User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM US YOUR CELL NUMBER

WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU BEFORE WE LEAVE.

WE CANT GO IF WE DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE

Probably just sleeping.

Explain this to me though, if the pass is closed how do you intend to reach him? Dont they have troopers or something on both ends blocking it off? Serious, I dont understand.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Explain this to me though, if the pass is closed how do you intend to reach him? Dont they have troopers or something on both ends blocking it off? Serious, I dont understand.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We were stuck on Stevens for a couple hours two weeks ago - AFTER I chained up the minivan  The passes can suck.  Good luck!

How often do you go over tha passes in the winter?  If you do it very often and they don't make chains for your bimmer, you might consider a separate set of Nokian WRs Hakapellitia 2's and rims for the winter.  They are marketed as all seasons, but have both M&S and Sever Service marks.  They will probably be mushier than your tires on dry pavement, but they kick ass in the rain and snow...

Personal preference...Got a set on my Benz right now and they rock.  Can also be studded.  If you are interested drop me a line and I will try to get a hold of the guy in Denver who set me up with a sweet deal (4 shipped to NW AR---$500ish ).

Agreed - personal preference.  Hakkas kick ass, too, but rain is more of a concern than snow for most of us in WA - at least on the west side.  WRs still have OK dry pavement performance.

My sister and brother-in-law have a BMW x-series, which would be nice here.  Last time I was on Stevens chains were required on all vehicles except all-wheel-drive (of course we were all stuck for a couple hours regardless).  

Oh, I forgot to mention that the whole time I was stuck while Stevens was closed, the WA State traffic advisory radio didn't say anything about the closure - your tax dollars at work!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]
ACTUAL IMITATION REPRESENTATION OF GASPAINS RESCUE!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

10 years of Search and Rescue, a Firefighter, that works in a 9-1-1 dispatch center...

I can get in, and if I cant, I can find a way or someone else that can
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck to you guys if you go after him, and stay safe
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1 I love this place
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I love this place

Wish i would have had one of those fancy cell phones when i got trapped in the snow last week.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bet your dumb ass wish you would have bought a truck right about now.

I'm only trying to lighten the mood a little. I pray everything works out for you, I'm sure it will though.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=432293

Must resist....won't say what the easiest reply ever would...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]
What?  That much snow there?  Send some my way...I'm sick of this rain here in Yakima!  Damned fields muddy...can't do $hit!

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ball is in his court at this time.

The local News just show's pics, most of the cars are in Gridlock but not actually up onto the bad parts of the pass, anyone in the bad part of the pass got stuck out of shitty luck, but a plow will be through in a few hours. at the top there is gas avail, and couple small stores and a few hotel rooms along with a ski resort....

If he dont get us, at worst he is going to have a realy cold uncomfortable sleep.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I love this place

FUCKIN A !  

Nuthin better than helpin a brother in need !

CavVet and R-32, you guys FUCKIN ROCK !  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bet your dumb ass wish you would have bought a truck right about now.

I'm only trying to lighten the mood a little. I pray everything works out for you, I'm sure it will though.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=432293

Must resist....won't say what the easiest reply ever would...

Karmas a bitch!

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck Karma, stupidity played a role here. The fact I drive a newer model 4X4 didn't help matters either.

For those asshats that wanted to hijack this thread with my misfortune, I was referring to having a HG stolen and not the thread originators situation. You guys are true Americans in my book. Cynical bastards.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#17]

www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/snoqualmie/default.aspx?imgparam=1

Temperature: 30ºF / -1ºC

Restrictions Eastbound:
Pass Closed

Restrictions Westbound:
Pass Closed

Conditions & Weather:
Pass in temporarily closed due to hazardous slide conditions, Westbound at Easton and Eastbound at North Bend. A reopen time will be determined upon evaluation. This report will be updated as information is obtained. // Snowing

Updated:8:20 PM, Jan 29, 2006
This is the most current info available
and is promptly updated when conditions change.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
10 years of Search and Rescue, a Firefighter, that works in a 9-1-1 dispatch center...

Fuggin A!
Folks like you guys ( helping out some one you dont know and for nothing) restore my faith in humanity.

Big +1 to you guys!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fuck Karma, stupidity played a role here. The fact I drive a newer model 4X4 didn't help matters either.

You might want to point out that you're referring to your other thread, and not gaspain's situation with that remark.

Tagorama. Arfcom really is one big dysfunctional family.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know how sophisticated his cell phone is, but perhaps he'd like a picture of a "snowbunny" to keep him warm!

Prayers out to gaspain!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuggin A!
Folks like you guys ( helping out some one you dont know and for nothing) restore my faith in humanity.

Big +1 to you guys!

