BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IMHO, it is on a "need to know basis". It seems most women think any guns are unnecesary therefore I don't mention them and hide them. My ex wife hated them and wanted to know why I had so many. As you guys know, 9 total is not alot. Oh, I also find, that never mentioning any of my hobbies (ie cars, diving, model boats) at all, whatsoever also helps.

That's because you're supposed to listen. Women aren't interested in what you can tell them...   they're interested in what they can tell you. Your interests/etc are just filler until she can start talking about herself.

Per arfcom's latest 'wimmenz' thread.

Dude the latest women's thread is a joke, all the women are making fun of it, lighten up
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bitch finds out real quick first time she refuses to make me a sandwich.

uuuh, lemme make a WILD guess... single?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
First date, always a trip to the range

it weeds out the ones I dont want from the get go and 9/10 times they love it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wish I could date a girl that wouldn't think I was
Charles Manson when I tell her I am into firearms.

It really sucks.

Maybe it is all in the delivery?  Or maybe you are looking for girls in all the wrong places?

My dude brought it up on the first date.  He didn't bring up the fact that he liked guns, he brought up gun control or some other gun issue and sat back to see my reaction.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Way back when, when I was single, I used to tell womenz that if they had any problems with firearms, boats or small aircraft, than let me know now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When do you bring up your love of guns when first dating a girl?  And, does it cause problems?

I don't bring it up unless it somehow comes up.
Letting a girl know that you are very passionate about something tends to turn them off.
Wether we agree with it or not, there is a certain stigma attached to guns.
Bringing up your love of guns on the first date makes you seem weird.
If she notices your gun cabinet, and asks you about it, just downplay it.
"Oh that? That's where I keep my guns"
You have guns?
"Yea...don't you?"
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IMHO, it is on a "need to know basis". It seems most women think any guns are unnecesary therefore I don't mention them and hide them. My ex wife hated them and wanted to know why I had so many. As you guys know, 9 total is not alot. Oh, I also find, that never mentioning any of my hobbies (ie cars, diving, model boats) at all, whatsoever also helps.

That's because you're supposed to listen. Women aren't interested in what you can tell them...   they're interested in what they can tell you. Your interests/etc are just filler until she can start talking about herself.

Per arfcom's latest 'wimmenz' thread.

Dude the latest women's thread is a joke, all the women are making fun of it, lighten up

What makes you think I'm being serious?

Delivery too deadpan for ya?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Usually I just whip it out. If she reaches for and wants to hold it, its all good from there. Then after we finish, I will show her my gun.

"This is my rifle...  this is my gun..."
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When do you bring up your love of guns when first dating a girl?  And, does it cause problems?

I bring it up very early on.  I figure someone should know that I'm into shooting if she and I are going to date.  I don't lie and I don't want someone to be interested in what she thinks I am rather than who I am.

In Texas, the normal response to this is, "And your point is?"  It's expected.  If you're a guy, you're expected to know to shoot.  At least, that's the impression I keep getting.

In Washington State, it was different.  It was like I stepped off of the train from Mars or something.  I wound up convincing a couple that it wasn't such a bad thing after all, though.  

Now, even better is when I meet a gal at the range.  That's happened with me a couple of times.  Once, I was clueless that she was even interested until she got my e-mail address and asked if I wanted to come over and help her with something on her guns.  We wound up field stripping her Kimber and I ordered a part from Brownell's for a Buck-Mark.  I think she really only wanted me for my Brownell's discount!  

It's nice to meet someone and be able to say, "Hey, nice High Power.  I like those."  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 I think she really only wanted me for my Brownell's discount!  

Used like a tissue!

Didn't you feel cheap and dirty the next morning?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I usually bring it up when she sees my tattoo.

<-----------------
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay people...  I have one for ya!
Has anyone else had sex while a 1911 government model was strapped to your hip with a IWB holster?  In my office no less!

And yes this is my first post... but it seemed to fit here.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I was asking myself the same question.  I just went on a first date.  I was thinking about bringing it up on the second date.  She is kinda shy so it might be hard striking up a conversation that leads to that.  It would probably be advantageous if the person were physically affectionate.  

*Hug* Whats that? Oh thats my little Austrian friend.  Your what? My glock.  Its made by an Austrian company.  You carry a gun? Yep.  so what do you wanna do now.  up for a movie?

