Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
damn my lightning assassin sucks hard on hell.started leveling a sorceress to get gear to outfit a mercenary to get past the lightning immunes. i hope.
playing through act 1 on player 3 on sorceress.
View Quote
Lightning on hell isn't really viable unless you have a merc with the Infinity runeword or you are a lightning javazon doing cows.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lightning on hell isn't really viable unless you have a merc with the Infinity runeword or you are a lightning javazon doing cows.
View Quote

suggestions for finishing hell for assassin? im shooting for the trophies for finishing hell with each class.
finally got my first stone of jordan last night.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

suggestions for finishing hell for assassin? im shooting for the trophies for finishing hell with each class.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shop a lower resists wand. Weapon swap when you hit a pack of immunes. Has been working well into Act5 with my jamazon.

Got lucky yesterday and got a skin of the vipermagi from a ghoul champ pack.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#4]
well a lot of work on my offline sorceress is level 63 in act 5 nightmare and got 2 ko runes in act 4. running through in /players 3.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Have any of you guys had any luck doing Pit runs?

I've done thousands of runs now with I think 2 mal runes to show for it.  CS has been pretty good for drops and runes.  With Pits being the supposed holy grail of finding stuff it's got me scratching my head.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've done thousands of runs now with I think 2 mal runes to show for it.  CS has been pretty good for drops and runes.  With Pits being the supposed holy grail of finding stuff it's got me scratching my head.
View Quote

what is your magic find? I run ancient tunnels (TC87 area as well) on my blizz sorc and have found plenty of decent uniques/runes.

I have been horking Trav with my Barb the last few days.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

what is your magic find? I run ancient tunnels (TC87 area as well) on my blizz sorc and have found plenty of decent uniques/runes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

322 on my sorc.  I usually do Pit>Trav>CS>Nihl>Pindle.

CS has been a gold mine for stuff, but the Pit is nada.  The main reason I'm curious is the Pit is supposedly the best place for finding a Griffs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

CS has been a gold mine for stuff, but the Pit is nada.  The main reason I'm curious is the Pit is supposedly the best place for finding a Griffs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type of Sorc?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What type of Sorc?
View Quote

Lightning.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lightning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type of Sorc?

Lightning.
I have not really spent time in the Pit because I am a cold sorc but AT has done well.  I've found Tals armor, a couple tals ammys, Mals, Ists, IK armors, Shakos, Occys, etc in AT.  

With my Horker Barb in Trav I found 40% war travs, a bunch of 7% MF charms, A bunch of random skillers, Mal, Vex, Lem, Lum, and a bunch of Thul+ that I upped to Hel, Cold Facet, etc.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have not really spent time in the Pit because I am a cold sorc but AT has done well.  I've found Tals armor, a couple tals ammys, Mals, Ists, IK armors, Shakos, Occys, etc in AT.  

With my Horker Barb in Trav I found 40% war travs, a bunch of 7% MF charms, A bunch of random skillers, Mal, Vex, Lem, Lum, and a bunch of Thul+ that I upped to Hel, Cold Facet, etc.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type of Sorc?

Lightning.

I'll probably drop the Pit and pick up AT then, hopefully that will be a lot better.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'll probably drop the Pit and pick up AT then, hopefully that will be a lot better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type of Sorc?

Lightning.

In all reality they are both TC 87 areas. I would bump up your MF.  I am running 500+.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
So anyone got any Sorc gear they don't want? She's 68 I think and just starting hell Act1. Just re-spec'd to Orbwall which I guess sucks now because firewall got nerfed?

I've ran NM andy a bunch to get a vipermagi but no luck. I'll offer up anything I got, pretty out of touch since playing this as a kid when I had mules full of duped SOJs. But I don't plan on trading in the future to build the most meta char/build. So I'll be offering up whatever I find if I don't have a character to use it(Which atm is only the sorc).

Playing on ps5 and PC.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#14]
i have been farming hell LK for runes on my hardcore necro. so far best drop is GUL rune playing players 7. orb wire wall sorceress also offline im trying to get to act 3 to farm runes for infinity and enigma

ETA i have a level 84 orb/firewall sorceress and an 84 hammerdin online characters. and a 46 shit barb that i switched to spin to win with no gear to support it.
i only play ps5/ps4.

on a good note my hardcore necro is 81 in act 3 hell. offline of course
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In all reality they are both TC 87 areas. I would bump up your MF.  I am running 500+.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type of Sorc?

Lightning.

Going to do AT instead of Pit for a few days and see how it goes.  Just doesn't make sense that CS is a loot/rune pinata(4 arachs and 2 shakos this weekend) and the Pit doesn't drop anything at all over hundreds and thousands of runs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So anyone got any Sorc gear they don't want? She's 68 I think and just starting hell Act1. Just re-spec'd to Orbwall which I guess sucks now because firewall got nerfed?

