BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Okay, I know I'm probably jumping into a beehive here, but consider this.  While it's true that an M193 round probably does similar damage to a 12 guage slug at close range, what if you need to shoot through a barrier?

what kind of barrier? .223 pentrates mild steel and soft body armor better than 12 gauge slugs. Neither are particularly effective against autoglass or autobodys.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with all the above but there is no need for a wound cannal diagramn if the twelve gauge (343 grn ) hits you dead center in the old spine!!!

Is There?

Think of Chris Reeves!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
had a guy the other day shoot his wife three times with 12g in chest, then himself once in chest.  she was drt, we got him to the hospital be for he was pronounced.  not sure what loads he used.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
from some photos i've scene from a LEO involved shooting a while back a man  took 43 rounds of 9mm and continued to return fire. It took 3 slugs from a 870  to put him down. His wasn't  on anything either.

J

That was Illinois State Police when they first went to the Smith 39 and 9mm. They where using 115 gr softpoint Winchester ammo. The ammo of the day just didnt expand. The guy was huge over 300lbs if I recall. He was canked up on coke also.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
from some photos i've scene from a LEO involved shooting a while back a man  took 43 rounds of 9mm and continued to return fire. It took 3 slugs from a 870  to put him down. His wasn't  on anything either.

J

What did the LEO start with?  An MP5?

there were 6 LEOs with 92s the last one responded with the patrol shotgun.

J

Diffrent shooting same amount of rounds or close to it. The Illinois guy took 3 slugs before the last one severed his spine,
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top