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck. I hope you get out safe. I have a couple of friends that got stuck in Seattle because of it. I'd hike my ass up to the gas station at the top of the pass, or that resort up there. I don't know how far you are from that though. It could be a ways.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#24]
And here is a pic of 16 breasts.
Its GD so they had to keep their tops on, sorry.

Being able to laugh in a bad situation goes a long way.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Just to be clear, it sounds like he is stuck in a lineup of cars, not stuck in a ditch someplace.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/6573329/detail.html

I-90 Closed Again Near Snoqualmie Pass

POSTED: 7:37 pm PST January 29, 2006

SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. -- For the second day in a row, an avalanche closed Interstate 90 near Snoqualmie Pass tonight.

The eastbound and westbound lanes of the state's main artery through the Cascade Mountains was closed indefinitely at 5:40 p.m. by the avalanche near the east snowshed.

The closure is six miles east of the summit at mile posts 51 and 58 ... at exit 34 eastbound and exit 71 westbound.

There were no injuries or damage to vehicles. The State Patrol is on the scene.

An avalanche early yesterday shut down I-90 between North Bend and Cle Elum for nearly five hours.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Just to be clear, it sounds like he is stuck in a lineup of cars, not stuck in a ditch someplace.

Yep, that is what I got from it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Im almost to the summit of snoqualmi pass. But, my car wont make it. its about 2 feet, with compact snow. I was driving across the pass and without warning it started snowing like hell. All the other cars basically stopped and formed a gridlock. With no place to turn around I was forced to stay. Of course, the snow got worse. It took 4 hours for the plows to come through...but they didnt even make a dent in it. My car(BMW m3) has mud and snow tires, but the m/s rating is a joke. They are low profile 18" rims, but they dont make chains that fit, so here I am waiting for a tow truck. Ive been here since 2:30 today, its 9:15 now.  I just saw a 4x4 drive by, havent seen a car go by in about an hour. The last car stopped and told me there was an avalanche  a few miles behind me. Ive got half a tank of gas left, so far after 7 hours of idling its only used about 1/8th of a tank. Not, bad...I can hold out till morning on that. I have no water though, but do have 2 dozen frozen tamales I bought. Also got my AR....but no ammo. Do have my .45 with 2 full mags in case some bad guys come around.

gotta go

Not to make lite of the situation but WTF is snow ?

Bring him home guys...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I will go back and reread it, thats not what I understood.

We are standing by until we hear from him.

He has IM & Email.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Snoqualmie pass conditions

Temperature: 30ºF / -1ºC

Restrictions Eastbound: Pass Closed
Restrictions Westbound: Pass Closed

Conditions & Weather:
Pass in temporarily closed due to hazardous slide conditions, Westbound at Easton and Eastbound at North Bend. A reopen time will be determined upon evaluation. This report will be updated as information is obtained. // Snowing

Updated:8:20 PM, Jan 29, 2006
This is the most current info available
and is promptly updated when conditions change.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
And here is a pic of 16 breasts.
Its GD so they had to keep their tops on, sorry.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/m-dc/sunbathingcats.jpg

Being able to laugh in a bad situation goes a long way.

That orange one is tucking a bulge.  Quit posting tranny pics in GD ya sick fuck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will go back and reread it, thats not what I understood.

I understand now. He is stuck without chains at the side of the road. Sounds like the line up of cars moved on. But the pass is still closed...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Im almost to the summit of snoqualmi pass. But, my car wont make it. its about 2 feet, with compact snow. I was driving across the pass and without warning it started snowing like hell. All the other cars basically stopped and formed a gridlock.
Trapped in gridlock is my interpretation. Hope I am right. Although it seems from his discription that he is either 1:  in view of the outside world or,  2: left the car and is in contact with it. In either case good news.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I understand now. He is stuck without chains at the side of the road. Sounds like the line up of cars moved on. But the pass is still closed...

Thats what I understood.

This is exactly why its a good thing to be in touch with the crew around you who can help you.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#35]
That sucks.

When my unit went to Yakima last month from training they had it closed and had to take the long way south then east through Oregon. Fun times and Yakima was a cold motherfucker.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#36]
It doesnt look like this guy is replying back or anything......But if he does IM a cell phone number i might be the closest one to him. Im in Ellensburg and have a truck........If your continuing Eastbound and need a place to crash or whatever IM me also.

This is why i park my IS300 for the winter.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#37]
is that snoqualmie falls (when its not snowing)?> If so I flew out to visit a girl when I was in 10th grade and we went up there...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I just got off the phone with a buddy's dad who is a super with the DOT, he said that unless he is stuck in between the two slides, the plows are going to run through the night...If he is near the summit, it is just a matter of time till they can get them out of there and at least to the parking lots of the ski resorts...there is gas and hotel room,or at least warm rooms there...

He has our info, and can get us if needed...

Not much we can do at this point.

Good thing is...

