Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2003 8:00:32 AM EDT
Its happened to me twice and one was ok and turned out to be a down to earth kinda girl, the other was not very good looking.

But it does make life alot easier trying to figure out the ladies.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Happened to me a couple times recently.  One girl was 5'4" and probably in excess of 230 lbs..  The other one was 4'11" and 160+ lbs.

If you want a decent girl you gotta make the move on them, IME.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time that happened to me they still used a lettered prefix.   [:\]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Once.

I was on leave and went out with a few friends to a night club in NYS.  Saw a pretty girl in line behind me and she later came up to me in the club and we got to chatting.  She asked if I wanted to join her and her friends to another club.  I declined, as it was my second night home and I hadn't seen my friends in a few years.  She gave me her number to call her later in the week.

Come to find out, she was a student of my father's and was a senior in HS and had a great fake ID.  I didn't call her.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its happened to me twice and one was ok and turned out to be a down to earth kinda girl, the other was not very good looking.

But it does make life alot easier trying to figure out the ladies.

View Quote

Monday night at the bar this chick walked up to me and grabbed my package and said lets go fuck. I would have been more than happy to but the chick i was with seemed a little pissed so i had to pass, i still got her number though....plan B gotta have a plan B
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Monday night at the bar this chick walked up to me and grabbed my package and said lets go fuck. I would have been more than happy to but the chick i was with seemed a little pissed so i had to pass, i still got her number though....plan B gotta have a plan B
View Quote

Is that the theme to the Crying Game I hear???
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in a bar about 6 years ago waiting on my G/F. A fine looking young lady was eyeballing me incessantly, since I was attached I just pretended not to notice. Eventually she came up behind me and wispered in my ear that she wanted to take me home and give me the best B/J I had ever had. [shock]

That was the most difficult "no thank you" I have ever had to say.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#9]

If you want a decent girl you gotta make the move on them, IME.

-Nick Viejo.
View Quote

yep if there real hot they making a fucking project or mission out of it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Getting phone numbers has not really been a problem with me. It's just finding the right person is more challenging. All I have to go on is their appearance. After talking to them on the phone...I find out things.

Really, if you are height/weight proportionate, can articulate your thoughts reasonably, don't come across as a wolf, shower on a regular basis, then you should not hesitate to ask women for their phone numbers. They are usually quite flattered, even if you are not their type. If they are not interested, they would just say something like "I have a boyfriend" - their response is based on how you ask. Much to gain, little to lose.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that the theme to the Crying Game I hear???
View Quote

Hey if the chick i'm with now wasn't so freakin awsome i would have just taken the flavor of the day but....And  it's a bit one. Never piss off a woman who can handle an AR better than you!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Since today is my 14 anniversary I can reminisce back to the time right before I met my wife. I was at a famous local Mexican restaurant with 2 of my friends. We were going to go out chasing young ladies after dinner. The table next to us had about 6 guys and one incredibly beautiful blond,long hair past her waist and a perfect body. We made eye contact several times. She stepped away from the table and walks past. I could swear there were lightning bolts traveling between us as she walked by. On the way back she hands me her card and asks me to call her. My buds couldn't believe it, they still rib me about it now. I called and we had an incredible fling. But then I met my wife. Almost as pretty but twice the heart. And not the type to pick up a strange guy. But, I still remember that as the best ego boost I ever had as a single man.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#13]
No, they always demand cash up front.

Even then, all I get is a damn pager number...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Back in my roaring 20's, I had several memorable times...one happened at the apartment swimming pool.  I had Friday afternoons off during the summer (damn I was lucky) and would spend them working on skin cancer.  This one day it was hot.  Damn hot.  I would have some nice crotch pot cooking in 15 or so minutes so I would take a dip in the pool, diving into the deep end and swimming underwater to the shallow.  After a few cycles of this, I noticed a nice looking 30-something sunning herself by the other (shallow) end.  Time to make my move.  We must have been on the same wavelength because she made the move first. It wasn't a grap or a number, she just cornered me in the pool, standing guard by the steps.  I couldn't get out any other way as the deck around the pool made it nigh impossible, not that I wanted to escape her...