I can see it now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
If I knew any woman well enough to ask her out, she would already know I like to shoot things.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I bring it up early and make it plain that I don't intend them or keep them "at a different address".  If she is that against the idea of guns and gun ownership it ain't gonna work out anyway...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#16]
The first thing you should do is wait until the women you are dating really likes you and you have been going out for awhile. After this let her know that you have and like guns. If she really likes you , having guns shouldn't be a problem. This is what I do and have had good luck doing this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]
you might have some good luck, mine ended up with her own 1911 .. and Rem700
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#18]
So far, she has been over and there is 2 safes in plain sight and has not said a word about them, so I'd take it as a goos sign she does not care. I know she shoots with her father.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#19]
 I've been pretty lucky in that who area lately.  A couple of years ago I dated a young lady that I met while SHE was working for a custom gunsmith friend of mine.

The girl I am currently dating  I MET WHILE SHOOTING.  She liked my gun collection..........
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Usually when I'm kissing her goodnight and she feels it while groping me...

I've had that happen a couple times.

I've even had it happen with a woman I was dating who knew I almost always carried. When we were out she had decided that I wasn't carrying that night since she'd tried, but couldn't see the gun print.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
In my office no less!

I can say, without a doubt, I've never had sexual relations in your office.

Cheers,

kk7sm

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I dated and married a girl that is a school teacher.  She grew up around guns and went shooting with her father as a child.  It was easy to talk to her when we dated because her dad had a gun safe in the living room.  
However, her college education to become an elementary school teacher started changing her view about guns.  She heard so much about how bad they were while she was in college.  The only thing I had to do was to agree to buy a safe (wanted one anyway) when our kids were born.  She has regained her appreciation for guns now and lets me buy ARs and other firearms.  She likes shooting my pistols and Ruger 10/22. She even gave me money for my birthday to buy a new Benelli shotgun this month.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:40:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I usually bring it up pretty early. It has caused some problems, but the ones it did were kicked to the curb.

My current girlfriend (soon to be Fiance') has taken up shooting with a passion since we started dating. Luckily, her father is a E-8 in the Army, and has a whole walk in closet full of firearms, so she hasn't taken any guns from me yet. However, she wants a CZ-75 after shooting mine, so I'm going to suprise her with one soon.

I will also add that she can outshoot me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I wish I could date a girl that wouldn't think I was
Charles Manson when I tell her I am into firearms.

It really sucks.

+1! I couldn't imagine being a single male living in eastern Massachusetts and telling a woman from around here I was dating that I was into guns, let alone telling her I was CCWing. She'd probably freak, run away, and call the cops. They are ALL liberal moonbats here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bitch finds out real quick first time she refuses to make me a sandwich.

uuuh, lemme make a WILD guess... single?

Hopeless loser, unless he's kidding.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I use the gun thing as a way of screening girls, if they can't stand it then I have no desire to date them.  All though one of them got overly curious at my P226 on my nightstand that was too damned close for a disaster for my taste.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#27]
My girlfriend is into guns....was before I met her.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

and lets me buy ARs and other firearms.

Mancard - now!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I think she really only wanted me for my Brownell's discount!  

Used like a tissue!

Didn't you feel cheap and dirty the next morning?

"Well, just touch me in the morning, and walk away...."

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I've been into guns for less than a year and I've only dated one women since then.  Anyway, it came up on the first date.  She mentioned something about the mayor of Columbus and that hit my hot button, as everyone knows he was the one behind the Columbus AWB...  That sent on a very brief rant about gun grabbers and she seemed to agree with what I said.  Anyway, later in the evening she asked what I like to do besides computers and motorcycle riding.  So, I said I like to shoot.  She in turn replied that was the ONLY thing she missed about her EX.  She liked going to the range with him.   Now, she loves going to the range with ME.  She's even thinking about buying her own gun.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I've been into guns for less than a year and I've only dated one women since then.  Anyway, it came up on the first date.  She mentioned something about the mayor of Columbus and that hit my hot button, as everyone knows he was the one behind the Columbus AWB...  That sent on a very brief rant about gun grabbers and she seemed to agree with what I said.  Anyway, later in the evening she asked what I like to do besides computers and motorcycle riding.  So, I said I like to shoot.  She in turn replied that was the ONLY thing she missed about her EX.  She liked going to the range with him.   Now, she loves going to the range with ME.  She's even thinking about buying her own gun.  

Very nice, you had better buy her a ring before I do!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top