Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Unedited page 2 own and best of luck to Nolo!
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:05:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unedited page 2 own and best of luck to Nolo!
View Quote
51st post nails it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wasn’t Peruta also decided favorably, with some of the same judges as were on the Young panel, only to get killed en banc?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Briefs printed and fedexed to court. State of Hawaii filed a motion for additional briefing tonight. Going to tell them no.
View Quote
Tell Hawaii to take their judges and go to hell
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The state’s motion will be granted and it will cost another couple hundred dollars to print and ship after Alan and I spend a whole bunch of time drafting. I spent over 1k at fedex printing 88 copies of briefing, binding, and then finally shipping. Additional briefing is a waste of time and money.
View Quote
I had no clue simple stuff costs so much in the legal game.

I'm ready for round 5.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#9]
9th has been considerably less batshit lately...largely, I suspect, because their outright thumbing of their collective noses at Heller et al almost guarantees pissing off SCOTUS.

The currently seated Supremes would almost certainly grant cert if the 9th gets out of line on this.

Enjoying the potential here.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Everything is expensive. Hang tight because when we go to San Fran to argue, we may need another round, we are stretching what we have to cover all the expenses and conserving where we can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The state’s motion will be granted and it will cost another couple hundred dollars to print and ship after Alan and I spend a whole bunch of time drafting. I spent over 1k at fedex printing 88 copies of briefing, binding, and then finally shipping. Additional briefing is a waste of time and money.

I'm ready for round 5.
Everything is expensive. Hang tight because when we go to San Fran to argue, we may need another round, we are stretching what we have to cover all the expenses and conserving where we can.

It's on you to figure out your tax burden.

It's on me to create that problem.

Let's go.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Roberts is a tainted turncoat asshole.  Do not rely on him in a 5/4 court, especially where RBG's assistants are writing her decisions for her.
View Quote
Fair. The question he asked, however, was where Roberts has screwed us on 2A related issues. What in his very broad history indicates to you that he doesn't hold a Strict view on the 2nd?
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
ugh.

En banc proceedings are stayed and submission of this case for decision by the en banc court is deferred pending the issuance of an opinion by the United States Supreme Court in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. City of New York, No. 18-280 and further order of this Court.
View Quote
This is frustrating for those of us waiting for some judicial relief. Always a long delay to maybe a baby step win at best.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is frustrating for those of us waiting for some judicial relief. Always a long delay to maybe a baby step win at best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ugh.

En banc proceedings are stayed and submission of this case for decision by the en banc court is deferred pending the issuance of an opinion by the United States Supreme Court in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. City of New York, No. 18-280 and further order of this Court.
But that means when NYSRPA is decided, the en banc applies that standard correctly or as fucked up as they can, and Young either declares victory for the entire 9th, goes right to the SC saying the en banc can't read for shit, or asks for a new ruling on carry.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
But that means when NYSRPA is decided, the en banc applies that standard correctly or as fucked up as they can, and Young either declares victory for the entire 9th, goes right to the SC saying the en banc can't read for shit, or asks for a new ruling on carry.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ugh.

Kharn
If NYSRPA goes our way the 9th will just say the 2A is limited to carrying an unloaded handgun in a locked container.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If NYSRPA goes our way the 9th will just say the 2A is limited to carrying an unloaded handgun in a locked container.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ugh.

Kharn
Assuming the SC doesn't establish a standard for evaluating claims with strict scrutiny, or calls out improperly applied intermediate scrutiny (as used by the 2nd Circuit in NYSRPA).
If the 9th rules cased, unloaded carry is the only protected mode, Young then appeals directly to the Supreme Court.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#18]
This could be a good step
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Nolo
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The state's motion will be granted and it will cost another couple hundred dollars to print and ship after Alan and I spend a whole bunch of time drafting. I spent over 1k at fedex printing 88 copies of briefing, binding, and then finally shipping. Additional briefing is a waste of time and money.

I'm ready for round 5.
Which is why the dillos sell out faster than a "doorbuster" flat screen TV at Wal-mart on Black Friday.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Which is why the dillos sell out faster than a "doorbuster" flat screen TV at Wal-mart on Black Friday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The state's motion will be granted and it will cost another couple hundred dollars to print and ship after Alan and I spend a whole bunch of time drafting. I spent over 1k at fedex printing 88 copies of briefing, binding, and then finally shipping. Additional briefing is a waste of time and money.

I'm ready for round 5.
I hope there is another round of the dillos. I am never fast enough to get in on this to help you out Nolo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#23]
This is siege warfare.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had to look it up. It's positive?
View Quote
Any time you see "9th Circuit" in reference to a 2nd Amendment issue, it's bad news.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go https://www.spinnprint.com/ and enter in your files and compare to Fedex.  I use them often and have great results.  Brett is the owner (I think) and will work with you.  He has been great with us and we are a small business.  Around 1/3 the cost of our local Fedex for most projects.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#26]
fock those SOBs!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#27]
9th Circus. Even Nolo doesn't stand a chance.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is siege warfare.
View Quote
yep.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Our motion for reconsideration was "DENIED"

No explanation. Just "DENIED"
View Quote

Keep up the fight brother and thanks for all you do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Our motion for reconsideration was “DENIED”

No explanation. Just “DENIED”
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Our motion for reconsideration was “DENIED”

No explanation. Just “DENIED”
View Quote

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#36]
The embarrassment continues...

There really are freedom-loving people here, we're just being muffled from all angles.

Thank you Nolo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#37]
So, on to appeal?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So, on to appeal?
View Quote
It sounds like they are just plain refusing to hear the case (after staying the decision) and the only court higher than the 9th is the actual Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Trump has already put 3 judges on the 9th circuit, and another 4 are making their way through the Senate confirmation process.  And there is one more vacancy after that.

At that point, Trump will have put more judges on the 9th circuit than Obama did in 8 years.

It still isn't enough to flip the balance, but if Trump is re-elected and the Senate stays Republican through 2024, I think the 9th will have more "R" judges and "D" judges.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, on to appeal?
It sounds like they are just plain refusing to hear the case (after staying the decision) and the only court higher than the 9th is the actual Supreme Court.
Yes.
Well, you've got 30 days to draft your cert. petition appealing the stay.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Is the 9th "trying"to force the SCOTUS to take up this issue now (as opposed to after the next Justice is replaced)?

As others have said keep up the good fight!
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We are weighing options. I’m just irritated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, on to appeal?
Yes.
Well, you've got 30 days to draft your cert. petition appealing the stay.
We are weighing options. I’m just irritated.
As much as it sucks for your client, the easier path is probably just waiting out the stay for the NY case decision, and taking your en banc reversal back up to SCOTUS for a later bite at the apple. Getting an en banc decision now and filing a cert. petition on that crappy 9th cir. opinion without the benefit of the NY pistol club decision is just going to get you, at best, a vacated and remanded for reconsideration, and then you have to do it all over again.
But I'm not an appellate lawyer, so what do I know.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:51:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Y’all are probably in the worst jurisdiction ever. Worse than NY. Worse than NJ. We will do everything we can to help.
View Quote
That sucks to hear.

Again, Thank You.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Living behind enemy lines here as well.

I have not fired a gun outside of work in over three years.

This place sucks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Keep up the fight brother and thanks for all you do.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Lol. I don’t understand anything in your OP.

Literally may as well be Greek.

I assume it’s good tho?

Eta: Read the rest of thread. My takeaway is that LaRue needs to do another dillo run?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top