Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to wonder what the guys that bought 100 striped lowers plan to do.
View Quote

We have 100+ lower parts kits.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
A- Biden isn't doing anything. If anyone thinks that's HIS plan.... Derp.

B- Fear, fear, fear.

C- Sure, be prepared but it's likely whatever is in that so called plan will happen slowly and incrementally, with much resistance.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Many parts, sure, as long as one has a good example to copy.  Springs?  Not at all sure about that.
View Quote

Grab some guitar strings and learn a little about heat treating steel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm a machinist. I do what I want.
View Quote
Thinking through the AR-15, I think the barrel and maybe the bolt is the only thing a pretty basic shop couldn't reproduce to a moderate quality.  Basic meaning mill, lathe, grinder and a machinist.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]

The kid from little people big world all grown up?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Besides replacing recoil springs at regular intervals
The only thing I have broken was a trigger return spring on my early gen 2 19 that was my match gun for a couple decades  with about 100k through it

I also replaced a striker spring a few thousand rounds after that as I was getting light pin hits on some old SAKO smg 9mm ammo that I had used for years , spring was still working fine with commercial and reloaded ammunition
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What tends to go down on a Glock 19?
Serious question.

@thorn653

Unless you have a high round count on it, it's pretty resilient.

That said, after taking the Glock 1-day armorers course, I have stocked up on slide and frame parts kits, but I have several Gen 3 G19's.

If you're going with single parts, I've also done recoil springs, locking blocks (be careful which generation G19 you have as they are generation and can be intra-generation specific), firing pin springs, firing pin, extractor, extractor spring.  If you want to keep it even more simple than that, then stick just with the springs:  Recoil, extractor spring, firing pin spring, etc.
Besides replacing recoil springs at regular intervals
The only thing I have broken was a trigger return spring on my early gen 2 19 that was my match gun for a couple decades  with about 100k through it

I also replaced a striker spring a few thousand rounds after that as I was getting light pin hits on some old SAKO smg 9mm ammo that I had used for years , spring was still working fine with commercial and reloaded ammunition

There’s a reason people like Glocks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]
If any of you have metal-framed CZ-75 pistols, this isn’t a bad kit to have.  The kit is for a CZ-75D PCR, but the firing pin/spring, extractor/spring are interchangeable on the other CZ-75 models.  The recoil spring is the same for the CZ-75 Compact.  Slide stops are usually very CZ pistol specific.  If you have a couple of CZ-75D PCR, this kit is a must have.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/product/factory-original-cz-75-d-compact-spare-parts-kit-kit0081
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have spare bolts, triggers, springs, safeties & charging handles coming out of my ears.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
White Oak Armament has great prices on individual small parts, cheap shipping, and no sales tax.
View Quote

They have free shipping right now. Stock up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:53:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
White Oak Armament has great prices on individual small parts, cheap shipping, and no sales tax.
View Quote
Looks good!

How is the quality? Anyone ever have problems with their stuff being out of spec or anything?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Register them as MGs during the next amnesty?

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:11:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agree - certain parts cannot be printed.  But if the Afghanis can manufacture in a cave, suspect my fellow Americans will find a way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many parts, sure, as long as one has a good example to copy.  Springs?  Not at all sure about that.

Agree - certain parts cannot be printed.  But if the Afghanis can manufacture in a cave, suspect my fellow Americans will find a way.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:12:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Buy 100 lower parts kits...
View Quote

Every time I buy spare parts it ends up as another gun.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:16:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got a couple of these. They were out of stock at brownells unfortunatly, and now out of stock at midway as well.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022909373?pid=999055
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Agree for time being; however, 3D printer go brrr.  They can't stop what's coming - technology and materials advances will bring the small parts factory to your dining room table.
View Quote

A surprising number of gun parts can be made with simple tools like a drill press, a vise, files, hammers, pliers and sandpaper.  

In some cases you might be able to make a workable replacement part with simple hand tools faster than assembling and tuning a 3D printer.

Not saying a precision machined part wouldn't be better, just saying that a lot of really simple parts that don't have exacting tolerances can be made pretty easily.  You just keep removing metal until you have the part you need.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:17:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A- Biden isn't doing anything. If anyone thinks that's HIS plan.... Derp.

B- Fear, fear, fear.

C- Sure, be prepared but it's likely whatever is in that so called plan will happen slowly and incrementally, with much resistance.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree for time being; however, 3D printer go brrr.  They can't stop what's coming - technology and materials advances will bring the small parts factory to your dining room table.

Springs aren't gun parts unless they are labeled as such.  You can order spring assortments on Amazon for small springs.  Harbor freight sells them too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:33:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:41:02 AM EDT
[#19]
It is prudent to have spare barrels, bolts, springs, ancillary small parts, the complete set of tools to work on an AR, and enough spare rifles that receivers are not a concern.

Beyond a certain number though, if you need more than a few spares, there will either be BFPUs or you will be dead, so don't burn that retirement account outfitting a battalion.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#20]
If there is one thing that the left has made blatantly obvious the last few years by them running to friendly Federal judges over everything, it's that much of Biden's agenda can be shut down the same way.

It just takes a GOP with a spine and a rich person fronting the cash for lawsuits. In that case, a single Federal judge can block what he does, and if his lawyers rewrite what he wants to do, then run to another judge and keep blocking it until it gets to the Supreme Court...which is currently 5 to 4 and has a good chance of shooting down anything Biden wants to do gun grabbing wise along with other things.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:16:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Springs aren't gun parts unless they are labeled as such.  You can order spring assortments on Amazon for small springs.  Harbor freight sells them too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be useful to have a printable copy of spring measurements and rates to help find replacements down the road.

