Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Some more Broom-Love...

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

We've agreed on $825shipped. Have heard that some can be iffy but the ones from navy arms (i think) are g2g. This is one of those guns.

I had one of those, in the original Styrofoam like yours and cardboard box, unfired.  Bought at an estate sale and kept it for a few years, never could make up my mind whether to fire it or not, glad I didn't shoot it.  I sold it on Gunbroker for $1350 so you did well.  The buyer was ecstatic and wrote back how much he loved it.      

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
We've agreed on $825shipped. Have heard that some can be iffy but the ones from navy arms (i think) are g2g. This is one of those guns.

I had one of those, in the original Styrofoam like yours and cardboard box, unfired.  Bought at an estate sale and kept it for a few years, never could make up my mind whether to fire it or not, glad I didn't shoot it.  I sold it on Gunbroker for $1350 so you did well.  The buyer was ecstatic and wrote back how much he loved it.      

Wow thats a lot lol. Was that a recent auction? I did a f2f and got it for $800 but ill defintly be shooting it .  Guy I got it from was really cool had a ton of stories of the good ole days pre 86 machine guns etc. his dad was a ffl dealer back in the day he talked of $200 full auto mac10,imi  uzi's for $75 all kinna stuff.  Some select fire Chinese ak's being sold as regular semi's, bm59's select fire for 800 man if  I had a time machine.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two Broomhandle Mausers.  Late 80's imports.  One (A Model  1930 )was from a place called Birmingham Pistol Parlor, and regular price was $99, hand select was like $109!  I got hand select.  I had it relined to 9mm and reblued and added new grips. Looks great.

The other was a C96 from Oyster Bay Industries - I think that one was $250, already relined to 9mm, reblued and new grips.

I bought 25 pounds of Broomhandle  rusty stripper clips from Paragon for $50.

My friend has a Navy Arms version of the one described by the OP.  It shoots great, fun gun.  I think he paid like $300+/-for it back in the day (new from Navy Arms)

I wish I bought a dozen more Broomhandles!  Lots of these relics came in from China and it was a great time to get Broomhandles!  I miss those days!
There aren't many relics appearing onto the market lately of interest.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]
If this thing is a completely new manufacture Chinese clone, does it fall under the BATF C&R list for purposes of attaching a shoulder stock?  

My feeling is that it wouldn't, any more than you can't take a FEG hipower clone and attach a stock to it, but I have no idea.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If this thing is a completely new manufacture Chinese clone, does it fall under the BATF C&R list for purposes of attaching a shoulder stock?  

My feeling is that it wouldn't, any more than you can't take a FEG hipower clone and attach a stock to it, but I have no idea.

Have no idea I don't believe they are completely new just reworked. They were imported and sold with the stocks ATF never said anything about it then so who knows.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow thats a lot lol. Was that a recent auction? I did a f2f and got it for $800 but ill defintly be shooting it .  Guy I got it from was really cool had a ton of stories of the good ole days pre 86 machine guns etc. his dad was a ffl dealer back in the day he talked of $200 full auto mac10,imi  uzi's for $75 all kinna stuff.  Some select fire Chinese ak's being sold as regular semi's, bm59's select fire for 800 man if  I had a time machine.

Auction ended on 2/13/12, so sold it today last year.  I bought it at auction for $120 on 10/24/09.  

Same auction I paid $150 for 2-MN 91s....wait for it....wait for it.....one was a Finn Puolustoslaitos with dog collars ($80) and the other MN 91 was a Finn P-26 with iron hangers ($70).  

I knew I stole all three that day, I was so giddy, I wore an ear to ear grin the rest of the day.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Auction ended on 2/13/12, so sold it today last year.  I bought it at auction for $120 on 10/24/09.  

Same auction I paid $150 for 2-MN 91s....wait for it....wait for it.....one was a Finn Puolustoslaitos with dog collars ($80) and the other MN 91 was a Finn P-26 with iron hangers ($70).  
I knew I stole all three that day, I was so giddy, I wore an ear to ear grin the rest of the day.    [/quo

the mosins i could see but no one knew what a broomhandle was? Nice score though. DId you shoot yours much? My stock shipped from china so hopefully within 2wks it shows up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I knew I stole all three that day, I was so giddy, I wore an ear to ear grin the rest of the day.    [/quo

the mosins i could see but no one knew what a broomhandle was? Nice score though. DId you shoot yours much? My stock shipped from china so hopefully within 2wks it shows up.

No I never fired the Chinese broomhandle.  I have a 1937 Mauser C96 that I get my kicks with from time to time.  You are going to like shooting 20 rounds of 9mm.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top