Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just picked up 4 cases for $12.99 each on sale. Oh, and I just kicked the keg of it we had for yesterday's father's day party.

ETA: Page 3 is mine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No comment!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
you can get it everywhere here....in the big picture of beers that are readily available, it's just OK.

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Mmmmm. Just had a cold refreshing Yuengling after a wonderful afternoon canoe trip on beautiful Oneida Lake with Mrs. ARtraffic. Nothing soothes sunburned knees better than a cold Yuengling.  Bass (the fish) and Carp all over the place out there today!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yuengling is just a small brewrey. They could never make enough beer to be a national brand. And I dont think Dick Yuengling would want to. Yuengling only has distributers up and down the atlantic coast frpm Florida to New York (except GA). And none west of PA. So it really is an east coast beer. Sorry OHIO guys. Looks like it's Coors and Budweiser for you!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
America's Oldest Brewery. They are in Pottsville, PA. A dump of a coal-mining town (even dumpier than the one I grew up in just a few miles away).

You got that right.  

That's why I was Parris Island bound five days after I graduated from PAHS in 1974.

I went home last spring to bury my dad - the place still looks the same as when I left.

Jim
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It's all over NC.

We had kegs of it in college.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
My grandpas buddy drives a 18 wheeler all over, I think I'll ask him to bring me back a case or 2 from VA when he goes there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
Funny,
I was at a bar in Germantown, Oh, the waitress asked if I'd like a beer and I said "yeah Yuengling".

Her reply:  "We don't carry foreign beers".
I couldn't help but laugh....

I got one along those lines, in college I worked as a cook at a bar, and we were allowed a free beer at the end of the day.  So I of course wanted a Yingding...

"can't have that, domestic beers only..."

I pretty much went off on them, how dumb were they, this was in PA, 4 hours from the brewery.  It must be that ethnic name...

Beer profiling is a terrible thing.

I was really hoping Yingding would have bought the Rolling Rock brewery so they could ramp up production.

A call out to anyone else in Columbus, if I can't find Yingding here, do you know where I can get Arrogant Bastard?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#10]
They sell it at the Sam's Club in Albany, NY.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been all over and haven't found it anywhere.... still looking though!
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah that's good stuff.  

Have you tried asking your local liquor super store to order it for you?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I called  Yuengling, they have no plans to expand into any states except Georgia and the New England area.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I can't get it in Michigan either.  

However, a really good friend of mine is family with the owners of this tasty beverages.  He goes to the family reunions in PA every year.  I usually have him pick me up several cases while he is there.  I believe his next trip is next month so I can replenish my supply.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Yuengling is good, but as a Texan I'm still partial to Shiner Bock. Sadly, Publix seems to have stopped carrying it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
America's Oldest Brewery. They are in Pottsville, PA. A dump of a coal-mining town (even dumpier than the one I grew up in just a few miles away).

And again I learn something.

T
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's all over the place in Virginia... I used to like it in college, but I'm not a big fan of it anymore.

Roger that. Its in most places in VA. Matter of fact got one in the hand right now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#18]
BLACK AND TAN!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I spent part of last week in the Outer Banks (damn, I hate those damn OBX stickers, but I love the area), and drank too much of this wonderful lager beer known as Yuengling.  That stuff is just delicious.  I want more, but can't find it in Ohio.

Any other fans?

Welcome to a problem thats familiar to many I'm sure. A buddy of mine works out in PA every couple months and brings back cases of the stuff for like four people. Damn fine beer it is.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top