BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Hell No... We all own guns in Texas!

psshh I'd like to think that here in Dallas, things are changing, slowly.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]

There are a few of us in the shop that are gun nuts .  Our Supervisor is kinda freaked out about it .
He has made " jokes " about how maybe he should wear a bulletproof vest to work . Not sure where that is coming from .  We had a bunch of gun magazines and Cabellas type catalogs lying around .
One morning we came in and they were gone .     Corporate PC bullshit I'm sure .
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
When you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, anything you say about guns is instantly shunned by most poeple. I usually don't say I own guns until I know the person better or it comes up in some converstaion about them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a girlfriend ask what she was supposed to do if I started beating her one day. I showed her where my SP101 was, and replied: " If I ever go so bad as to start hitting a woman I love, take this revolver and blow five big holes in my chest." She ended the relationship two weeks later after I found out she was asking my good friend: " How do I stop him from buying guns?" He told her that you cant, and then he called me. I Liked that curly haired red head too. Too Bad her daddy gave her a case of bad wiring.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, mostly from yuppie couples that know my parents. Even better, I work at a gunstore. Its a double whammy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep.... but mostly because I'm always flaunting it

The worse responses was right after Columbine when a friends wife saw us talking in the front yard and came out screaming and yelling about how it was all my flaunt that all those kids died and that if there was any justice in the world someone would shoot me just so I would finally understand how evil guns are.

I guess I'm a heartless asshole....I just laughed at her.

I often lay awake at night and wonder what people did in the old days when someone needed killing and there was no guns. I guess no one died except from natural causes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I usually don't say I own guns until I know the person better or it comes up in some converstaion about them.

it's gotten that way with me now.  the story i mentioned in the first post of this thread isn't the only instance where i've gotten a negative reaction.  i really don't like to mention anything about guns until i know the person fairly well.

it's sad that some people have come to fear inanimate objects such as firearms.  i'm a lot more scared of the drunk drivers i see on highway 46 and loop 1604...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't want them to hurt me, so I lie and say they belong to my brother.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I just dated a woman for 6 months who HATED the fact that I own firearms and enjoy shooting.  Well, we were doomed from the begining.  I'm a Marine, and she's in grad school for women's studies.  Go figure!  She's the most liberal person I've ever met.  We could always have inteligent debates on things we disagreed on, from the military, women's rights, abortion, politics, war, stuff like that.  But, talking about shooting was another story.  She always got sooooooooo mad at me whenever it came up.  

Oh well, guns are cheaper than a woman anyway!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

and killed her favorite goat.

Funny how we get so smart so late and are so stupid so young.

(no flame. Sorry for the loss of her favorite goat)
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep.... but mostly because I'm always flaunting it

The worse responses was right after Columbine when a friends wife saw us talking in the front yard and came out screaming and yelling about how it was all my flaunt that all those kids died and that if there was any justice in the world someone would shoot me just so I would finally understand how evil guns are.

I guess I'm a heartless asshole....I just laughed at her.

I often lay awake at night and wonder what people did in the old days when someone needed killing and there was no guns. I guess no one died except from natural causes.

They just don't get it........violence begot weapons, not weapons beget violence. If people didn't need killing there would be no weapons period.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hell No... We all own guns in Texas!

psshh I'd like to think that here in Dallas, things are changing, slowly.

You need to move to a smaller town. My town does'nt even have a gun store. But everyone and their dog owns at least one...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I get a negative reaction every single day.  The guys that work for me try continuously to work something anti-gun or negative against me for owning guns into the conversation.  They're fanatical about it.  Almost all of them are cops that are retired or on disability so every single one of them is against ownership of firearms by civilians.  I keep a gun in the desk when working late nights on weekends or when sleeping on the couch in my office (since the office is in a bad neighborhood), and I get constant hell from them about it.  I'm the GM, have worked here longer than anyone else, and have the owner's permission, so I can do it, but sometimes I think it would just be easier to be unarmed than constantly deal with those former cops.

