BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I just got a Glock 30.  

I have no use for any of the full-size Glocks.  I can shoot the smaller ones just as well, and still use the larger magazines.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They just don't point naturally given the way most folks hold their hands out, the finger grooves are made for people with dainty hands and the thick trigger guard combined with the finger grooves and the length/shape of the backstrap just doesn't lend itself to the way many people shoot.  I'm not saying I can't shoot it, I can and I respect its reliability, but I have to think about it more than I do other guns which tend to point much more naturally for me.  Removing the finger grooves, relieving the trigger guard and modifying the backstrap definitely help (note that there is a decent sized market for Glock grip mods).  It's still blocky feeling in the hand though.  

Use whatever works for you though.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Glocks are ugly, and they point high.

I don't like them.

If you like them, great. Have fun shooting stuff with them.

I will be shooting stuff with my 1911s.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just got a Glock 30.  

I have no use for any of the full-size Glocks.  I can shoot the smaller ones just as well, and still use the larger magazines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just got a Glock 30.  

That'll make a fine defense belly gun for you I'm sure. I for one will never buy a glock for many reasons. One being this:
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That'll make a fine defense belly gun for you I'm sure. I for one will never buy a glock for many reasons. One being this:
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag64/ARWrench223/Snapbucket/055254FA_zps132ae76c.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got a Glock 30.  

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag64/ARWrench223/Snapbucket/055254FA_zps132ae76c.jpg

It's all about preference.  My first centerfire pistol was a Glock, so the grip angle and sights are just normal to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Beavertail in completely different place on examples shown.

So its not the grip angle as much as the hand to grip angle, which is different based on placement of beavertail relational to grip.
View Quote
That's actually an excellent point, and not something I noticed until I read your post.  It really is quite dramatic when you look at that in relation to the rest, though.

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
it's just an excuse for lack of shooting skill or adaptability

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I am much more accurate with my 1911 than with my glock.  I assume it is due to the fact that the trigger on the 1911 is a metric shit ton better than the trigger on the glock.  It doesn't have anything to do with grip angle IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I am much more accurate with my 1911 than with my glock.  I assume it is due to the fact that the trigger on the 1911 is a metric shit ton better than the trigger on the glock.  It doesn't have anything to do with grip angle IMHO.
View Quote
I shoot 1911s much better than the Glock I own, grip angle doesnt mean much unless you are shooting from the hip, then it means everything because you will naturally point a 1911 correctly and shoot high with a Glock. Try it without cheating.

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They had to invent something else to bitch about when thy finally admitted that Glocks wouldn't melt in the car on a hot day.
View Quote

Thanks, I'm here laughing my ass off in a hospital and every nurse is giving me the "asshole" look.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the Glock points better with two hands, and the 1911 points better with one hand.

Wasn't the dominate shooting stance in the early 1900's-1960's the straight armed, one handed, straight legged, back straight, up right posture, standing slightly sideways to your target shooting stance? Makes sense to me that the 1911 points better with a one handed stance. But I like my Glock and the way it points, seems really nature to me when holding it with two hands.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top