User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
QUEUE: "I think I'm going bald."

...Seemed appropriate

Just listened to "Caress of Steel" this morning!!!!  That's my theme song!!!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Okay you freaky Rush lovers...give me some REASONS why you like them so much...I mean, all the songs sound the same...

Someone give this lady a ride in the Red Barchetta please.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]
As a drummer,you KNOW where I stand!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
They only had a couple of decent tunes.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They only had a couple of decent tunes.

Surely, you jest.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The only thing that sucks is the little "teh suck". How does SIIHPAPP get banned but that doesn't???

Anyway, Rush is great. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their newer material. Neil Peart IS the greatest percussionist out there period, though Tommy Aldridge is the best pure rock n' roll drummer IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I never liked them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The only thing that sucks is the little "teh suck". How does SIIHPAPP get banned but that doesn't???

Anyway, Rush is great. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their newer material. Neil Peart IS the greatest percussionist out there period, though Tommy Aldridge JOHN BONHAM is the best pure rock n' roll drummer IMHO.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, Rush is great. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their newer material. Neil Peart IS the greatest percussionist out there period, though Tommy Aldridge JOHN BONHAM Mike Portnoy is the best pure rock n' roll drummer IMHO.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw RUSH from the 3rd row center earlier this summer, my 1st RUSH concert.  I was not a fan before the show, but they are awesome when you see them live and up close.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw them in concert a year ago, they rocked.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, Rush is great. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their newer material. Neil Peart IS the greatest percussionist out there period, though Tommy Aldridge JOHN BONHAM Mike Portnoy Ginger Baker is the best pure rock n' roll drummer IMHO.

Hey, this is fun!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Our first stop is in Bogota
To check Colombian fields
The natives smile and pass along
A sample of their yield
Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams
Golden Acapulco nights
Then Morocco, and the East,
Fly by morning light

We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
We burn the midnight oil
The fragrance of Afghanistan
Rewards a long day's toil
Pulling into Katmandu
Smoke rings fill the air
Perfumed by a Nepal night
The Express gets you there

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, Rush is great. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their newer material. Neil Peart IS the greatest percussionist out there period, though Tommy Aldridge JOHN BONHAM Mike Portnoy Ginger Baker  Charlie Watts is the best pure rock n' roll drummer IMHO.

Hey, this is fun!

Hee hee

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The Pass

Proud swagger out of the schoolyard
Waiting for the world's applause
Rebel without a conscience
Martyr without a cause

Static on your frequency
Electrical storm in your veins
Raging at unreachable glory
Straining at invisible chains

And now you're trembling on a rocky ledge
Staring down into a heartless sea
Can't face life on a razor's edge
Nothing's what you thought it would be

All of us get lost in the darkness
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter
Dreamers turn to look at the cars
Turn around and turn around and turn around
Turn around and walk the razor's edge
Don't turn your back
And slam the door on me

It's not as if this barricade
Blocks the only road
It's not as if you're all alone
In wanting to explode

Someone set a bad example
Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior
Who lost the will to fight

And now you're trembling on a rocky ledge
Staring down into a heartless sea
Done with life on a razor's edge
Nothing's what you thought it would be

No hero in your tragedy
No daring in your escape
No salutes for your surrender
Nothing noble in your fate
Christ, what have you done?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, Rush is great. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their newer material. Neil Peart IS the greatest percussionist out there period, though Tommy Aldridge JOHN BONHAM Mike Portnoy Ginger Baker  Charlie Watts Meg Whiteis the best pure rock n' roll drummer IMHO.

Hey, this is fun!

Hee hee

Take that, decency!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Rush is great.

Old is better than newer, but still...

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, Rush is great. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their newer material. Neil Peart IS the greatest percussionist out there period, though Tommy Aldridge JOHN BONHAM Mike Portnoy Ginger Baker  Charlie WattsMeg White Nick Mason ( ? ) is the best pure rock n' roll drummer IMHO.

Hey, this is fun!

Hee hee

Take that, decency!

Whap, whap, whap with a Pink Floyd slap!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#20]
rush rocks
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#21]
They have no soul.  

Music without soul, sucks.  

Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer are their "best songs" and they only marginally suck.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay you freaky Rush lovers...give me some REASONS why you like them so much...I mean, all the songs sound the same...

Someone give this lady a ride in the Red Barchetta please.

Jim

"Twisting and drifting...  Mechanical music..."

Why don't I have my Rush collection loaded on my laptop!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Eh, they're ok...

I still prefer Dream Theater....and Liquid Tension Experiement.

And CoC still rocks
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#26]
"Working Man" describes my life
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
As a drummer,you KNOW where I stand!

Yup, ask any drummer about Rush. Rush ROCKS!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I agree with Sp1Grrl on this one.

BigDozer66

Woo hoo! Someone's on my side!

Yeah, but not too many here.  Cause we know good music, now go put your Tiffany album back on and mellow out girl!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I hate Rush.

I hate Neil Peart
I hate Alex Lifeson
And I especially HATE Geddy Lee.

He's ruined a generation of perfectly good bass players.