Now that I think about it, outside of gun shows and gun shops, I can't remember a single positive reaction to the subject of guns around here in decades.  Other than a few family members, every person I know is very anti-gun.  Even the most financially and socially conservative people I know are anti-gun.  Sometimes I feel more like I live in Boston than in SC.z

Zoom, it not the GUNS they are having a negative reaction too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Being 15 years old, and attending a rather large high school in CT, I usually won't tell anyone that I like to shoot or hunt unless they ask. Most people just say "oh," but some say "please don't shoot me," usually (and hopefully) joking. I'm not tolerant of any ignorant remarks about me, though, and will not hesitate to express myself on why that person is a moron for making those biased and judgemental remarks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#15]
A couple of times.  They were no real loss though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Honestly,  I've never had any problems except for some minor altercations with a few "deer hunter" types.  We are our own worst enemy for sure. I even live and work in Liberal Central.

When people find out I'm a cop on the other hand.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
nope, and screw them if they don't like it

One of my wife's best HS friends is libtard professor of some child psycobabble crap at the U of GA.  She's scared of guns, but lets her neutered kid play with paint ball guns.

To make it worse she married some pussy from the Dominican Republic who's just as lib as her.

If they don't like my guns, they can stay the fuck away.

Freaks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Around here everyone assumes the other is a gun owner.

Monday, as I was walking through the lobby of a professional building, I said to a stranger sitting in the common area, who had his head in his hands, "You look tired." To which he replied, "Yeah, I need to take some time off, maybe go to the range."

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and killed her favorite goat.

Funny how we get so smart so late and are so stupid so young.

(no flame. Sorry for the loss of her favorite goat)

I give two craps less...lol

I hate those friggin goats.

The only thing good that came of them is now my wife sees teh value of guns, and,
is now more into them than ever.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Around here everyone assumes the other is a gun owner.

Truer words have never been spoken.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a really liberal friend in college who hated guns.  Kept asking why I needed them.  Finally I told her that I needed guns to kill abortion doctors.  She wasn't amused.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
nope, and screw them if they don't like it

Nothing more needs to be said
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The wife an I had a friend who was married to a liberal arts type from W. Texas.  He acted in local plays.  If we went to any gathering with them I would be verbally attacked by the extremely intolerant, cruel, mean-spirited, vicious, judgmental liberals he hung out with.  

One woman even freaked out when she found out that I wanted to buy an ultra-light plane.  She thought that I would destroy the environment...all by myself.

The liberals we encountered back then were very articulate, but totally lacking in the ability to reach conclusions that were anywhere near correct.  Not a prayer of thinking through to a correct conclusion.

Reality, how things actually are, and the relationship between cause and effect were totally lacking in these people.

Another thing I noticed in Austin, people were extremely careful to choose clothes, vehicles, and everything else to conform to some unwritten code of correctness.  It was like a police-state and still is.  

A few years ago I went to a bicycle race there wearing a Dallas Cowboys hat, the kind with the high front.  Boy, I sure did get a lot of disapproving looks.  In austin, hats have to be the kind that don't have the raised front, conform to the head, have to be in earth tones, and have to be about liberal themes.  Also, my face is wide, white and Irish looking.  That face shape and color gets a lot of disapproval in austin.  I'm old and overweight too.  In austin you need to have a thin face, be nordic but have a good tan.  You also need to be young and thin.  Wide, Irish looking faces are definitely something bad and are not tolerated by the 'enlightened'.  Overweight is just unforgivable to the 'liberal elite'.  Lance Armstrong has the look they like.  

It is not just about guns, there is a lot more to it.  They will never like us and we will never like them.

Memo to liberals:  unthinking idiots:  put down the crack pipe, joint, coke spoon, heroin syringe, pull up your pants,  and..........GET A JOB.  

A real job too,  like fixing SUV's.  Or, cutting down trees to make lumber for new homes.  Or, build highways.  Or, drill for oil.   Do something useful...for once in your lives.

I need to visit Austin, I can SO piss off all the libtards there.

