[#1]
hk, you ask "does every country think their flag looks as cool as we do ours?"

I say, if they do, they'd be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The American flag is very cool , but the Danish flag rules over all.  

It is oldest existing national flag, being first used in a battle against heathens in Estonia in 1219, and is a simple white Christian cross on a solid red field - can't get simple, yet more meaningful than that. The Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, English (and others) are based on the Danish flag.

Is there a Danish flag on The Moon?

I didn't think so.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I enjoy talking to Europeans who come to the States on holiday.  It pleases me to hear them say that they are amazed that they see the American flag everywhere and that Americans take great pride and have deep affection for Old Glory.  More than once I have been told that they envy those of us who live in a country populated by so many who love their homeland.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I like this one a lot...

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The flags used by the Nazis were pretty cool.  Yes, they were evil assholes, but they had excellent art direction.

They had great unis and could march like you read about too.

Those north koreans are some excellent marchers also.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The flags used by the Nazis were pretty cool.  Yes, they were evil assholes, but they had excellent art direction.

HUGO BOSS

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm with DK-Prof, I love the Danish
i1.tinypic.com/nw086w.jpg

I like Kiwi on mine also
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The Nazi symbolism/heraldry/uniforms is simply amazing.

They did it so well that if I didn't know it was real, I'd have a hard time believing half of it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Nazi symbolism/heraldry/uniforms is simply amazing.

They did it so well that if I didn't know it was real, I'd have a hard time believing half of it.

Yes, they did very good in the art department, I still think their battle uniform is teh gay but everything else is fantastic. Even down to the Kar 98, every thing is just amazingly elegant.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I still think their battle uniform is teh gay but everything else is fantastic. Even down to the Kar 98, every thing is just amazingly elegant.

By Robin Givhan
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, August 14, 1997; Page B01
The Washington Post
The German clothing factory that eventually became the international menswear powerhouse Hugo Boss AG manufactured Nazi uniforms during World War II and most likely did so using slave labor.

http://americandefenseleague.com/hilknow1.htm
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
It isn't what it looks like, but what it means.

Yes, our flag means the best the world has to offer,

GM
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]

The Stars and Stripes.

Old Glory.

Now there's a Grand Old Flag, symbol of the best mankind has to offer, Forged in the blood of Patriots.

I've stood by her before in uniform, I stand by her in my work now, and I will again when she needs me.

I gotta go now, I have something in my eye.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That middle pic is very sobering.

+1

I hate to see it.  What an amazing sacrifice that many still do not appreceate.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#17]
On another note:

I am biased so the stars and stripes are my favorite and there is an emotional response that I experience when I see it.

I do like flags and banners that are easily recognized like:

Canada, Japan and Switzerland.  Maybe it's a red and white thing, but many other nations just combine color fields as the poster suggested.  Hard to get excited about that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That one was never needed more than today. It should hang above the UN, about 8x as large as any other nation's flag.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:31:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those north koreans are some excellent marchers also.

I have to admit, those north korean idiots are fantastic at marching. I saw a clip of a n. korean military parade a few years ago on the History channel, and it was almost unbelievable. Totally flawless.

And I have to admit, the Nazi flag WAS pretty eye-catching. Personally, I would've put it on a dark green background, but that's just me...

Now, I'm not from  the South by any stretch of the imagination, but this flag just plain looks really cool:

--------------------------

BTW, the next time you're looking at a chart of all the world's flags, take a second to look at all the countries that have copied the American flag. It's actually pretty surprising how many nations made their flags to look loosley like ours.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:58:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think mine is the best
www2.freefoto.com//images_e/1054/01/1054_01_8_web.jpg?&k=Welsh+Flag

We aren't talking state flags, only nations.
If you want to be included, you have to start a revolution.

No name is so frequently invoked on Wales as that of Owain Glyndwr (c. 1349-1416), a potent figurehead of Welsh nationalism ever since he rose up against the occupying English in the first few years of the fifteenth century

What is more remarkable than the civil war the revolt inevitably became, is the passion, loyalty and vision which came to sustain it. Glyndwr's men put an end to payments to the lords and the crown; they could raise enough money to carry on from the parliaments they called, attended by delegates from all over Wales - the first and last Welsh parliaments in Welsh history. From ordinary people by the thousands came a loyalty through times often unspeakably harsh which enabled this old man to lead a divided people one-twelfth the size of the English against two kings and a dozen armies. Owain Glyndwr was one Welsh prince who was never betrayed by his own people, not even in the darkest days when many of them could have saved their skins by doing so. There is no parallel in the history of the Welsh.

Link

QED..

Taffy
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top