I've ran NM andy a bunch to get a vipermagi but no luck. I'll offer up anything I got, pretty out of touch since playing this as a kid when I had mules full of duped SOJs. But I don't plan on trading in the future to build the most meta char/build. So I'll be offering up whatever I find if I don't have a character to use it(Which atm is only the sorc).

Playing on ps5 and PC.
View Quote

I have some stuff on PC.  Viper, 4 OS monarch for spirit, chancies, and gold wrap.  It should give you a good start.

ETA: If I were you I would spec full blizz
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Going to do AT instead of Pit for a few days and see how it goes.  Just doesn't make sense that CS is a loot/rune pinata(4 arachs and 2 shakos this weekend) and the Pit doesn't drop anything at all over hundreds and thousands of runs.
View Quote
I haven't really run the pit.  The most effective Pit farm is a Barb Pitzerker.  With hork, the pitzerker gets two opportunities per mob pack to get a drop.  So basically each run can yield double the drop opportunities.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have some stuff on PC.  Viper, 4 OS monarch for spirit, chancies, and gold wrap.  It should give you a good start.

View Quote

Thanks man.

I've got gold wrap and chance guard that I'm currently running to try and get better gear. I've farmed NM Andy a lot. Ran the Crypts yesterday in hell and got to 72 I think. Got a 2 OS Crown of Ages if someone can use it, I don't plan on PvPing(looks like a pvp helm to me) but don't know how rare they are. Looked it up.. pretty rare. But either way.

Yeah I'll probably respec Blizzard, I need better Merc gear though to deal with the immunes I think. I play on the PS5 more then the PC and don't know if Blizzard will piss me off with a controller or not.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks man.

I've got gold wrap and chance guard that I'm currently running to try and get better gear. I've farmed NM Andy a lot. Ran the Crypts yesterday in hell and got to 72 I think. Got a 2 OS Crown of Ages if someone can use it, I don't plan on PvPing(looks like a pvp helm to me) but don't know how rare they are. Looked it up.. pretty rare. But either way.

Yeah I'll probably respec Blizzard, I need better Merc gear though to deal with the immunes I think. I play on the PS5 more then the PC and don't know if Blizzard will piss me off with a controller or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man.

A budget merc build for sorc is Tal Helm, Treachery Armor, and a Insight polearm.  I have spare tal helms, belts, I just found a spare Tal ammy last night.

ETA: TheGingerMan#1915 add me and shoot me a message on BNET if I am not online.  I should be on at 8PM CT tonight and maybe 4P CT.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A budget merc build for sorc is Tal Helm, Treachery Armor, and a Insight polearm.  I have spare tal helms, belts, I just found a spare Tal ammy last night.

ETA: TheGingerMan#1915 add me and shoot me a message on BNET if I am not online.  I should be on at 8PM CT tonight and maybe 4P CT.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll add you tonight.

I don't usually get on until the kids are in bed, so that would be around 10 CT for you.

I've got the runes to make the insight, and found a 4 OS Voulge. Just wasn't sure if that was worth using the runes in. Have a Colossal Voulge I just found that I could use the socket quest on as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't usually get on until the kids are in bed, so that would be around 10 CT for you.

I've got the runes to make the insight, and found a 4 OS Voulge. Just wasn't sure if that was worth using the runes in. Have a Colossal Voulge I just found that I could use the socket quest on as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roll the CV in the cube.  The problem with CV is the str requirement is 210 on non-eth CVs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
isnt this a bitch. hell andariel gave me a gold wrap. fucking ethereal.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Any Arfcom Brothers have a Necro Torch or Trang belt they want to get rid of?  I am still on the hunt for high runes but just got to Hell Act 2 with my level 75 necro.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any Arfcom Brothers have a Necro Torch or Trang belt they want to get rid of?  I am still on the hunt for high runes but just got to Hell Act 2 with my level 75 necro.
View Quote
I have Trangs Belt on a mule I think.  

As for a torch, I am going to be doing some uber runs maybe this weekend.  T he only low torches I have right now are Amazon/Assassin.  

If you have any keys and would like to contribute let me know.  I think I have 10+ D Keys and a couple T/H keys.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As for a torch, I am going to be doing some uber runs maybe this weekend.  T he only low torches I have right now are Amazon/Assassin.  

If you have any keys and would like to contribute let me know.  I think I have 10+ D Keys and a couple T/H keys.
View Quote

Thanks Patty, I am afraid I have no keys to contribute but would be happy to donate some pgems or other items to the cause.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I received your friend request last night.  I went through and have some Tals set pieces (helm, orb, belt), I have a 4 OS Thresher (non-eth), a spare monarch Spirit, Spirit Crystal Sword, etc. If you get on tonight join my game and you can pick over what you want. Depending on what you take just throw me what you think is fair.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks Patty, I am afraid I have no keys to contribute but would be happy to donate some pgems or other items to the cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Necro torches are usually pretty cheap anyway.  I can get you a 10/10 for a lem on the trading boards.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've a necro torch if you want one.  I think it's 12/16.