I can't believe all the people that profess that Rush is such an amazing band. You can like and listen to whatever music you want, I don't care, but Rush has 3 of some of the most talented people ever to touch their respective instruments, and you put them together and Rush is the best they can do?

Geddy can't sing, and they lost all their originality and just kept rewriting their songs with different lyrics.

I might change my tune if they branched out some or took a stab at something new. Might.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Rush kicks ass.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I hate Rush.

I hate Neil Peart
I hate Alex Lifeson
And I especially HATE Geddy Lee.

He's ruined a generation of perfectly good bass players.

I can't believe all the people that profess that Rush is such an amazing band. You can like and listen to whatever music you want, I don't care, but Rush has 3 of some of the most talented people ever to touch their respective instruments, and you put them together and Rush is the best they can do?

Geddy can't sing, and they lost all their originality and just kept rewriting their songs with different lyrics.

I might change my tune if they branched out some or took a stab at something new. Might.

"Roll the bones..."

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sp1Grrl and I are having a "discussion" as to whether the band Rush sucks.  Now, I am a Rush fan, so you folks know where I stand.  You also now know who thinks Rush  "sucks" .

What say you????

Three things:

1) Women should be doing chores instead of arguing on the internet.

2) Women's idea of "Good Music" is David Hasselhoff, David Soul or "Tweekie" (bdbdbdb fuck an a, Buck! bdbdbdb) singing remixes of Donna Summer disco hits ("Bad Girls, Beep Beep"...)

3) This is another example of why the 19th Amendment started this country on the road to ruin.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Of salesmen?

Of Sales-men!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Freewill
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Rush rulez.

The Camera Eye, Test for Echo, Subdivisions, all of 2112.  Terrific stuff.

And "Marathon" is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#38]
More than anything I am shocked this went to 4 pages......
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Rush is obviously awesome, and I think this thread is proof enough that SP1Grrl needs her moderatorship revoked.

OTOH - I will admit that anything after "Power Windows" sucked big time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Everything up to "Power Windows" was great, everything after was weak at best and at times crap (Roll the Bones for example).  Id still go see them live, but until they go back to rock I'm done buying their albums.

ETA: Guess I should have read the ENTIRE thread first, including Zhukov's post above - that way I could have just said "+1".
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I could never get into those guys.

The fact that Geddy Lee's voice sounds like a cat being tortured in an air raid siren while someone riding in a train with the full brakes on runs his fingernails down a chalkboard might have something to do with it.

??!!?!!?!? HUH WHA??!!?!?!??

WTF?

Put down the pipe and back away from the 50-cent CD you're finger-fuckin' pal. You can't say things like that about Geddy Lee!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#42]
"Hey man, put on 2112 and don't knock over the bong again, man. My mom is going to kill me, my carpet smells like bong water and Comet."

Ahh, those were the days. Rush rocks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#43]
2112 was my first Rush album, and now I finally understood the guy killed himself, I'm slow like that. Or perhaps it was because I fell asleep in the car before that part came. Eather way, Rush produes a superb sound and the're even better live, plus they played for three hours, with fire and stuff in the backround, it was hot (the fire I mean). Vapor Trails is an awsome album, and it came out recently, did you guys not hear it or summat?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Their early work was great (pre 1980). Rush is the type of band musicians
appreciate more than just listeners do. Neal kicks azz on percussion and Geddy Lee
is a SOLID journeyman bassist. Of course I am biased being a bassist
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#45]
they were a good band. although I think they were over played at the time of their height
I don't turn the station when they are played.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#46]
RUSH sucks about as much as Elton John is straight.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Their early work was great (pre 1980). Rush is the type of band musicians
appreciate more than just listeners do. Neal kicks azz on percussion and Geddy Lee
is a SOLID journeyman bassist. Of course I am biased being a bassist

+1 My friend Aaron is a bassist and drummer and Rush is his fave band. He has seen them in concert at least 10 times.

I can't stand Geddy Lee's voice, but the musicianship of Rush and their lyrics are high-quality.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#48]
I like Rush!

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#49]
simply put, without reading any of the thread

yes

they suck

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I could never get into those guys.

The fact that Geddy Lee's voice sounds like a cat being tortured in an air raid siren while someone riding in a train with the full brakes on runs his fingernails down a chalkboard might have something to do with it.

??!!?!!?!? HUH WHA??!!?!?!??

WTF?

Put down the pipe and back away from the 50-cent CD you're finger-fuckin' pal. You can't say things like that about Geddy Lee!

This is the Internet pal! I can, and I WILL!  

50 cent? guuuh.

No, I like real music. I may have my hair metal guilty pleasures but my iPod has everything from Miles Davis to Simon and Garfunkel to the Screaming Trees to Bob Mould to Hendrix to Satriani to Luther Allison to Led Zeppelin (lots of that) to Nirvana to Pearl Jam to the Faces to the Police to Tom Petty to U2 to Van Halen.

But no 50 cent.

I can't hack Geddy Lee's annoying vocals and I can't stand the drums that sound like popcorn in a popper.

Suffice to say Rush has never "done it" for me.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top