Hispanic, pick up truck driving, country music listening, duck killing, AR shooting, military veteran member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah but it was a girl from San Francisco, and a girl from Chicago.  Not really a big surprise.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Guys at my work know I collect weapons and build guns and stuff. They are constantly making jokes about me. Like if my supervisor has something bad to tell me, he is all like “Now you aren’t feeling like going postal today are ya?” Or if someone is messing with me, the other guys are like, “Don’t be messing with a guy like him, he might shoot you with one of his many guns”. It does bring respect, but I don’t think it is the right kind. So I always make a note to tell them I’m not going to kill you if you piss me off and just relax and treat me like normal. I also got this a lot in school growing up, being a gun nut throughout my life. Then things like, “You aren't going to go Columbine are you?” started after that happened and I was still in high school at the time. And then there are people I meet after work. Some people are scared of anyone who has a gun and isn’t law enforcement. I mean I’m in the military and they still don’t like the fact I carry a gun. Especially girls who have never seen the ugly world yet for what it really is. Some parents “protect” them from the world. So they instantly think I’m a bad guy. Now on the other hand, some girls have actually dated me for the sole purpose to protect them since they knew I have lots of guns and carry. And then there are the girls who become my girlfriends, they are open to the fact that I carry a weapon and collect them and they think it is just fine. The girl I’m dating now is letting me teach her how to shoot and wants to carry a pistol now, so I’ll probably keep her around.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Just a few I'll mention. I went to a store and asked the store clerk if they sold spotting scopes. She said "Going to watch Eagles, huh?" I'm like "huh???, No I'm spotting targets". Confused look. "You know, rifles, and shooting at Camp Perry?" I thought she crapped her pants then from the look on her face.

Long ago the main office building was shot with about 12 or so rounds and many jokingly asked where I was that night. With a serious face I told them that they know it's not me because I have 40 round mags and 75 round drums and if I did it, it would be done right.

The plant manager came in to talk to my supervisor and the topic of guns came up. The manager said that he heard that our department (only 7 of us) had a lot of guns. My supervisor told him that we most likely had more firepower than the rest of the plant combined (about 500). I heard the manager's face got very pale and changed the subject.

Many of the "what do you need that for", or "are you in the militia" and "are you mad or upset about anything" type comments I've had.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#27]
if I were you id tell your boss, and any other shooting buddies you have that you dont want the whole world to know how many guns you have and to keep the gun talk to a sensible level in public places, like work.

I have never had a bad reaction from anyone finding out that I owned guns, accept for one time in the last election when I was in the grocery store and I was wearing one of those "Im the NRA and I vote!" stickers and some elderly lady saw it and looked at me like I was satan, the antichrist and the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse all rolled up into one. Took everything in me to keep from collapsing from laughing so hard.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife was talking to one of her VERY republican, conservative, hunting, gal-pals and mentioned that I just bought another gun (cuz she doesn't like me spending money that could be used for bills and etc... oh, yeah,pics in the team forum!), and her friend says "Another gun?! What kind does he already have?". To which my wife replies, "He has an AR15 and now he's buying an AK47...". Well, her friend says "What the hell does he need so many semi-automatics for?!?"
As if 2 semi-auto carbines could kill every person, kick every puppy, and put a plexiglass-sealed cheeseburger in front of every Ethiopian in the world!   Puh-Leaze!!!!!!!!!
Of course, this doesn't bother me because I know this woman to be about as shit-for-brained as they come.....

edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
... and her friend says "Another gun?! What kind does he already have?". To which my wife replies, "He has an AR15 and now he's buying an AK47...".

Well, her friend says "What the hell does he need so many SEMI-AUTOMATICS for?!?"

As if 2 semi-auto carbines could kill every person, kick every puppy, and put a plexiglass-sealed cheeseburger in front of every Ethiopian in the world!   Puh-Leaze!!!!!!!!!

That's funny.  

Tell her you NEED at least, 5-Times-As-Many semi-auto's, cause the gooberment has forced the cost of machine guns to be 10-Times what they should actually be worth.  

Right!

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Memo to liberals: unthinking idiots: put down the crack pipe, joint, coke spoon, heroin syringe, pull up your pants, and..........GET A JOB.

A real job too, like fixing SUV's. Or, cutting down trees to make lumber for new homes. Or, build highways. Or, drill for oil. Do something useful...for once in your lives.

This would make an outstanding bumper sticker.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top