It cant be really bad, there is not Search and Rescue type op's going on, so Im guessing more along the lines of stuck in grid lock with lots of other people around.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#39]
thanks r-32 for the info.

txl
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Have you gotten out yet?

And why wasn't this in the Hometown Forum?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#42]
tagged for more info
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Have you gotten out yet?

it is   www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=222038
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't feel bad... I got my Xterra stuck yesterday.  

Damned factory M&S tires are fine for the lighter shit but when you start getting a foot on the ground with packed ice under it, all bets are off.  

Winch will be installed come next season, digging out with a shovel sucks.  

HA!. ive had to dig out mud with a frying pan!   at least you HAD a shovel :)

HA! I've had to dig mud with a peice of plywood. Least you had a frying pan.

And boy howdy was I pissed as all can be that night too.

HA!  I've had to dig out with a SPOON.  At least you had a piece of plywood.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have you gotten out yet?

it is   www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=222038

It isn't.  Someone else posted a link to this there.  That's not the same thing.

But either way, there was nothing there the last time I was in the HTF, which I think was just before or as that was getting posted.  Which was a while after this one was posted.

Either way, I'm glad we've got guys on it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I feel your pain man.  10 days ago, the g/f and I got stuck in her Malibu from 12A to 8A in some serious snow (wasn't snowing when we left).  I've been able to free many a vehicle in the past using floor mats and pine boughs, no such luck this time.  I mean we were stuck like never before, we were screwed.  No shovel, plenty of water and gas though.  We tried every trick in the book, I even tried digging out with an old steel post I found in the snow.  Well I wound up STABBING through a tire amidst a frantic digging spell.  Luckily a nice mountain man came along (6 hours later) and went he home for some tow straps.  When he returned and we hooked on, he nearly became stuck too.  Finally we were out of the 2+ ft of snow we were stranded in.   Needless to say, the next day I purchased (along with a new tire) a shovel, lots of kitty litter, flares, glow sticks, tow straps, new flashlight with spare batteries, and some other stuff we could've used at the time.  I'm considering a satellite phone, as we were stuck near a desolate pass with NO service.  Of course I had everything we would've needed in my Silverado.  Well, live and learn right?

Good luck Gaspain!

--VT
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#47]
woo hoo....I made it off that soneofa bitch! Sorry I havent been able to post sooner, I was driving and didnt want to stop for fear it would get worse.

Anyways, lol at the webcam pic. That is so funny, it probably is me in the pic although there were some other cars though that were in similar situations.

The tow truck arrived and hooked me up and pulled me to the top, then I had to drive down. Its a hell of alot easier when you have gravity on your side to get though the snow.  

Im kinda scatter brained right now, after sitting in a damn car for ten or eleven hours.

I did manage to help some others when I was up there. I helped put chains on a few cars. I pushed out 4 cars to get them on their way...otherwise the plows couldnt make it through. Lent my LED flashlight to a few folks.

Im suprised that the initial post even made it though. The cellular bars were fluctuting from zero to one bars, it was real spotty because of the storm....but my little old post made it through ok.

Thanks fro all the help!, i'll have to take a few minutes to read them all.  I did learn that a storm can come down right on top of you and basically own you, I also learned that most motorists dont help each other out, might be a Seattle thing. I also learned that having a good flashlight makes the world a lot brighter when you need it, also having a carry pistol helps you have piece of mind in a shitty situation.

I gotta get some rest now , thanks for all the help again. Arfcom rulez  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
woo hoo....I made it off that soneofa bitch! Sorry I havent been able to post sooner, I was driving and didnt want to stop for fear it would get worse.

Anyways, lol at the webcam pic. That is so funny, it probably is me in the pic although there were some other cars though that were in similar situations.

The tow truck arrived and hooked me up and pulled me to the top, then I had to drive down. Its a hell of alot easier when you have gravity on your side to get though the snow.  

Im kinda scatter brained right now, after sitting in a damn car for ten or eleven hours.

I did manage to help some others when I was up there. I helped put chains on a few cars. I pushed out 4 cars to get them on their way...otherwise the plows couldnt make it through. Lent my LED flashlight to a few folks.

Im suprised that the initial post even made it though. The cellular bars were fluctuting from zero to one bars, it was real spotty because of the storm....but my little old post made it through ok.

Thanks fro all the help!, i'll have to take a few minutes to read them all.  I did learn that a storm can come down right on top of you and basically own you, I also learned that most motorists dont help each other out, might be a Seattle thing. I also learned that having a good flashlight makes the world a lot brighter when you need it, also having a carry pistol helps you have piece of mind in a shitty situation.

hes alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear you made it ok.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yep, had the GLOCK 19 with me at the time of our stickage.  Definately gives you some peace of mind.  Glad you made it out alright!!!

--VT
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Glad You made it out ok!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top