We talk for a few minutes and all the time I was wondering how long I could last because I had been drinking...bladder was 1/2 full and filling fast.  Finally it got to be too much...I said I needed to get going but she would not let me past her without saying the password.  "Your place or mine"?  BINGO!  

BTW, her place was closer.  Ever try spritzing porcelin with a stiffy?  In a hurry?

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#15]
One did.

I married her!

TXL
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Man, all the women I try to talk to seem to be lesbians.

[whacko]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Been a few years back, but one night after playing Racket ball with guys from work we were sitting around drinking a couple and this girl seemed to be checking me out, nothing said but just a few looks. Well after a couple we all started to get up and leave when this girl stands up and says, " hey, you going home with them or me?" and with that I said " nite guys"
and you can fill in the rest.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Man, all the women I try to talk to seem to be lesbians.

[whacko]
View Quote

Were they lesbians before you approached them?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#19]
A super attractive woman once told me that if you go to bar and ignore everyone, woman will be drawn to you like stink on poop.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't it suck if some hot women did give you her number unprovoked, but then when you call her (after days of strutting around and feeling cool), it turns out to be the number of a plastic surgeon, a psychiatrist or an orthodontist that specializes in curing really bad breath.

Now that would suck! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I had one woman give me her phone number out of the blue. My friends and I were playing volleyball at the local park, and some young women stopped to watch us. When I went to get a drink of water from my bottle, one of them walks over to me and hands me a piece of paper with her name, and phone number on it. It also said "call me tonight!" So I did. We had about a 2 week fling which comprised of not much more than just raw sex. Maybe a movie and a few dinners, but moslty just sex.

At a friends wedding in Iowa City, I actually had one guest give me her hotel key, after saying she would be leaving shortly, she said she hoped to see me there in 20 minutes.

What the hell, I was a stranger in from out of state. She wasn't drop dead gorgeous, but she did have a rocking body and an average face.
All I knew of her was her first name. Not her last, not where she was from or anything else. Just "Rebecca".

I have had some women ask for my phone number, and one called me the next night to see if I wanted to meet her for a few drinks. I was on my way out the door on a call from work, otherwise I would have gladly accepted. I told her I couldn't, and explained why...and told her I would tkae a rain check for some other night...but she never called back. bummer, cause she was a hottie (by my standards at least).
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#22]
It has happened to me three or four times in my life. But i figured out right away that the type of woman who does that has "issues" and is sleeping with a different guy every night. So no thanks, I'm not interested.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#24]
A girl sitting next to me gave me her number (without me asking) during the graduation ceremony for my Bachelor's.  We had one date, and she turned out to be a liberal loser.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It has happened to me three or four times in my life. But i figured out right away that the type of woman who does that has "issues" and is sleeping with a different guy every night. So no thanks, I'm not interested.
View Quote

Bingo!  While it is a bit of an instant turn on, my skankophobia kicks in real quickly.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I always liked the way they'd leave their earings behind. LOL. I guess you were supposed to call them to tell them they left them, etc, etc.
Shit, like I could tell whose f'ing earings were whose. Then eventually they come over, "Did you find my earings?" or whatever piece of jewelry they were looking for. It was a little embarassing to have to open my drawer and let them look through all the jewelry lying in there.

As for phone numbers, don't think I ever even looked at one. Just threw 'em out. After all, WTF would I want their phone number for?! Rarely even went out on an official "date" until I met my wife. Class act all the way, not too many of those out there. At least, didn't seem like it when I was younger.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Keith, that only happened AFTER I met my wife. As soon as we started living together I had 3 chances for doubles in a week! Arrggghhh.
Talk about temptation!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#28]
She handed me her card and told me that she wanted to see me again, and again.  I made it a point to make sure that I did call and see her at least once a month.
Nicest parole officer you could ask for.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A super attractive woman once told me that if you go to bar and ignore everyone, woman will be drawn to you like stink on poop.  
View Quote

Ya right. I tried this and got ignored right back.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#31]
seems like when i was single the well was always dry, but as soon as i'd find a steady girlfriend again, they'd come out of the woodwork, was tough being the good guy in those instances.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys are true ARFCOM Pimps! [+]:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
seems like when i was single the well was always dry, but as soon as i'd find a steady girlfriend again, they'd come out of the woodwork, was tough being the good guy in those instances.
View Quote

No doubt. If there's 2 things women want it is:

-what they can't have

-what another woman has.