My brother and I do ubers most weekends and barb/necro torches seem to be all that drop.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My brother and I do ubers most weekends and barb/necro torches seem to be all that drop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran 4 and found a 20/17 Barb torch, a 12/12 Assassin torch, a 14/14 Amazon torch, and a 17/15 Pally torch.  I need that sorc torch.

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I ran 4 and found a 20/17 Barb torch, a 12/12 Assassin torch, a 14/14 Amazon torch, and a 17/15 Pally torch.  I need that sorc torch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say we've done ubers 15 times if I had to guess.  We've seen 1 druid, 1 amazon, 1 assassin, and the rest have been barb/necro.

I ended up trading for a 19/18 sorc torch.  I keep hoping they'll start dropping, pally too for that matter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd say we've done ubers 15 times if I had to guess.  We've seen 1 druid, 1 amazon, 1 assassin, and the rest have been barb/necro.

I ended up trading for a 19/18 sorc torch.  I keep hoping they'll start dropping, pally too for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first was a pally torch.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I received your friend request last night.  I went through and have some Tals set pieces (helm, orb, belt), I have a 4 OS Thresher (non-eth), a spare monarch Spirit, Spirit Crystal Sword, etc. If you get on tonight join my game and you can pick over what you want. Depending on what you take just throw me what you think is fair.  
View Quote

Will do man. Should be on tonight.

I don't know what anything is worth to be honest. But I'll throw down anything I've got(not much) you can have whatever. Think the only thing I've got that is decent is a 2 OS COA, but I'll post up any rare gear I find that I won't be using in the near future for anyone to have. After this Sorc I might make a Amazon and that's probably it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good, do I have you friended on Bnet yet?  If not my bnet battletag is SleepyBear#12865.  Always glad to see Arfcom brothers online!
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sounds good, do I have you friended on Bnet yet?  If not my bnet battletag is SleepyBear#12865.  Always glad to see Arfcom brothers online!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is Eruptionz#11823

I'll ad you when I get home, I usually play from around 3:30-6:15pm est on the weekdays.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Mine is Eruptionz#11823

I'll ad you when I get home, I usually play from around 3:30-6:15pm est on the weekdays.
View Quote

Got you added it looks like, I'll have to bring my personal laptop to work one day so you can hook me up, lol. 4pm MTN will be hard for me to do
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Got you added it looks like, I'll have to bring my personal laptop to work one day so you can hook me up, lol. 4pm MTN will be hard for me to do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is Eruptionz#11823

I'll definitely be able to hook up with you on Friday or Saturday, I stay up a lot later on weekends.  I get up at 2am for work during the week, so I have to get in bed early.

If you take your laptop to work though just hit me up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#37]
is a 6 socket crystal sword worth keeping. 1 just dropped in act 1 hell farming andariel for merc gear
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Breathe of the Dying is 6 sockets, as is Silence and Last Wish
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
is a 6 socket crystal sword worth keeping. 1 just dropped in act 1 hell farming andariel for merc gear
View Quote

no. Anything that would be 6 sockets for a weapon is going to be ethereal or a phase blade.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Got another 40% MF Chance guards if someone wants them.

Also a Homunculus , don't plan on making a Necro.

PC/PS5
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#41]
A huge thank you to my Arfcom Brother Shagohod!  I hope to be able to return the favor (or pay it forward) in the future.  Arfcommers truly are the best!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Got another 40% MF Chance guards if someone wants them.

Also a Homunculus , don't plan on making a Necro.

PC/PS5
View Quote

You may want to rethink that, I am having a blast with my summoner necro.  He got to level 78 a lot easier than my fury druid.  It was a walk through Act 1 Hell.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A huge thank you to my Arfcom Brother Shagohod!  I hope to be able to return the favor (or pay it forward) in the future.  Arfcommers truly are the best!
View Quote

Any time bud.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You may want to rethink that, I am having a blast with my summoner necro.  He got to level 78 a lot easier than my fury druid.  It was a walk through Act 1 Hell.
View Quote

Yeah. They are fun.

Just not enough time. Amazon is next after this sorc.. then a paladin. Those were my main plays back when the game first came out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#45]
80 sorc. spirit sword or the wiard spike i got this morning trying ti farm LK for runes in players 5
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone got a good 3 OS Armor to make Treachery for my Merc?

Finally got a LEM to drop.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone got a good 3 OS Armor to make Treachery for my Merc?

Finally got a LEM to drop.
View Quote

I'm on if you want to hop over to PC.  @Blackhalo
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I found a perfect Raven Frost. Let the bidding begin. Tossed it up on one of the D2R discords and within 40 mins the current offer is Lo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Playing Hell Act 3 today and a Champion Soul Killer dropped a Sigon's boot, lol!
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#50]
even better. farming for high runes in lk and 2 runs in a row got EL runes. got a LEM too that i used to make a treachery for my merc.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top