Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have faith in you.  You may never walk again or your mother may not ever recognize your face, but if you attack him correctly he will never breed.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no such thing as fighting like a bitch. If pulling hair helps me win, then so be it.
View Quote

"Fair" fights are for school playgrounds!
There are no fair fights, just a winner and a loser(looser)
View Quote

I won many a "school fight" by not fighting fair some asshole bully wanted to jump my ass, He better have been prepared to get his groin squezed, hair pulled, clubbed with whatever i had nearbye. Didnt get in many fights thankfully.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:24:11 AM EDT
[#3]
No holds barred.

Gracie Jiu Jitsu know fights end up on the ground and train that way.

[url]http://bjj.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
There are many ancient Asian fighting styles that have been perfected for thousands of years and can be quite deadly.  However we here in the United States have perfected our own style in the last couple hundred years.  It's the respected art of "Takeonegun"
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... fights end up on the ground ...
View Quote

That's a pretty broad statement. Are you willing to take a fight to the ground if you are fighting two people? How about if the ground is covered in broken glass, or somehting else you don't want to roll in? What if your opponent has / might have a knife? What if he is willing to stick his thumb in your eye socket?

I think you are misinterpreting the Gracie philosophy. MOST fights end up on the ground. A fight in a controlled ring with a one on one situation where - and this is important - eye gouging and such is illegal will almost always go to the ground. A street fight or a hand to hand situation a soldier might get into are totally different animals.

The real world is rarely so ideal. Many times, if you get on the ground you have just lost.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rather than picking a fight, why don't you train with this bunch a little? I wouldn't suggest anyone picking a fight. You never know who you may come up against. In this case, you know that they have at least some training.

View Quote

I think you guys got my post a little confused i have nothing against these karate guys its just I see them all the time and they don't look like they got anything special.  I would like to hop in the ring and give it a go.
  and by the way I don't think I want to train over their because then I would have to pay and they would make me fight their way and from what I have seen its pretty weak.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]
i come from a family of irish bar brawlers..

it doesnt get any better than a decent ass thumping no rulz brawl.

objects...they are actively encouraged for use..

things i have used in the past for that split second of shock, basically..a stunning procedure:  coleman latern..(propane model)
           college chemistry book  
           evil knieval lunch box
           mizuno catcher mitt
           a tom cat (my favorite)
           danner hiking boot

these objects should be thrown at the head or upper body a nanosecond before a crossblocking technique is performed at knee level. tackle the guy like an all american offensive guard and roll on top and grabbing any hair you can hold the head down and proceed to punch profusely at the head..IF the subject offers too much resistance. forearm him in the nads..and repeat the punching to the head.

i was a twae kwon do student for a year-year and a half. (12 Y/O)..till i was asked to leave due to a personal grudge with an 16 y/o black belt that thought it was funny...that he could round house my ass..

till i raged out on him and grabbed a cane stick and one day while he was stretching..

the stigma of having your ass kicked by a middle schooler and being hospitalized overnight is a terrible thing..i imagine.

he was and still is a punk.

you had better get mean and be quick as a damn cat. otherwise i'd use a pulled hammy excuse.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can tell you are young, so I will give you the advise my dad gave me.
1. There is always someone that can kick your ass, most likely there are several.
3. Sometimes it's all about who is willing to go to the hospital ,are you. Are you willing to die over the reason you are in this position ? If the answer is yes to BOTH, you stand a very good chance that your challenger will back down or beg for you to stop biting him in the nuts.
4. It is OK to bite someone in the dick as long as you really do not like it.
My best guess from the infomation you have given me is you will be lose. [B(]
View Quote

Quoted:
When your rushing him , Keep your head down elbows and forearms under your chin, like a real compact boxer stance. This gaurds against his most effective weapon against your charge(knee to the chin). At the last moment before impact straiten up fast just in case an elbow strike or a cross punch was his intention.Then his Karate is worthless. Now you just hope he didn't study jujitzu.
This when you need about 2 weeks of Krav Maga training
View Quote

Quoted:
And when you land on your face because he side stepped you and picked your ankle with his ankle and then lightly pushed you off balance as you fell to the ground. Get right back up and try the same thing again untill you wear him out. That will show him and his buddys
View Quote

Quoted:
It seem a dick in the mouth is a reoccuring theme in your advice.
I'm guessing you give the same advice on choosing lottery numbers
View Quote

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings when I pointed out the flaws in your post. I realy am No BULLSHIT.
The reference to the lottery, is that some kind of prison lingo to see who's going to be the  bitch ?
View Quote

I've read some of your other posts, seems like you spend a lot of effort trying to convince yourself that your some kind of badass.
I was trying to help the guy get inside,A**HOLE.
What did you do , tell him how bad you are and tell him he was going to get his *ss kicked!
And as far as the flaws in my post,you dont know! Youve never been in a serious fight in your life!
Now go back to your X-box
View Quote

Yet you still dont answer the Lotto thing ?