Anyone know where to find one of those?

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah... not buying extra parts.... I’ll just grab a different rifle, or a different pistol. I’ve got a few to choose from.
View Quote

Exactly . . . the old New York "reload".
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I have multiple P226s with spare parts. Multiple P320's including family. Multiple "G" SD rifles in the family. 2k for each caliber, except for .308. My son said he has more .308 for his Tikka than he has of .556.

We will be ok.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:29:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Try watching all this going on and having to choose between spare parts or trying to bandaid your truck to keep it running.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I have multiple P226s with spare parts. Multiple P320's including family. Multiple "G" SD rifles in the family. 2k for each caliber, except for .308. My son said he has more .308 for his Tikka than he has of .556.

We will be ok.

ETA... that doesn't include the odd balls that we have.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#26]
“You Don't Know What Biden Has Coming For You.” Imagine posting this here months later. Thanks for the update I guess?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Ok what parts will I need for my gen4 g19?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Do Solvint Trapz need crush washers?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
and the uppers.
View Quote
Make the uppers out of branches and stones.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Try watching all this going on and having to choose between spare parts or trying to bandaid your truck to keep it running.
View Quote

No kidding.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:53:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ok what parts will I need for my gen4 g19?
View Quote
Sounds like recoil springs/assembly would be a good start.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/High-round-count-pistols-100-000-observations/4-160140/?page=1
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I think a more productive conversation is how we're keeping anymore infringements on the 2A from happening.  These people are literally getting in front of cameras and saying they should make lists of us and hunt us down.  Quit talking like fucking losers and man the fuck up.  Sure get your parts but don't plan to live in an America where we have to hide exercising our God given rights.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Joe Biden can go fuck himself with a rusty shovel.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Striped lowers?

Like, what color stripes do these lowers have?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think a more productive conversation is how we're keeping anymore infringements on the 2A from happening.  These people are literally getting in front of cameras and saying they should make lists of us and hunt us down.  Quit talking like fucking losers and man the fuck up.  Sure get your parts but don't plan to live in an America where we have to hide exercising our God given rights.
View Quote

I put it out there. The simplest option is having people running to the courts over everything Biden pushes for, and force it to the Supreme Court if it has to.

The left pioneered this themselves and ran to the courts constantly, solely to stop Trump's agenda, why can it not be done in reverse? A single federal judge in Hawaii blocked the travel ban and his state wasn't even taking any refugees in at all....The judges can obviously make up any reason that they want to block something which is what the Democrats did from 2017 to 2020.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of the 3d printed gun designs are designed to not use any firearm related components, as they're for production in Europe.
Barrel rifling is even produced by taking an off-the-shelf precision steel tube, 3d printing a spiral mandrel, adding wires to the mandrel, and, in a chemical bath, running electricity through the wires to remove material to produce the grooves in the bore.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If Biden wins and shuts off the Oil then food will become your primary concern very shortly.
View Quote

You also have to protect the food you have.  Prepping is a package deal.  It's all important.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are we really at the point we are having to have this discussion?
View Quote

Some people have been having this discussion for years.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Their owners................  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their owners................  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

The main reason I am not as stocked as I would like to, Life has a way of taking over. Thankfully no truck problems but other areas have to be taken care of and planned for.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

None of my lowers have stripes. What am I missing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of my lowers have stripes. What am I missing?
Krylon.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Serious question.
View Quote

Well, you've probably been thinking about that trigger upgrade anyway.  And maybe those TiN upgrades.
That gives you the originals as spares and probably covers most of what you would want.

Or just buy a lower frame kit and a slide kit.  They're actually pretty cheap and would cover everything.  If this blows over, you can pick up a frame and a custom slide.....
If you buy and build one of the polymer80 frames you could even build one for which there is no federal paperwork.

It's also perhaps worthwhile to separate the firearms that you picked up in private sales from your FFL tracked guns, know what you have that nobody can prove that you have.

John
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

I'll never understand why so many people thought the next ban was going to copy the last ban and not address the loopholes in 94.
View Quote

It's not a matter of grandfathering. It's a matter of timing. It's like buying stocks for a company you know that you know will go belly up in the future, but not before the stock price soars.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

VERY

And you might need to use those guns to obtain whatever food you can, before you even have to worry about slotting commies.
View Quote

Commies need food too, so why not get both?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You need to buy stuff, and drink.

More.

At the same time.

Bonus if you unbox and drink... it's like hiding Christmas presents to yourself for years to come!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
every time I bought spare parts it turned into another...gun

You need to buy stuff, and drink.

More.

At the same time.

Bonus if you unbox and drink... it's like hiding Christmas presents to yourself for years to come!
I can do all that without drinking

Buy spare parts and "stock" them
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
and the uppers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy 100 lower parts kits...
and the uppers.

And spares
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#47]
The time to stack it deep was 2019. Donate to stop the steal or GA senate races instead of stockpiling buffer springs.

Oh and Trump had a wish list written up on campaign website too: probably repeal NFA, national constitutional carry and Glock 18s for kindergarten teachers. But he couldn’t accomplish any of that because he didn’t have 60 seats seats.

Dems will pass a bunch of shit out of house and it’ll die in senate no matter who is POTUS.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Grab some guitar strings and learn a little about heat treating steel.
View Quote
Failing that, music wire is cheap at any decent hobby shop.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#49]
I have  been  thinking  about  small parts for a while.

Thankfully , most  parts are still available  at BCB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Wait until you see what Kamala the Kunt has planned for any dissenters.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top