User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The .gov has great sympathy for sex workers because they are both fucking the public.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad we are honoring these sex workers by lowering flags to half staff
The .gov has great sympathy for sex workers because they are both fucking the public.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if we lowered them, then raised them, the lowered them, then raised them, over and over again?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I had only seen them as massage parlor workers.

And I didn't think the massage parlors in the US offered happy endings. I thought it would have been too obvious a place for the police to look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, headlines I was seeing recently were flat-out labeling the shooting as "bias against sex workers".

And I didn't think the massage parlors in the US offered happy endings. I thought it would have been too obvious a place for the police to look.

Seems you've lead a sheltered life.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if we lowered them, then raised them, the lowered them, then raised them, over and over again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feels like I'll have to post this once per page.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I was called a racist and a mysognist yesterday on FB when I pointed out that the type of massage places he targeted are prostitution fronts. Also include that I was victim shaming by pointing this out. People were even saying that you can't trust the motivations stated by the suspect because citing his "true" racist motivation would make him look bad.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Spontaneous double post

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking sexual deviants need to find some Christ in their lives
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
President DJT cracked down on human trafficking and to my understanding the other guy has rescinded some of those policies.

Will there be a television show made in thirty years that shows how the CIA was actually the ring leader of most of the human trafficking in the states so they could
fund (enter whatever reason / policy project / proxy war here)?

On the same vein as the crack cocaine issue of the late eighties and early nineties.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There’s a whole subculture of massage parlors in Dallas. Majority Korean, and well known for sex work. It’s a lot more prevalent than you think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s a whole subculture of massage parlors in Dallas. Majority Korean, and well known for sex work. It’s a lot more prevalent than you think.

Same in Atlanta metro. Some are clustered in certain areas, many are in strip centers. Some cater to certain demographics too, like the ones that advertise all male masseurs for the gays, or all black but most are staffed by Asian women and what goes on in them is no secret.   There was a shooting at a Korean bath house in NE Atlanta a year or so ago and no one got worked up over that one, guess because it was white gay men that were shot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Travis Bickel, not Karen Soyberger.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, headlines I was seeing recently were flat-out labeling the shooting as "bias against sex workers".

yeah. The only time I gave a passing thought to a prostitute was when I was in Amsterdam.  Since I've learned about the prevalence of sex trafficking everywhere and have zero desire or interest.

ETA I know about this overseas, just a bit naive and didn't think it would be so "in your face" here!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]

DOT

RUBMAPS

DOT COM
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#13]

He could not bring himself to take care of the problem firmly in hand.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
People were even saying that you can't trust the motivations stated by the suspect because citing his "true" racist motivation would make him look bad.
View Quote
He killed 8 people, and if he was a racist that would make him look bad?.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, I caught a snippet from CNN yesterday that they were just poor immigrants, trying to make it in America, then this racist attack happened, because they're Asian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they disputing that some of these people were sex workers?

Yes, I caught a snippet from CNN yesterday that they were just poor immigrants, trying to make it in America, then this racist attack happened, because they're Asian.

Strange how people that identify as Asian are considered White when it comes to college admissions, but as minority victims of racism when murdered and the "America is a Racist Nation" fire needs to be fueled. SMH
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As a street cop, the simple question was: is it labeled "Asian". If so, they had happy endings.

My old patrol zone had 7 or 8 of them, including 1 or 2 non-Asian parlours. Plus one or two actual legit massage places. If the place takes your insurance provider, they're legit. If the place has tons of healing crystals and CBD massage oil and is playing Enya, it's legit.

If it says "Asian", has lots of mirrors, no windows, you have to get buzzed in the front door, and the lobby is totally nondescript, it's a sex shop.

Unfortunately there was zero interest from above in shutting them down, and as a uniformed cop it's impossible, since they just don't open the door for you. Yes, they're all trafficking women..but probably not that many, at least in my AO (my limited impression from watching parking lots was that they really don't have as many clients as you might think).

Now the area I'm in has zero...and I can't say I miss them. Not a lot of drama directly associated with the places, but they're only ever found in shitty or semi-shitty areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a street cop, the simple question was: is it labeled "Asian". If so, they had happy endings.

My old patrol zone had 7 or 8 of them, including 1 or 2 non-Asian parlours. Plus one or two actual legit massage places. If the place takes your insurance provider, they're legit. If the place has tons of healing crystals and CBD massage oil and is playing Enya, it's legit.

If it says "Asian", has lots of mirrors, no windows, you have to get buzzed in the front door, and the lobby is totally nondescript, it's a sex shop.

Unfortunately there was zero interest from above in shutting them down, and as a uniformed cop it's impossible, since they just don't open the door for you. Yes, they're all trafficking women..but probably not that many, at least in my AO (my limited impression from watching parking lots was that they really don't have as many clients as you might think).

Now the area I'm in has zero...and I can't say I miss them. Not a lot of drama directly associated with the places, but they're only ever found in shitty or semi-shitty areas.

Wait.

There's massage parlors that take insurance, and legitimately work out the parts that hurt without the whining, bitching, and complaints of a headache?

Is Insured-Rub-Maps a thing?

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://i.redd.it/u7yjq33yoar21.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People were even saying that you can't trust the motivations stated by the suspect because citing his "true" racist motivation would make him look bad.
https://i.redd.it/u7yjq33yoar21.gif

Yep, 100% clown world where it’s worse to be racist than to be a mass murderer.

I give zero ducks about anyone being called racist anymore, it is utterly meaningless.

ETA: autocorrect got me, but I’m not changing it
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#18]
but they were made to rub and tug because of white oppression.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do stings on them here every few years but they open back up.  Resources are probably better spent on going after sex trafficking networks than end users and providers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL, just Google Street view the places; there's everything but red neon heart signs outside the front door, lol.

It's downright shameful that police tolerated this shit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We have lowered our flag for dead hookers. Not to dismiss their deaths as trivial but...Really?
Sadly, many are victims of human trafficking.

And it is weird how these places (and there are a few in my town in random strip malls) seem to operate "hidden" in plain sight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have lowered our flag for dead hookers. Not to dismiss their deaths as trivial but...Really?
Sadly, many are victims of human trafficking.

And it is weird how these places (and there are a few in my town in random strip malls) seem to operate "hidden" in plain sight.

The cops and DA have to know.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
but they were made to rub and tug because of white oppression.
View Quote

And long before they left China, in most cases.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Even though the nutcase straight up confessed to the crime and gave his motivation as related to sex? Somehow I'm not surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they disputing that some of these people were sex workers?

Even though the nutcase straight up confessed to the crime and gave his motivation as related to sex? Somehow I'm not surprised.

After all, it is CNN.  I would be shocked if they told the truth.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOL, just Google Street view the places; there's everything but red neon heart signs outside the front door, lol.

It's downright shameful that police tolerated this shit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top