield to hold Doom at bay long enough to negotiate a ceasefire in exchange for the portrait. We have not seen that level of resourcefulness from Wick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In a surprise hand to hand or handguns only type fight... I'd say John Wick has the advantage.

In an open conflict where they are basically at war... Punisher has just a lot more going for him.
The problem with comic books is 1) they can get so over the top as to be tarded and 2) there are different story lines that make it hard to gauge abilities. The most consistent and realistic punisher is probably netflix.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
John Wick. It isn't even a competition.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Also in a real fight pusher wouldn't have Hollywood magazines that hold 1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Frank Wins, Bigly.

Member that time he murdered the planet?

Member that time he killed the X-men, Dr. Doom, The Hulk, Spiderman, and everyone else?

Frank is like Batman, but without the money and questionable relationship with children.

Also, you don't see very many recurring Punisher villains.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
John Wick destroys Punisher in all aspects of gunplay and hand to hand combat.  Not even a contest here.
View Quote
He knows the kinda of people that would do this:

They may not have done it BUTT!!! he knows that they would have done it.

There can be only one...

John Wick.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Frank Wins, Bigly.

Member that time he killed the X-men, Dr. Doom, The Hulk, Spiderman, and everyone else?

Frank is like Batman, but without the money and questionable relationship with children.

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/punisher-frank-castle-kills-marvel-universe.jpg
View Quote
No normal moral can kill wolverine. Your example is invalid.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
tie but both beat up.

Then in their exhaustion they realize they are the same, and have the same enemies. They then combine forces to destroy evil crime lords...together...in the same movie. I can't even imagine. matthew mcconaughey is comic relief helicopter pilot that transports them around and bails them out once or twice.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Electricity kills Sniktbub.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/article_width/public/wolvpunisher.jpg?itok=uQu4xylv

Electricity kills Sniktbub.
It's almost like writers overlooked physical abilities and wrote what they wanted yo happen.

The Punisher blew up all of the other X-Men and most of the major X-Men villains in a giant nuclear explosion on the moon. He then attacked Wolverine whilst he was drunk from drowning his sorrows after losing most of his friends. During their fight he stabbed Wolverine in the throat with a knife and in the chest with Wolverine's own claws and threw him into an electrical generator. Wolverine's claws pierced the generator and Wolverine was electrocuted until he basically melted down to just his skeleton.

In some stories that wouldn't be enough to kill him. In some it is. This is obviously the latter.

That's not how the real world that these characters are fighting in operates. Punishe can't just nuke Wick.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I see what you did there
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's almost like writers overlooked physical abilities and wrote what they wanted yo happen.
View Quote
Like every single work of fiction ever you mean?

I never liked Wolverine anyways, so I'm OK with it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this debate there is plausible and stupid fiction. It's like hitting heads in a coin toss ten for ten. One side makes it seem like it happened. The other side thinks Boba Fett could defeat Vader
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#18]
The punisher is prone to emotional responses.  Wick is cool and collected, never missing a stroke.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#19]
They are both Marines.

They'd team up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are both Marines.

They'd team up.
View Quote
Or have a crayon eating and dick drawing contest to see who is really the bigger badass
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:02:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Or have a crayon eating and dick drawing contest to see who is really the bigger badass
View Quote
Every time Canoe Wick makes a headshot the blood splatter is in the shape of a dick...

He is a true master.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Punisher has years of combat experience and valuable training with Marine Force Recon IIRC.

We don't yet know enough about John Wick's background and experience to make a determination, but I'd lean toward the Punisher.
View Quote
We need a John Wick fucking prequal!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:16:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Punisher has years of combat experience and valuable training with Marine Force Recon IIRC.

We don't yet know enough about John Wick's background and experience to make a determination, but I'd lean toward the Punisher.
I want to say 3rd Marine Battalion?

It's only referenced in the motto tat on his back.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the best answer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Wick in a land-slide.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The Punisher blew up all of the other X-Men and most of the major X-Men villains in a giant nuclear explosion on the moon. He then attacked Wolverine whilst he was drunk from drowning his sorrows after losing most of his friends. During their fight he stabbed Wolverine in the throat with a knife and in the chest with Wolverine's own claws and threw him into an electrical generator. Wolverine's claws pierced the generator and Wolverine was electrocuted until he basically melted down to just his skeleton.

In some stories that wouldn't be enough to kill him. In some it is. This is obviously the latter.

That's not how the real world that these characters are fighting in operates. Punishe can't just nuke Wick.
View Quote
Punisher MAX series would be the best comparison. Minimal superhero/ability interaction with lots of fighting and violence. I think MAX Frank could take Wick but he'd get fucked up in the process. Frank has exhibited a greater propensity for dirty tricks and explosives than Wick and I believe that would ultimately be the deciding factor. Not nuke level or anything, but C4 or IED level.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:09:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Punisher is the boogeyman.

John Wick is the man you send to kill the fucking boogeyman.
View Quote
This.....
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#29]
The Punisher completely sucks.  John Wick FTW
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Frank Wins, Bigly.

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/punisher-frank-castle-kills-marvel-universe.jpg
View Quote
Which begs the question, how is he funded? Do the comics ever address that?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
In that particular book, hes funded by organization setup by survivors of superhero/villain fights.

The story kicks off with his wife getting killed in the crossfire between the Xmen and Magnetos guys
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Jon Bernthal Punisher rips John Wick's throat out with his teeth.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#33]
How about Deadpool?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you watch the Punisher movie Thomas Jane (?) has shit gun handling and technique compared to Keanu. Not even fucking close. Not. Even. Close.

I think most votes will be based on the cult following of either character.  I don't follow comics at all so from a shooters perspective Wick all day every day.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Comic book Punisher or movie Punisher?
View Quote
I voted Punisher but this makes a big difference. Comic book Punisher would beat Wick but movie Punisher would lose to Wick.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How about Deadpool?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Frank Wins, Bigly.

View Quote
having firearms is like having superpowers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mack Bolan
View Quote
BOOM!

End thread/
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
BOOM!

End thread/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mack Bolan
BOOM!

End thread/
Wrong!

Mack Bolan = / = Frank Castle
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pretty sure John Wick would kill The Punisher with a fucking pencil.

A.

Fucking.

Pencil.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Deadpool can take a head shot and recovery from it. I don't think it'll work out that way for the Punisher or Wick.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cash and other resources from the gangsters and drug dealers he kills.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Cash and other resources from the gangsters and drug dealers he kills.
View Quote
Nowadays he'd probably have a Patreon or GoFundMe...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Deadpool can take a head shot and recovery from it. I don't think it'll work out that way for the Punisher or Wick.
View Quote
Yeah, 'ol Frankie doesn't fair too well in Deadpool's own title.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#45]
John Wick ... They killed his dog
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Thomas Jane is gay.
John Wick is overated as hell.

Lundgren Punisher kills them both.

But seriously how far have we fallen that we think goober keanu reeves is even close to as badass as the idea of Punisher?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thomas Jane is gay.
John Wick is overated as hell.

Lundgren Punisher kills them both.

But seriously how far have we fallen that we think goober keanu reeves is even close to as badass as the idea of Punisher?
View Quote
I don't think you know who Canoe Wick is...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Punisher!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Relevant.

The Punisher (Frank Castle) // Ready Or Not
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top