Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Our guns have already been banned.  It's only getting worse and restrictions are only getting tighter.  I want a pro-gun President too, but it's not the only characteristic I'm going to look at.  

War is on the horizon.  The muslim world has declared war on our culture.  Therefore, the ability to lead our military is a big plus.  I'm not a woman hater. I love women, and I don't think men are better than women, but I have the common sense to admit that we are different.  Women are not natural leaders or negotiators, and therefore are not fit to be commander-in-chief.  Women are great at decorating my living room, which is important, but if I'm going into battle I don't want a lady leading the charge.  And everyone knows that it's true, after you look past the PC bullshit, that a woman isn't a soldier and shouldn't be leading soldiers.

Powell is a war hero.  I don't know his stance on guns, but I doubt he's a gun grabber.

If the government wants to ban my guns, they can come and take them.  Or at least try.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Women are not natural leaders or negotiators, and therefore are not fit to be commander-in-chief.  Women are great at decorating my living room, which is important,  

Rice is smarter, more conservative, tougher and more pro-gun than Powell

If you don't understand that, then the problem is with you - not Rice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Our guns have already been banned.  It's only getting worse and restrictions are only getting tighter.  I want a pro-gun President too, but it's not the only characteristic I'm going to look at.  

War is on the horizon.  The muslim world has declared war on our culture.  Therefore, the ability to lead our military is a big plus.  I'm not a woman hater. I love women, and I don't think men are better than women, but I have the common sense to admit that we are different.  Women are not natural leaders or negotiators, and therefore are not fit to be commander-in-chief.  Women are great at decorating my living room, which is important, but if I'm going into battle I don't want a lady leading the charge.  And everyone knows that it's true, after you look past the PC bullshit, that a woman isn't a soldier and shouldn't be leading soldiers.

Powell is a war hero.  I don't know his stance on guns, but I doubt he's a gun grabber.

If the government wants to ban my guns, they can come and take them.  Or at least try.  

Don't you  have some GI joe dolls you should be playing with?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Not even close for me.

Condi

HH
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Women are great at decorating my living room, which is important,  

Don't forget, Gheys are, too!

Oh, I'm sorry, were we talking about qualifications for POTUS or idiotic stereotypes?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Powell supports "reasonable" gun control.

Rice has made repeated, explicit statements emphasizing the role of the 2A and guns in protecting individuals and families as black Americans in the 1950s.  

Powell was ineffective as SecState; Rice has been outstanding. Whether this is due to character or Rice's connectedness to the President is your call.  Powell's life outside of government service; well, he had a book tour and ran that NGO which went nowhere...I think he is probably a nice guy who fixes Volvos as a shade-tree hobby (no lie) but not the man you need in the Oval Office.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
IMHO, one needs some demonstrative leadership ability and some real life experience to lead a country.

Like or dislike, personal beliefs or not... who is more qualified in term of leadership and experience, Powell or Rice?

When it comes right down to it, better ask the same question about any candidate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Neither.

Powell might be more qualified for the job (he's 100% politician).  Rice is a manager, not a leader - There's a huge difference.  There are much better options than either one of them.  Rice wouldn't survive the onslaught of the campaign.  Powell would, but I don't like his politics much.

I think people get too caught up in trying to figure out who to run against Hitlery instead of finding someone who we really want running the country.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Rice is more then acceptable.  

Why is Rice unnaceptable?

Her idiotic statements during hearings related to 9/11.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Powell Has seen combat. He knows our Military capabilities well. A 4-star General for President sounds alittle more convincing than some woman who advocates for guns.Vote Powell Now.

You've been doing too many of your namesake.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Neither,

I won't vote for a liberal puppet or a neo-con globalist.

Throwing my vote away again in 2008

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Our guns have already been banned.  

Mine haven't, trollboy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Rice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Rice for sure.   I don't think Powell is really a conservative.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Powell. I get a better vibe off him that he knows how to lead a country on the world stage. Military experience certainly doesn't hurt. He was in more than just Desert Storm.

As for Desert Storm, cutting the 1991 war short when he did was the correct thing to do. Even if the majority on this board don't accept it. That's why I think he'll make a good world leader.

The national leadership is, to me, more than just about firearms legislation.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As for Desert Storm, cutting the 1991 war short when he did was the correct thing to do.

In retrospect, no, it was not the correct thing to do.  But hindsight is 20/20.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Im not crazy about a woman president but since she is SO Pro-Gun I'd have to pick her. Powell likes to flip-flop to much IMO
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A lesbian over a war hero for President?  You got to be kidding...

War hero, my ass.

Dr. Rice has more intelligence and class in her pinky toe than Colon Powell. (intentionally misspelled)

SG
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I voted for Rice in your poll, but I don't really like either choice.

Powell's time has passed, if he ever had a time. I have always thought that he was overrated. Watching the public display of Powell being at odds with the Bush Administration over foreign policy was painful to say the least.

