the mog is nice and is very capable but its still a Mercedes
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The ARFCOM of military vehicles.

Steel Soldiers

Enjoy.

+1.

You shouldn't need any special title or driver's license to drive a deuce, it's only 13K lbs on the hoof.  Since this has been bobbed, it'll weigh even less.  Insurance should be pretty cheap also, as reported over at the SS site.

If you decide to buy it and drive it home from NJ to FL, take ear muffs and plugs, you'll need them.

Good luck.

Merlin
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course, you'll need a bumper sticker that reads: "Hummers are for kids"  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I like this thread.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
F3RR3T, where do you live? Around Okeechobee? Curious to see if you would go to any of the mudfest events around there (LCross, C&R, Okeechobee Mudfest) if you had that...

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]
We have an M35 in WV and have it registerd as an antique (1968 Kaiser).  No problems driving it on the roads or getting it insured, registered, etc., nor is a special license required to drive it.

www.extremefirepower.com/gpics.html

If you decide to pass on the truck in NJ send me a PM and I'll give you the contact info for a guy in NC who buys these from DRMO and restores them.

Just something else to consider - diesel is averaging $5/gal and these things get about 10 mpg on the highway.  Driving it home from NJ to FL is going to be an expensive trip just in fuel.

The best part of having one is looking down on H2 drivers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at some M35's this morning, and have decided that it's probably the ultimate bugout veh, besides and Abrams just because of the multiple fuel options.  Nice ride for sure.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
<snip>

im curious because the lift laws in florida and this greatly exceeds them by like 15-20 inches

If it weighs over 5000lbs there is no regulation / legal height limit in Florida.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Weird...My neighbor just picked up 7, thats right 7 of them. They just showed up about a 2 weeks ago. Not sure even where he got them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#10]
You go and ask at the DMV.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
heres a pick of it

That truck is awesome!.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't know about it streetability in FL but it sure is badass!  I think most cops will give you a pass just because it so cool.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't know about it streetability in FL but it sure is badass!  I think most cops will give you a pass just because it so cool.

OR WRITE A TICKET cuz there wife wont let them have one
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
heres a pick of it

i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/F3RR3T_01/e833_3.jpg

That truck is awesome!.

Except for the front lift blocks, I'd agree with you.  Those need to be gotten rid of, certainly before it's driven from NJ to FL, IMO.

Merlin
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
F3RR3T, where do you live? Around Okeechobee? Curious to see if you would go to any of the mudfest events around there (LCross, C&R, Okeechobee Mudfest) if you had that...

i live in ocala mud ya i got ot horsehole been to mudfest before

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:14:59 AM EDT
[#16]
What's the link to the Pirate thread?

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8317266#post8317266
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:33:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8317266#post8317266

Chit-chat, no wonder the assholes came out of the woodwork.

Next time, post a tech question in the General four wheeling or the Newbie General areas.  There's a few mil-vehicle owners on Pirate, but they probably don't lurk in the C-C area.

You still got some decent answers, though.  On the road, the power-less steering won't be that big a problem, but it will be in parking lots at slow speed, it will just get old quick.

Top speed will be helped by the 52's, but you're still going to block traffic in the slow lane on the interstates, both because of your speed and the drive-by goggling, people including drivers, will stare as they go by.

Good luck.

Merlin
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:59:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome!!!!!

You are going to dwarf everything on the road for sure.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Awesome!!!!!

You are going to dwarf everything on the road for sure.

i dont plan on driving it much

mainly just a bov  

just need to call the atf andtry to get some chainguns to mount on the roof. if they ask why ill just tell them ZOMBIES
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i live in ocala mud ya i got ot horsehole been to mudfest before

10-4 - If I get stuck, I will be flagging you down for sure!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:16:25 AM EDT
[#22]
You need to drive a deuce before you buy one.  Seriously, don't t think of this thing in terms of "giant Jeep".  Think "farm machinery".  A 2.5 ton military truck is not a fun or exciting vehicle, and for a BOV, the actual usable cargo space is very limited.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm a wheeler myself...I have a '97 Jeep TJ longarmed, locked, on 36" Iroks and a DD '05 Rubicon Unlimited on 33"s....lift blocks are total crap and a bootyfab way of fitting tires too damn big for your own good...he could have gotten 44's on it without the lift blocks and it still would have been an awesome wheeler.

There is a company in Pennsylvania called Easternsurplus that does the conversion of removing the rear axle and making it a 4 wheel vehicle.  They will sell you an M35 already converted or will convert yours for $2500.  If you are serious I would talk to them:

http://www.easternsurplus.net/

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#24]
If your going to be drining that on the road, then for the love of GOD!!! Take the damn lift blocks off the front axle.

Spitting a lift block out after a hard stop and killing someone is not worth the cool factor of runing 50+" tires.

Seriously! Taht truck is bad ass except for the ultra ghetto redneck lift blocks on the front.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Posted a pic on pirate for ya!

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If your going to be drining that on the road, then for the love of GOD!!! Take the damn lift blocks off the front axle.

Spitting a lift block out after a hard stop and killing someone is not worth the cool factor of runing 50+" tires.

Seriously! Taht truck is bad ass except for the ultra ghetto redneck lift blocks on the front.

this i know ass i said on page to the lift blocks are going and a 4 link is going on
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top