Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:54:27 PM EDT

Some more Broom-Love...

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:55:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By grayparatrooper:
We've agreed on $825shipped. Have heard that some can be iffy but the ones from navy arms (i think) are g2g. This is one of those guns.

I had one of those, in the original Styrofoam like yours and cardboard box, unfired. Bought at an estate sale and kept it for a few years, never could make up my mind whether to fire it or not, glad I didn't shoot it. I sold it on Gunbroker for $1350 so you did well. The buyer was ecstatic and wrote back how much he loved it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 9:43:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ruxpin:

We've agreed on $825shipped. Have heard that some can be iffy but the ones from navy arms (i think) are g2g. This is one of those guns.

I had one of those, in the original Styrofoam like yours and cardboard box, unfired. Bought at an estate sale and kept it for a few years, never could make up my mind whether to fire it or not, glad I didn't shoot it. I sold it on Gunbroker for $1350 so you did well. The buyer was ecstatic and wrote back how much he loved it.

Wow thats a lot lol. Was that a recent auction? I did a f2f and got it for $800 but ill defintly be shooting it . Guy I got it from was really cool had a ton of stories of the good ole days pre 86 machine guns etc. his dad was a ffl dealer back in the day he talked of $200 full auto mac10,imi uzi's for $75 all kinna stuff. Some select fire Chinese ak's being sold as regular semi's, bm59's select fire for 800 man if I had a time machine.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:47:14 AM EDT
I have two Broomhandle Mausers. Late 80's imports. One (A Model 1930 )was from a place called Birmingham Pistol Parlor, and regular price was $99, hand select was like $109! I got hand select. I had it relined to 9mm and reblued and added new grips. Looks great.

The other was a C96 from Oyster Bay Industries - I think that one was $250, already relined to 9mm, reblued and new grips.

I bought 25 pounds of Broomhandle rusty stripper clips from Paragon for $50.

My friend has a Navy Arms version of the one described by the OP. It shoots great, fun gun. I think he paid like $300+/-for it back in the day (new from Navy Arms)

I wish I bought a dozen more Broomhandles! Lots of these relics came in from China and it was a great time to get Broomhandles! I miss those days!
There aren't many relics appearing onto the market lately of interest.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:30:33 AM EDT
If this thing is a completely new manufacture Chinese clone, does it fall under the BATF C&R list for purposes of attaching a shoulder stock?

My feeling is that it wouldn't, any more than you can't take a FEG hipower clone and attach a stock to it, but I have no idea.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:53:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By p3590:
If this thing is a completely new manufacture Chinese clone, does it fall under the BATF C&R list for purposes of attaching a shoulder stock?

My feeling is that it wouldn't, any more than you can't take a FEG hipower clone and attach a stock to it, but I have no idea.

Have no idea I don't believe they are completely new just reworked. They were imported and sold with the stocks ATF never said anything about it then so who knows.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2013 4:09:36 PM EDT by Ruxpin]

Wow thats a lot lol. Was that a recent auction? I did a f2f and got it for $800 but ill defintly be shooting it . Guy I got it from was really cool had a ton of stories of the good ole days pre 86 machine guns etc. his dad was a ffl dealer back in the day he talked of $200 full auto mac10,imi uzi's for $75 all kinna stuff. Some select fire Chinese ak's being sold as regular semi's, bm59's select fire for 800 man if I had a time machine.

Auction ended on 2/13/12, so sold it today last year. I bought it at auction for $120 on 10/24/09.

Same auction I paid $150 for 2-MN 91s....wait for it....wait for it.....one was a Finn Puolustoslaitos with dog collars ($80) and the other MN 91 was a Finn P-26 with iron hangers ($70).
I knew I stole all three that day, I was so giddy, I wore an ear to ear grin the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 10:28:05 AM EDT

Auction ended on 2/13/12, so sold it today last year. I bought it at auction for $120 on 10/24/09.

Same auction I paid $150 for 2-MN 91s....wait for it....wait for it.....one was a Finn Puolustoslaitos with dog collars ($80) and the other MN 91 was a Finn P-26 with iron hangers ($70).
I knew I stole all three that day, I was so giddy, I wore an ear to ear grin the rest of the day. [/quo

the mosins i could see but no one knew what a broomhandle was? Nice score though. DId you shoot yours much? My stock shipped from china so hopefully within 2wks it shows up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:43:27 PM EDT

I knew I stole all three that day, I was so giddy, I wore an ear to ear grin the rest of the day. [/quo

the mosins i could see but no one knew what a broomhandle was? Nice score though. DId you shoot yours much? My stock shipped from china so hopefully within 2wks it shows up.

No I never fired the Chinese broomhandle. I have a 1937 Mauser C96 that I get my kicks with from time to time. You are going to like shooting 20 rounds of 9mm.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top