As to your assumption about me and your vain attempt to insult me, both do not reflect very well on yourself.  You have hurt my feelings again [:(]

I hope someday you look back at my first post when you are a bit wiser and see what I was really saying. I will rephrase it.

If you dont have to fight, DONT.  If you do have to fight, fight like your life depends on it. Because it may. Since mike45acp never stated he had ANY fighting skills I took my best guess at the outcome,working with what I knew.

Once again I am sorry if you were insulted by me pointing out the to mike45acp what could be a bad thing. It was not my intention to insult you. If you cant take that at face value then FUCK YOU.

Oh I dont play those TV game systems.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's the respected art of "Takeonegun"
View Quote

All this time I thought it was ching-ching-pow.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#10]
My father always told me; "Never hit anyone unless you're sure you can get away with it".
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
My father always said to get in the first blow.

Preferably with something hard and heavy, like a big stick or maybe a brick.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
All that training don't mean crap.
All those "pressure points" and "holds" only work if your oponent has no pain tolerance and is weaker than you.

And it is ssssssooo funny to grab one of those tai kwon ho's legs in mid kick and slam him against the wall until he initiates bitch crying or to unconsciousness...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#13]
once again this is one of those internet threads ...lol  oh nevermind
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]
If you are asking, then it sounds like your mouth overloaded your brain.  
Take your asskicking like a man.
Good Luck.

edit to add:  please post after pics
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't judge you or the guy's talent you will face-off with.  BUT... I have sparred and grappled as a black belt, against some guys up higher.  They can touch you several times and you just wonder what was happening.  I would not want to "approach" that uncertainty.

Sounds like your mouth can get in or out of trouble.  Best to leave the issue unresolved.  That is some martial arts training not spoken of to the general public.  It is not wise to go into that situation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All that training don't mean crap.
All those "pressure points" and "holds" only work if your oponent has no pain tolerance and is weaker than you.
View Quote

I take it that you've never been pressure pointed by somebody who really knows his business.

In the hands of an aikido black belt of high rank, you would be stunned to learn that the human body is an electromechanical mechanism and somebody else knows how to flick your switches and shut you down completely, any part at a time or all at once.    It's not about pain, it's about having your nervous system shut down on you as a result of someone knowing where your buttons are and how to manipulate them.

it's scary to have someone literally just touch you and cause your arm to go limp and numb, without causing any pain.  And then he touches you again and you're fine.

You should volunteer as a subject for your local advanced aikido black belt class to practice on. It's the most eye-opening experience you can imagine.    Unless they press the button that makes your eyelids close, that is.

If the human body is a musical instrument, aikido masters are virtuoso composers.  They'll play you like Eddie Van Halen plays a guitar.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Please post your:
1.  injuries
2.  his injuries
3.  medical bill
4.  his medical bill
and yeah, we want PICS.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#19]
One of the main pointers they teach you in karate is to keep a certain distance between your opponent and you. A person fighting karate loses his advantage once you invade his space.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Probably......but let us know how it turns out.

Hessian-1 out!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Reading all the posts, I was originally going to comment on several different posts.  Instead, I've decided to post this question:

Does anyone else see all this martial arts posturing as being the equivalent of flashing your carry weapon?  

No matter what you've studied, what you know, what you *think* you know, what you've seen some guy do in a video - the best advice I can think of is to keep quiet, do your own thing, be aware of your surroundings and be safe.  If you find yourself in a situation where you need to rely on a learned skill (be it TKD, an MMA, Failure To Drops or Tactical Reloads), exercise it to the best of your ability and keep yourself safe.  In most every situation, be quiet about what you know before hand and be quiet about what you did afterwards.

Edited to add - mike45acp:  If you are curious as to the validity of your arguement, ask to borrow some of their sparring equipment. They should be able to provide you with a chest protector and head piece.  Request that they wear gloves and foot covers.  That way, you can see if you're thinking is correct while avoiding too much of an ass beating.  You might be correct in your assumption.  However, you might find yourself in a very humbling situation.  Either way, have fun, smile and take the outcome like a "man."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top