Condi is a good person, and I like her. Unfortunately, she is not an elected politician, and we should not try to make her so by pitting her against Hitlery in '08. Actually, I think that she is the exact opposite of  who the GOP should nominate to run in '08. We need to put up a straight-laced white guy with conservative credentials, like Senator George Allen from Virginia. Right or wrong, many people will not vote for a women president, particularly in war time. Running Condi against Hitlery is a dangerous gamble and might get Hitlery elected. Along the same lines, many people would not vote for Condi because she is black.

I think the GOP would be better off to give voters a more traditional choice and paint Hitlery with a neon liberal brush to expose the bitch as the communist she is.

While I expect to see a woman president in my lifetime, we have not yet reached the Promised Land. I just hope the party leaders don't succumb to the siren song of running a woman against another woman. Shirley Chisholm failed in 1968. Geraldine Ferraro failed in 1984. Now it's Hitlery's turn.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I am amazed that anyone who posts as much inane, incoherent, immature bullshit in as short an amount of time as yourself has the necessary facilities to operate something as complicated as a PC...I guess the damn things ARE getting to the point here they just about run themselves.

You'd really save us all alot of time and trouble if you went to school tomorrow instead of satying home playing with Daddy's laptop.

SG
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine haven't, trollboy.

Ok, cool, when can I come over to shoot your full-auto m4?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am amazed that anyone who posts as much inane, incoherent, immature bullshit in as short an amount of time as yourself has the necessary facilities to operate something as complicated as a PC...I guess the damn things ARE getting to the point here they just about run themselves.hool
SG

Why don't you state your viewpoint on the subject, and explain your reasoning, rather than just ridicule other people's opinions.  Most people aren't interested in hearing personal cheap shots.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine haven't, trollboy.

I can't afford one, but if I could, I could own one.  It's perfectly legal where I live and not hard at all to get approval here for Class Three.  One of my friends has an AC556 and a full auto Mac11.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As for Desert Storm, cutting the 1991 war short when he did was the correct thing to do.

It was a VERY sensitive situation, go into Baghdad, & half the coalition would have disbanded, every Arab country would have left the coalition, specificly S.Arabia which was our base of operations. Other than the UK, the European countries would have also not supported us. The world would have seen us as invaders instead of kuwaiti liberators. I know what people here will say: "We don't need any of the Arabs or Europeans or world approval, etc...." I agree, but those are the main reasons we did not go into Baghdad the first time.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why don't you state your viewpoint on the subject, and explain your reasoning, rather than just ridicule other people's opinions.  Most people aren't interested in hearing personal cheap shots.

As long as they are directed at you, I could stand to hear a few more...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a VERY sensitive situation, go into Baghdad, & half the coalition would have disbanded, every Arab country would have left the coalition, specificly S.Arabia which was our base of operations. Other than the UK, the European countries would have also not supported us. The world would have seen us as invaders instead of kuwaiti liberators. I know what people here will say: "We don't need any of the Arabs or Europeans or world approval, etc...." I agree, but those are the main reasons we did not go into Baghdad the first time.  

We could have moved our base of operations into a newly-grateful Kuwait.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine haven't, trollboy.

I can't afford one, but if I could, I could own one.  It's perfectly legal where I live and not hard at all to get approval here for Class Three.  One of my friends has an AC556 and a full auto Mac11.

I know it's possible to get one, but as far as I know, newly manufactured full-autos can't go into the hands of civilians, which means they'll be a rare antique in the near future, which is also the cause of the current high price.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

When you actually post something intelligient, you might get better results.

Until then, you'll appropriately be the subject of ridicule.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#29]
6:03 p.m. May 11, 2005

WASHINGTON – Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, recalling how her father took up arms to defend fellow blacks from racist whites in the segregated South, said Wednesday the constitutional right of Americans to own guns is as important as their rights to free speech and religion.

In an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Rice said she came to that view from personal experience. She said her father, a black minister, and his friends armed themselves to defend the black community in Birmingham, Ala., against the White Knight Riders in 1962 and 1963. She said if local authorities had had lists of registered weapons, she did not think her father and other blacks would have been able to defend themselves.

Birmingham, where Rice was born in 1954, was a focal point of racial tension. Four black girls were killed when a bomb exploded at a Birmingham church in 1963, a galvanizing moment in the fight for civil rights.

Rice said she favored background checks and controls at gun shows. However, she added, "we have to be very careful when we start abridging rights that the Founding Fathers thought very important."

Rice said the Founding Fathers understood "there might be circumstances that people like my father experienced in Birmingham, Ala., when, in fact, the police weren't going to protect you."

"I also don't think we get to pick and choose from the Constitution," she said in the interview, which was taped for airing Wednesday night. "The Second Amendment is as important as the First Amendment."