[devil]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Wouldn't it suck if ... specializes in curing really bad breath.
View Quote

DK, is there a story you'd like to share with the group? [:)]

I've seen an unsolicited telephone number offer once.  I spend a lot of time with my two great-nephews that are both 31 and never married.  One complains that he hasn't had a girl say yes to a date in just over seven years!  I think the other one's only had a couple in the past five years.  They're both normal, have engineering degrees, dress nicely, and having nothing overtly wrong with them.  Of course, I'm an older relative speaking, so I'm not unbiased.   I've seen both of them ask for numbers and get laughed at, spit on, dirty looks, and simple "hell no's."  I don't understand it at all.  Anyway, I did see one of them get an unsolicited offer once.  We were in restaurant in Clemson, SC, and this girl handed him a piece of paper and whispered in his ear.  He handed the paper back to her and asked her not to make fun of him.  Well, she was serious.  Of course, he had ruined it by then.  I got to listen to him complain for months for messing that up.z
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#36]
yup......all the time
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
yup......all the time
View Quote

We are talking about women othen then your mom there junior! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#38]
[b]has a women ever just handed you her number, or do you have to ask?[/b]

Ask for what?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've seen an unsolicited telephone number offer once.  I spend a lot of time with my two great-nephews that are both 31 and never married.  One complains that he hasn't had a girl say yes to a date in just over seven years!  I think the other one's only had a couple in the past five years.  They're both normal, have engineering degrees, dress nicely, and having nothing overtly wrong with them.  Of course, I'm an older relative speaking, so I'm not unbiased.   I've seen both of them ask for numbers and get laughed at, spit on, dirty looks, and simple "hell no's."  I don't understand it at all.  Anyway, I did see one of them get an unsolicited offer once.  We were in restaurant in Clemson, SC, and this girl handed him a piece of paper and whispered in his ear.  He handed the paper back to her and asked her not to make fun of him.  Well, she was serious.  Of course, he had ruined it by then.  I got to listen to him complain for months for messing that up.z
View Quote

Can't blame him though.  I would have reacted the same exact way.  Some gal hands you her # out of the blue= set-up.  Especially if your asshole buddies are there at the time.  
Most likely the chick was jerking your nephews chain, got busted on it & then claimed to be serious just to make him feel like shit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#41]
If a hot girl randomly gives you their number, knock them on the ground and demand to know who they work for. Its a trap. [%|] Never happened to me, but if it did I would be paranoid, but my ego would be boosted.  Last time I felt good was when 3 cute girls slapped my ass in a row.  I was sexually harrassed and damn I liked it. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i usually found stalking and begging worked well for me [:D]
View Quote

What the hell. Something different works for everyone[:D]

When I was in the Marines I worked nights as a bouncer in a bar just off base. Called the Canton and was in Beaufort, SC. Anyone been there? Very rowdy place but lots of fun. Anyway, I digress.

One of the civilians who used to come in there would always single out some chick in the bar and start hitting on her. first, he'd just start talking to them and then he'd try to buy them a drink, get them to dance, etc. They pretty much always said no. He'd keep on and they'd get a little pissed and eventually just tell him to piss off. Not this guy. He'd start laying out his big sob story. They looked absolutely disgusted with this guy. But he'd keep on and on, wearing them down like an old pro. He'd even start crying, even sobbing. Eventually, they would always submit to his will and go home with him. No shit. I NEVER saw this guy strike out. Not once. He'd work 'em for hours but they always gave in. LMAO. Way beneath me but hey, who am I to argue with success.

Working that place taught me more about human  psychology than I ever learned in my med training. After all, my job was watching people.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

[b]BWWAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA[/b].....Hell, in my case, [i]begging[/i] won't even result in my getting a phone number.
View Quote

You said it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#44]
BETTER! At perhaps one of the lowest points in my life, Lady Rain called me up and asked me out on a date.
This is a big deal. We were both in our mid-to -late 40"s at the time, both surviving the "train wreck" caused by the end of our respective marriages brought on us by our no-account spouses, and we are not of a generation that the ladies called a man.
While I had begun to date at that point, I was still skittish and not working at it real hard.
I’d take someone out once or twice, then back off before it went too far.

