BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 ownership.

I love how the detectives can always read a bad guy and smell a lie. Also, I love their different personalities when interviewing suspects. Especially Caroline Mason in Memphis. She can be the bad guy's mom or a badass or whatever.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For the most part the "victims" are just casualties of the hazards of their occupation.  Watched one episode yesterday with a 14 year old girl killed on her birthday when 2 groups of rival street punks decided to start shooting in every direction.  I saw one a while back with this woman who just up and shot some guy in a wheel chair who was her "boyfriend".  When the cops finally found her and interviewed her, they asked her when was the last time she saw the victim, she said something like "oh last Saturday, right before I killed him".

Saw that one last night as well.  My first thought was why was this just turned 14 year old allowed to be at a house party at 1am!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am in awe of the guys and gals down the hall.  They actually "give a shit". (Most have 20-30 years on) They love what they do, and if they don't...they typically won't stay past a year.
It's a mentality I will never comprehend.

Me either.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Makes me realize the importance of having a family lawyer and not talking to the police.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't watch it but my old neighborhood "little hati" in Miami is on it alot. So glad I left and moved to Oakland!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The victim is always a beloved member of the community.

Loving father of 6 children...

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Its one of my brothers favorite shows. He was watching it when I came over once. And he was telling me about it and it showed that little countdown clock. Im like what happens if they dont catch them when that thing runs out do they get away with it?

He got mad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]

I like to watch it once and a while. But my Ol Lady watches it religiously.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Good show. The one that really sticks with me took place in Miami. A guy got drunk and passed out on the side walk then some one on a bike helped load him into a

tan/gold Honda. After that they dismembered him and stated dumping his body parts,wrapped with plastic, in the water around town. The main reason I remember is

because they didn't come up with any real leads and it went unsolved. It seemed like something a serial killer would do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to.
I'm not sure why I don't watch it much anymore.
Maybe 'cause it's all re-runs. That is one show that does not lend itself to continued enjoyment therough re-runs.
When you know who done it and all...

because its the same show every episode.

black guy with a record kills someone. usually black but not always.

thats every single episode.

Yep, and talking themselves into jail.

yeah I love the cops. here is a group of average IQ guys talking to a bunch of double digit idiocracy rejects with this line "look tell us what happened it will help you out"

AND THE MORONS BELIEVE THEM!

I have no problem with it....   bad guys go to prison, after all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The cops are very professional. Even when the victim is a dirtbag, and he usually is, they do a thorough investigation. There's an old saying that a society is judged by how it treats its least-deserving citizens.  

To add they have also had on the show matching suspects. Then after interrogated even though they might be dirtbags it is shown they were not connected and were let go which gives anybody hope with the system.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, very good show.  Probably my favorite investigator or interrogator is Mullins and Mason out of Memphis.  

I also watch, when possible, Intervention.  What a trainwreck...
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

All the shooters are named Cheeseburger.

A lot of the victims are named Booby.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to.
I'm not sure why I don't watch it much anymore.
Maybe 'cause it's all re-runs. That is one show that does not lend itself to continued enjoyment therough re-runs.
When you know who done it and all...

because its the same show every episode.

black guy with a record kills someone. usually black but not always.

thats every single episode.

Yep, and talking themselves into jail.

yeah I love the cops. here is a group of average IQ guys talking to a bunch of double digit idiocracy rejects with this line "look tell us what happened it will help you out"

AND THE MORONS BELIEVE THEM!

It really does help most of them though. After they take a plea deal and get paroled the teens are probably out in 10-15 years.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#16]
What I have found to be the most amazing part of the show.....is just how many of these guys who are actually guilty, talk to the cops when they are first brought in and don't just say "I want a lawyer".  I mean I think in 75% of the ones I have seen, the detectives have basically stated that they are relying on a confession.  If these guys just shut the fuck up and actually told them they aren't "saying shit, didn't do shit, and want my lawyer" I think that a good amount would walk free after trial, it even made it that far.

There have been a couple innocent victims portrayed, but the majority are just as guilty as the shooter and the show makes them out to be some saint in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Like else said, there are a whole lot of "Pooky was an up and coming rapper who was the father of 4 children"....translation = Pooky was a gangbanger with 4 kids at 18 years old, out hustling on the street corner and the game caught up to him.  

Oh and also, if I am ever interviewing someone and they put their arms and hands back through the sleeves of their shirt they are guilty as shit .
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn near every dead guy on that show has some fucked up nickname...we got ur Goo Man...OG gangster boy...Tweet Tweet...  

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 2:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Thats the show where the police do little actual police work, what they do consists of, putting dookie in a room and get him to tell on lil craig and them, if Dookie dont talk, they tell craig that dookie is talking then craig start talking, then they walk out the room and high five.

The moral of that show is, the guys that STFU usually get away with murder if nobody snitches on them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#19]
We gave up satellite and are generally the smarter for it but I miss this show.  It's eye opening that something like 85% of murders in this country are black on black.

