BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think that Critical Mass one is the exception. Every time I see one I have to pick it up.

I picture riding around the neighboorhood on a moped, wearing nothing but an aluminum foil loincloth and that knife. Man would the neighbors envy me.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think that Critical Mass one is the exception. Every time I see one I have to pick it up.

I picture riding around the neighboorhood on a moped, wearing nothing but an aluminum foil loincloth and that knife. Man would the neighbors envy me.

Or throw a freakin net over you....that would definately be a sight to behold!

"You just don't see THAT everyday!"  

"Nope,  ya don't."
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it was kinda shitty of you to lump that little FDNY / Sept 11th folder in there with the rest of those retarded fucking things....

Personally, I liked that one and would absolutely buy one.  It's hardly odd at all.

That plus the fact that usually the companies that sell stuff like that donate to the FDNY widows & orphans fund, from the profits of the sales.

That said, The rest of that crap is ridiculous.

ETA:  w00t !!!  First post as a TEAM member !  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, if I'm not willing to USE a knife, then I don't buy it.

The knives that I DO use on the farm:

In the summer months

Cold Steel Tanto (5.5") A fast and handy knife

Cold Steel Recon (7") The rubber handle is nice for checking the electric fence

and in the winter

Cold Steel Oyabun (9") When straped to my lower leg, it makes a nice "boot knife". And I don't need to remove my gloves to use it

I also got a leatherman "WAVE" for everything else.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just get a $30 kershaw or buck $75 benchmade or spyderco.  A good quality knife isn't all that much money.

Heck I don't care if some wizard knife guy gets sore at me.   They are still LAME.

+1 on the lame ass wizard knifes, and fixed the other part for ya.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think it was kinda shitty of you to lump that little FDNY / Sept 11th folder in there with the rest of those retarded fucking things....

Personally, I liked that one and would absolutely buy one.  It's hardly odd at all.

That plus the fact that usually the companies that sell stuff like that donate to the FDNY widows & orphans fund, from the profits of the sales.

That said, The rest of that crap is ridiculous.

ETA:  w00t !!!  First post as a TEAM member !  

Well OK, I missed the 9/11 part.  It's still shocks me every time I drive past NYC and the towers are gone.  I hate foreigners.  ALL OF THEM.  Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw that one coming.

Someone posted something similar about some of those "fantasy knives" before and by page 3 there was a "Hey I know X (whoever the knife maker was), he's a great guy and made the knives for the guys in my wedding party!" Be careful what you post on arfkom as it's probably about someone's sister/cousin/ baby sitter who has an account here.

I do agree that those fantasy knives are flaky-though the ones Jrzy posted are nice looking, but hardly the same kind of thing. I already lost hte Sog Flash that was going to be my "one new knife for the year" and had a $ 99 Gerber folder missing for a year, I cringe at the thought of owning a muli thousand dollar knife...

It would be pretty damn hard to lose a five lb. Bowie though.

I could do it, trust me.

Hell, Aimless even managed to lose his virginity!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It looks like it was designed by a homo serial killer

Then you have no idea who Tom Anderson is... An excellent knifemaker and talented designer, master of all titanium

Some people like those designs, so there's a niche for them.

Yeah, and there is a market for anal beads but I ain't buying anytime soon. Unless I had to pick between anal beads the Tom Anderson Critical Fecal Mass knife. At least I could show off my anal beads to my friends.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Yeah, and there is a market for anal beads but I ain't buying anytime soon. Unless I had to pick between anal beads the Tom Anderson Critical Fecal Mass knife. At least I could show off my anal beads to my friends.

just dont pull them out like your starting a lawnmower.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If its a cheap Chinese 420 SS katana knock-off, then by all means spare us the indignity.

Yeah those will "get ya good" and you might need "emergancy sergry thar in tha stewdeoh ladies and gentlemen"
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Any resemblance?

CW
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]
i own one display knife. It's a rambo type knife mounted on a plaque with ny mae engraved on it, and my unit. It was a parting PCS gift.

I woudl never buy a "display knife", but i would do the gift plaque idea.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

just dont pull them out like your starting a lawnmower.....

OMFG thats on good video and one hillarious story that Ive related to this one thread.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Next trip to the gun show, take a good look at the people standing around the table with the fantasy knives.  Free entertainment.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Next trip to the gun show, take a good look at the people standing around the table with the fantasy knives.  Free entertainment.  

Unfortunately the guys selling the good knives are always also the ones selling all the fantasy knives
so how the hell are you supposed to take anything they sell seriously.
"Yeah, this United cutlery folder is made to the same specs as this Benchmade, you're just not
paying for the brand name."
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

excuse me. after that mental picture i have to go wash my eyes out with bleach

AHAHAAHAHHAAAA!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#19]

That knife was mentioned by name in a australian illegal knife bust over one year ago!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately the guys selling the good knives are always also the ones selling all the fantasy knives
so how the hell are you supposed to take anything they sell seriously.
"Yeah, this United cutlery folder is made to the same specs as this Benchmade, you're just not
paying for the brand name."

I think he was implying the customers that were looking at the knives, not the dealers.  I do agree it's hard to take a dealer seriously when you see the knives that look like they came from a really bad post-apocalypse film along side functional blades.  The dealers are there to make money, and if there's a market for goofy wizard and wolf knives, I'm happy for them, because the money isn't coming from my pockets!  I've never understood what attracts people to shiny, pointy objects.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#21]
It's art man . It is all in the eye of the beholder.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yeah.  Ultra-scrawny and pimply 13 year old boys dressed all in black and semi-obese 35-40 year old men...all of whom still live with their mother.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:18:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, whatever....

Look up Tom Anderson and check out his quality stuff and the designs he makes himself, not only his fantasy knife designs that Master Cutlery has been producing over the past few years.

He's a really creative knifemaker and machinist and his works o titaniun are awesome, wheter it's a pen, a yoyo or a medieval mace (besides his knives, of course)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top