We were casual acquaintances and Lady Rain decided that if anything were to happen between us that she was going to have to make it move along.
She called, was obviously in disbelief that she was actually doing this, and asked me out.
We’ve been a team for close to 4 years now.

Lady Rain still gives me crap about making her “do the dirty work”, but her instincts were good, we do balance each other out. Unfortunately I am still skittish about relationships in general, thank God she is a patient and understanding woman.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Actually, it just happened to me. I had been to a buddy's wedding, and some friends I hadn't seen in forever were there. They said they were going to see a local band we all liked after the reception, so I ended up meeting them there. A female friend of theirs and I got to talking, and at the end of the night she asks if I want her number. She wasn't bad (or so I thought after 10 rounds with Jose Cuervo) so I called her the next week and we went out. Long story short, what looked to be 10 years younger than me the first time we met turned out to be 10 years older. She may have outweighed me too. All it cost me was dinner. [>(]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#46]
It happens to me all the time but, for some strange reason, they all have the same 900 area code.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#47]
The only time I can remember that happening to me was about 3, or 4 years ago. I was in Iquitos Peru on a missions trip. I was the youth pastor at the time, & we were there working with a church doing street evangelism for 2 weeks. It is hard work as the city is large dirty, & smelly. It is your basic poverty ridden 3rd world country. We evangelized the 1st week, & had regular nightly services. The last night was to be a free night for everyone, so I asked the pastor of the Church a few days before the last night if I could do a youth service. He said sure. That night he announced it to the whole congregation, & said he expected all youth up to the age of 99 to be there for it. We went out the next day to a public school, & shared our faith with the kids, & then the teachers. We were told to each pray for a teachers needs, & invite them to the meetings at the church. The beautiful young lady I prayed for came to the meeting that night decked out to the 9's. When service was over I was milling around up front waiting for some of my friends to finish with their business, & she walked up, gave me a hug & reached for my hand like a in hand shake fashion. I reached out & she put a folded piece of paper in my hand, & said in broken english. Come to my house, I love you. I was stunned to say the lease,& my face probably showed it. I could only feel bad as she walked away. I opened the paper, & it was her phone #, & address. I gave it to the pastor of the church right away so as to avoid any possible temptation to call. I was, & still am a married man. I didn't tell my wife that night on the phone as we talked, but I did when I'd been home for a while. The lady was beautiful, & built, but not mine to test drive.
I know many men would say I was  fool to pass her up, being 3,000 miles from home, with little chance of being caught, but I would have always known, & regretted it if I had. God would have known too, & my wife is no slouch, I think it would have been like when Lotka cheated on Simka. The moment I walked through the door,& said hi, she would take 1 look at me & say "YOU DID IT WITH ANOTHER WOMAN", & I would have never lived it down.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#48]
just happened to me 2 weekends ago.  i was at a wedding reception and started talking to this one girl.  she was pretty hot but i was kinda drunk so i wasnt intimidated.  when she was ready to leave she asked if i wanted to go out sometime and gave me her phone number.  i accepted. [:)]  we have been out 3 times so far and shes coming to my house saturday night.  cha ching.  [:)]  i think that was the first time i didnt have to ask.  this girl is fine 2.  she probably only weighs 110lbs and looks good.  the only downside is that she has a little girl.  that doesnt bother me 2 much though.  i like kids.  seems like most the women in my age bracket have kids nowadays anyway. (im 28)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
just happened to me 2 weekends ago.  i was at a wedding reception and started talking to this one girl.  she was pretty hot but i was kinda drunk so i wasnt intimidated.  when she was ready to leave she asked if i wanted to go out sometime and gave me her phone number.  i accepted. [:)]  we have been out 3 times so far and shes coming to my house saturday night.  cha ching.  [:)]  i think that was the first time i didnt have to ask.  this girl is fine 2.  she probably only weighs 110lbs and looks good.  the only downside is that she has a little girl.  that doesnt bother me 2 much though.  i like kids.  seems like most the women in my age bracket have kids nowadays anyway. (im 28)
View Quote

And they're already married....

-oh well, your name will soon no longer be "durk", it will be "daddy"[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Searcherfortruth:
Much respect.

And keep the bail bonds stories coming, too...

-Hobbit
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top