My favorite episode was in Cincy I believe where the victim was a local celebrity for inventing a hip hop dance called "the shizz".  Throughout the episode they kept showing a clip of him "shizzing" around.  Pretty sure he was an aspiring rapper as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#20]
L.A.W.Y.E.R

Love the show.shows me as long you don't say a word, not even a hello to an investigator, you have a 99 percent chance of going free
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loving father of 6 children...by 5 different women.

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We gave up satellite and are generally the smarter for it but I miss this show.  It's eye opening that something like 85% of murders in this country are black on black.

My favorite episode was in Cincy I believe where the victim was a local celebrity for inventing a hip hop dance called "the shizz".  Throughout the episode they kept showing a clip of him "shizzing" around.  Pretty sure he was an aspiring rapper as well.

i thought the "Shizz" episode was in Louisville Kentucky?

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#23]
It is an interesting show, but there wouldn't be a show 99% of the time if the suspects would shut the fuck up and ask for a lawyer.

Most of the time they talk themselves into a murder charge.

Prison must be full a dumbasses with big mouths
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What I have found to be the most amazing part of the show.....is just how many of these guys who are actually guilty, talk to the cops when they are first brought in and don't just say "I want a lawyer".  I mean I think in 75% of the ones I have seen, the detectives have basically stated that they are relying on a confession.  If these guys just shut the fuck up and actually told them they aren't "saying shit, didn't do shit, and want my lawyer" I think that a good amount would walk free after trial, it even made it that far.

There have been a couple innocent victims portrayed, but the majority are just as guilty as the shooter and the show makes them out to be some saint in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Like else said, there are a whole lot of "Pooky was an up and coming rapper who was the father of 4 children"....translation = Pooky was a gangbanger with 4 kids at 18 years old, out hustling on the street corner and the game caught up to him.  

Oh and also, if I am ever interviewing someone and they put their arms and hands back through the sleeves of their shirt they are guilty as shit .
You would not believe how dumb the average criminal is, but how smart they think they are.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thats the show where the police do little actual police work, what they do consists of, putting dookie in a room and get him to tell on lil craig and them, if Dookie dont talk, they tell craig that dookie is talking then craig start talking, then they walk out the room and high five.

The moral of that show is, the guys that STFU usually get away with murder if nobody snitches on them.

It's pretty much a prisoner's dilemma that's being setup.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I enjoy the show.  I am impressed by the hours the detectives put into even the most pointless cases.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Whenever I see it in the guide my brain always makes me think it's a show about the states
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#29]

I like the show.
One thing i have learned, dont say shit without a lawyer, not a word.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Also always bring a sweater with you.
They always have some hood rat with his arms inside his t-shirt in the interrogation room.
I think some people admit guilt just to get warm.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Also always bring a sweater with you.
They always have some hood rat with his arms inside his t-shirt in the interrogation room.
I think some people admit guilt just to get warm.

A cold interrogation room is an old technique.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#32]
All of these people must have heard on TV at some point "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you." Yet 9 out of 10 still talk.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I like it, but they are all reruns.  A big city homicide detective came to my office a few years back to interview somebody, and I asked him about it, but he had never heard of it.  I asked a white collar crime FBI agent about American Greed.  Never heard of it.

The one which really sticks out in my mind is the one where the white kid (maybe hispanic, can't recall) from a rural area went downtown to buy or sell a vehicle.  He had a CCW and brought it along.  When they robbed him he tried to pull on them but got shot and killed.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I like it, but they are all reruns.  A big city homicide detective came to my office a few years back to interview somebody, and I asked him about it, but he had never heard of it.  I asked a white collar crime FBI agent about American Greed.  Never heard of it.

The one which really sticks out in my mind is the one where the white kid (maybe hispanic, can't recall) from a rural area went downtown to buy or sell a vehicle.  He had a CCW and brought it along.  When they robbed him he tried to pull on them but got shot and killed.  

I remember that, it was in Dallas IIRC

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I like the show.
One thing i have learned, dont say shit without a lawyer, not a word.

People can't stop themselves.  

I have hammered this into people's heads before.  I'd tell them about the fish mounted on the wall who said, "if I'd only kept my mouth shut".  I've given the whole spiel.  And I've had some of those same people go straight to talk with the police after leaving my office resulting in their felony conviction.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#37]
It amazes me how often the technique of the cop saying, "you want to talk about it?" works to get them to spill. Or the variant, "I know good people do bad things, you want to get it off your chest?"
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loving father of 6 children...

Just beginning to turn his/her life around, too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't watch it but my old neighborhood "little hati" in Miami is on it alot. So glad I left and moved to Oakland!!

Jesus.. . moved from Little Haiti to Oakland huh. . . . You trying to make a guest appearance?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good show. The one that really sticks with me took place in Miami. A guy got drunk and passed out on the side walk then some one on a bike helped load him into a

tan/gold Honda. After that they dismembered him and stated dumping his body parts,wrapped with plastic, in the water around town. The main reason I remember is

because they didn't come up with any real leads and it went unsolved. It seemed like something a serial killer would do.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top