The First Amendment protects religious, press and speech freedoms as well as the rights to assemble and petition the government. The Second Amendment guarantees "a well-regulated militia" and "the right of the people to keep and bear arms." Gun-rights supporters and those who favor gun control disagree over whether the amendment guarantees individual gun ownership.

www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20050511-1803-rice-guns.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted: A lesbian over a war hero for President?  You got to be kidding...
You should probably tell her ex-NFL boyfriend that she is a lesbian...

Isn't he the director of the NFL nowadays?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever...  I have better things to do than to worry about something like that, so feel free to ridicule to your heart's content.

Name calling and flaming aren't raising the 'intelligence' of this discussion any.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine haven't, trollboy.

I know it's possible to get one, but as far as I know, newly manufactured full-autos can't go into the hands of civilians, which means they'll be a rare antique in the near future, which is also the cause of the current high price.  

The demand was never high to begin with.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever...  I have better things to do than to worry about something like that, so feel free to ridicule to your heart's content.

Name calling and flaming aren't raising the 'intelligence' of this discussion any.

Actually just about ANYTHING could raise the intelligence over your idiotic assertion that Secretary Rice is a lesbian.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Typical..........fall for the liberal bullshit about her being lesbian.  Fucking clueless.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever...  I have better things to do than to worry about something like that,

Like calling Condeleeza Rice a lesbian?

Yeah, you have your priorities all ironed out, trollboy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Each post gets more stupid than the previous one.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Your opinion isn't worth debating.  It is idiotic.

Where is NLD?  Apparently, you have no say in the matter anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

War hero, my ass.

Dr. Rice has more intelligence and class in her pinky toe than Colon Powell. (intentionally misspelled)

SG

So did/does Carter and Clinton.  Both are intelligent.  

Want Carter version 2.0, with a little conservatism thrown in?  Pick Rice.  I am not saying Powell is a better choice, I am saying "intelligence" alone will not make for a good leader.  Ronald Reagan was not a Rhodes Scholar, but he was a great patriot and a great president.  Presidents who are not patriots are bad, I don't care how smart they are.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Neither are statements like calling Dr. Rice a lesbian.  

Your first post in this thread...

Quoted:

And NOW you want to talk about "intelligence"?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither are statements like calling Dr. Rice a lesbian.  hr

I don't know she's a lesbian.  I don't get much news from back home here.  I saw several posts recently that implied she had come out of the closet.  Still my point stands.  Women aren't fit to be rulers.  The only people denying this are using flames and insults.  It's a waste of my time, and this is the last one I'm responding to.  I've stated my viewpoint, if you don't like it, then debunk it with logic and reason.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Rice has that same I-take-shit-from-no-one attitude as Thatcher had.  I'd love to see her as pres, particularly beacuse she's both black and women, that would make all of the US/Bush-haters go stab themself when he's replaced.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know she's a lesbian.  I don't get much news from back home here.  I saw several posts recently that implied she had come out of the closet.  Still my point stands.  Women aren't fit to be rulers.  The only people denying this are using flames and insults.  It's a waste of my time, and this is the last one I'm responding to.  I've stated my viewpoint, if you don't like it, then debunk it with logic and reason.

If you don't KNOW that she is a lesbian, why did you post it?

You have stated your viewpoint?????????  Calling the US Sec of State a lesbian, saying that women are not fit to be rulers (yeah, tell that to Margaret Thatcher and others)???????

The president of the US is not a "ruler", you nimrod.

You whine about "flames and insults" after making those absolutely stupid remarks.  You expect someone to be reasonable with someone who posts stupid shit like that.  You got what you deserve.

Logic and reason?????????  Based on your posts, you have no idea what either of those mean.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#44]
You might as well as who would win: Superman or the HULK?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can you debunk a point with 'logic and reason' when the point is based on neither?

Wherever you are outside of the US, stay there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
 Still my point stands.  Women aren't fit to be rulers.  The only people denying this are using flames and insults.  

No - the "only" people denying it are the ones who know better.

I guess you can explain, based on your logic and reasoning, how Margaret Thatcher wasn't "fit" to be a ruler?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Still my point stands.  Women aren't fit to be rulers.  The only people denying this are using flames and insults.  

No - the "only" people denying it are the ones who know better.

I guess you can explain, based on your logic and reasoning, how Margaret Thatcher wasn't "fit" to be a ruler?

Yeah, Golda Meir and Indira Ghandi, too.  What a couple of hacks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Each post gets more stupider than the previous one.  

Fixed
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#49]
+1 Rice
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#50]
I would vote for Rice over Powell.

Powell has made some stupid comments in the past.

Rice I dont know enough about.  If she ran for President I probably wouldnt vote for her.  Im sure I could find stupid things she has done or said which would be unforgiveable.

I dont know if she would sell us out to Mexico or Canada.  I dont know what she thinks about NAFTA or CAFTA.  I dont know what she thinks about illegal immmigration.  I dont know what she thinks about foreign countries.

I could care less what she thinks about abortion or healthcare,  because those arent in the responsibility of the President.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top